Main Menu

Gonna have to take a Dagger of Distraction?

Started by Mallahki, January 27, 2004, 04:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mallahki

Have you all read that certain mobs will have weapon resistances?  There is a link in the campfire section atm talkin about this.  So....Do you think this means we will need to carry different types of weapons?  I have been thinkin about it, and now I guess I am gonna hafta waste points on one of the rotting daggers of distraction just in case we come across a mob that resists h2h and blunt weapons.  I guess it isnt too big of a deal.  I may wait till we actually find a mob that resists h2h before i buy a piercer, what do you guys think?  And I was curious, is our warder claw/bite/maul attacks h2h? You think they will get resisted and we will actually have to put some kedge blades on them? Man i hope not...So....heh...who is gonna take a dagger of distraction now?

Soriab

:roll:  :roll:

Are you talking about in the upcomming release of GoD?

As far as I know all the way up to PoP and Quarm him self is able the be dammaged with about any weapon you want to equip. :?

Yiktiki

Yah, I saw some forwarded post in the GoD section on .com.  That seems totally nuts, but gives me reason to pursue a Dagger of Distraction, Shinai of the Ancients, and Ethereal Destroyer just so I have multiple options for doing damage. (c:

I would think that some critical analysis of the Berserker would give an indication of what to expect out of the GoD raid scene.  What strenghts will the Berserker bring, then chances are you will need that for the raids.  (Group ATK buffs from what I can tell)  So... maybe we will see a change on the diminishing returns from a higher ATK rating. (c:
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Soriab

Well seeing how we are getting Group IoS that they will change the stacking restrictions with Focus and allow them to stack.....  :?  :shock:

Kirruu

I'd wait until the expansion actually comes out.. They always change things before they are released, so who knows. /shrug

Mindlet

I haven't looked at this but it would seem stupid. Rogues especially would be hurt by something immune to piercing. Most other classes can swap to a different weapon and not go down much in dps but an elemental rogue does 40% of their damage from backstab.

bugman

its an idiotic concept in everquest where its very hard to get one set of weapons much less one set for every other GoD encounter. i supspect the melee immune/resistant mob idea will either go away completely or be so dillueded it wont really matter, at least i hope so.
~Bugman - Venril Sathir

Silresa

I don't see why everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and calling this concept stupid without considering it further.

True, some mobs have -partial- resistance to some forms of damage.. This doesn't mean you'll be totally and utterly worthless in every way shape and form. It means you'll do a little less damage.

However, just as some are resistant to some weapon types, they are weak to others, giving you an increase in DPS.

The change isn't astronomical, whether it's susceptibility or resistance, but it's rather silly to bash the idea so quickly, when it goes both ways.

Personally, I think it's kinda neat.. For mobs that resist one type of weapon you use, you can switch out and do normal or even increased damage. If this isn't as much an option, due to your class or personal weapons, the resistance isn't all THAT severe anyways.
http://members.cox.net/losian/newsig.gif">
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=249204">Silresa Kylong, Iksarian Feral Lady of Watchkeepers.
- And -
Jingles, the ever faithful and infamous warder companion.

Ukator Iceblood

Yeah I think I like it if its true. Kinda like don't use cold nukes in Kael, just doesn't work well. Casters have to deal with it, melee should too:)
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Tytallia

It's not like they are going to extend this idea to cover spells and shaft all the casters by making certain mobs extra resistant/immune to cold/fire/slows/mez for example...

Mahes

Heh

Mobs have always had various resists to spells...

This is simply a melee version. Just means raid leaders have to think a little bit more and manage their resources.

*Edit* As sarcastic as I am, I missed that sarcasm in the previous post.  Sorry.  :P

totania

You all do realize what this means, right?

Melee: God damnit!  Now hybrids are more effective than us again because they can cast spells and melee, so on weapon resistant mobs they do higher DPS than we do!  We need to be more powerful!  Lets have a sit in!

It won't matter that our nukes will also be resisted or ineffective.  The cycle begins once again.

Member of Night Eternal

Mallahki

Well, I found this

http://rpgexpert.com/1105.html

Yeah..i know its rpgexpert, but oh well.  If it is true....the whole "hybrids doin more dmg" is kinda off.  If anything, its every melee except for rogues who rely on piercing can still do their fair share of melee dps....provided they have a bag full of weapons of all types and of the same quality.

*edit* and btw...i dont think it will be so bad.  The only one that has any room to complain are rogues, but all they have to do is make it so backstab ignores resist.  The only time i will be upset (and im sure monks also) is if they make a mob that can only be hit fully by slashing weapons.

Vorph

Quote from: MahesMobs have always had various resists to spells...

This is simply a melee version.  And as previously mentioned, yeah, some may take less damage from one type, but also more damage from another.

And when it's as easy for a melee to load up on all the weapon dmg types as it is for casters to get all their available nuke dmg types, then maybe people would accept this idea....

Personally I think it's an even worse idea than bane weapons, and that's saying an awful lot.

Ukator Iceblood

Backpack with 1hb, h2h, 2hb, and piercing=all set for whatever unless slashing mobs

This just means I'll buy a couple of daggers (IED and SHFD) to carry around.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony