Main Menu

Gonna have to take a Dagger of Distraction?

Started by Mallahki, January 27, 2004, 04:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoat

I agree Vorp - this is as stupid as Bane's.  Let's cause additional loot fights in every guild as now everyone needs 1-2 weapon of each type.  I hope a lot are H2H resistant, so we can be forced to use a weapon that we have a low cap in.  F'in brilliant I tell ya!

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Valsuvious

Hmm.. well, yes this is true.  There will be certain mobs that certain types of weapons will work better than others.  One such mob that I know h2h and piercing weapons work great, blunt weapons do about 1/2 dmg and slashing doesn't work almost at all.  I'm sure there will be more to it than that, but thisn't isn't a bad concept.  It presents a way of making encouters more challenging without requiring big raids.

shenker

Not more challenging just more of a headache for people to deal with. Now you will need all available weapon types your class can use along with the fact that our weapon caps suck minus h2h. Brilliant!! :evil:
Shenker

Troll Wildblood on Test Server
My main since Dec 2001 through thick and thin.
I LOVE MY BEAST!

WOW- Shenker 60 Human Priest on Lightbringer. (retired)

Ghoat

Melee Balancing 102? Hmm, lets make em ineffective or less effective on some types of mobs - yeah, that's balance!

It's not that I think it's a bad, illogical idea per se, I just don't think it can be implemented in the existing framework of the game without wreaking havoc.

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Mallahki

I agree with most of you.  I dont think it is that great of an idea from a beastlord point of view.  Because i have spent a lot of time getting the best h2h weapons that i can get, since our skill cap is lowered in our other weapon times.  Now they are gonna force us to use the other skill types, bleh.  But at least the way i see it, i just need to pick up a dagger of distraction (because this is the best piercer that i know of that, plus it is rottin for my guild) and anytime i cant use h2h, just use the dagger, and ED in offhand (let the proc do the dmg, forget the melee dps, heh).  If i cant use piercing, then use 2hb (maybe pick up a rottin staff of trancedence also, but man..that is alot of points for situational weapons)  Oh well...It is not an extreme change, but does add to the headache.

bummp

I always felt funny attacking a skeleton with a piercer.  That just doesn't make all that much sense.  If they can work out some sort of logical system on mob melee resists, it would both suck and be cool at the same time.  However, it would be more realistic I think.
Master Bummp Indanite
Feral Lord of Bristlebane, 67 seasons and counting
Veeshan's Fury

Bengali

It's not as bad as people think.  Unfortunately I can't give details.

I can say that the various concerns about certain classes (rogues, monks, beastlords) are taken into account in various ways.

Man, that was vague.  Sorry. :(
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hrann

I don't mind if this goes live.  Sometimes I won't be doing optimal dps - doesn't matter much to me, and could be fun, as long as it's not overdone.

Also, shouldn't this be posted in the Campfire?  This sort of general information would be better shared with a wider audience IMO.

Mallahki

The point of my msg was who of us (addressing the PoTime bsts) are goin to waste raid points on a dagger of distraction.  It just happened that the other parts of the msg was more interesting, and that is what some ppl focused on.  My question would not have been better addressed to the general public because most ppl would not waste points on a dagger of distraction for obvious reasons (they are not time flagged).

Dummkopf

Its not that big a change, even now there are some fights where we cant do max dps. It will just add another way to assure that. At the moment i wont waste points (or attendance in our case) on the dagger, might do that later on if i really need one.

Bengali

Well, to answer the original question, I'm not gonna spend points on a Dagger of Distraction.

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

Dumpty

I wouldnt bother,  if you HAVE to have a piercer for 1 or 2 encounters something you can pickup in bazaar should suffice, your not going to be using it all the time.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Zitarthecat

DoD rot in my guild and being non-dkp ganking a rot items doesnt mean anything. I think 2 or 3 BLs already have one. If i was in a dkp i would be more upset. At this point most weps are rot or go to apps/twinks so ganking a piercer really isnt a problem.

I kinda like the concept but the way it screws with gearing of guilds is going to be a bad side affect.

Mindlet

We don't use DKP in our guild so I am curious on this. The same as Zitarthecat in our guild getting a rot means nothing. Its not consided as loot. Do DKP guild really require people to spend points on something that would otherwise rot? If so why? That seems totally retarded.

Bengali

The reason is to discourage people from pretending they don't want something so that it's about to "rot" and then getting it for free.

And yes, sometimes it causes issues, but /shrug.