Main Menu

Frantic Ravenous Beast in Maiden's

Started by Deiadrox, September 22, 2004, 12:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hzark

Enter ME at 5am.

FRB spawns at 7.45 am - drops Essence.

(Total camp - 8 hours before patch - 4 FRB, 2hr45mins after patch - 1 FRB)
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688699

Stromgaard

Weeee ! Got mine today after zone had been updated. Named spawned after 7 spawn rounds and dropped it!

Spent 32+ hours on this camp and now it's finally over!!! I am so happy I could cry! hehe :D

Ssmokey

I spent 21 hours camping this before the patch last night.

Today I spent 40 minutes camping it and got the essence of the first FRB spawn. Thank you SOE>
Predator Ssmellycat Meowington - Wild Blood
The lonely kitty of Tunare

Jolabst

I camped this stupid mob for 5 hours today after patch and NOT one spawn.

Shrouded

What server Jola?  It's possible that your server just got missed in the update.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Taiglin

Killed him 5 times prior to the patch and seen nada since. Spent more time after the patch camping him that prior =(

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Pantheras

After reading the various posts about this camp I was dreading it.

Ended up clearing the camp 2 times and then the FRB spawned.
It spawned closest to the center of the firepit.

Took him down with a few friends and it dropped the drop.

Katillone

Even post patch (last night) I went through 3 hours nearly before the namer spawned, but when he did, it dropped the essence no problems.  At least I had a good movie to watch while waiting :P

Killed with myself and my back pocket cleric without incident, looted and go the heck outta dodge.

Katillone Quickpaw
Eclipsing Sojourn
Innoruuk Server

Kinal

Took me about 5 hours total, but he dropped it the first time.  This was all post-patch.

Of course when he spawned, he instantly killed my druid, so I couldn't fight him straight up, I had to kite him for 15 minutes with no KEI and an un-SoWed pet.   That was fun.  ;)

Meeshna

Ok folks, post patch info - when I zoned into ME on Bert he was up. I could NOT even get to him without ubah adds so I just invis'd up to UP zone, (I two box a druid) had druid run out invis, cast snare even tho he is immune to changes in run speed and run that pups happy butt to the UP zone.  My bst was stuck in the corner, as the mobs my druid brought with her were about to smack her I had her zone over.  I then watched as they all pathed back, the wolf trailing behind, and as the druid was zoning back over I slowed the happy pooch and tanked him by the UP zone.  Course, no essence.

Then I decided to go ahead and try sitting at his spawn.  I off'd the two pups on either side and the many, MANY adds that kept attacking me.  I had one PH and then he spawned again.  However, because of his many HP's and all the darn adds smacking my druid I had to evac us out.  Back to square one.  Put BST in corner near UP zone, had druid run out invis, cast a snare and run her happy but to zone.  I then tagged the pup while the druid was zoning back over to ME and off'd him. WHAMMO -  essence.

This mob does have a LOT of HP and will tear your pet apart even at lvl 66 but ghetto pulling his happy butt to the UP zone worked great if you have a partner that can invis out, cast without dmg and run the mobs to UP while taking a few hits and nukes from the casters and such in the zone.

Luckily for me the ME camp was the longest out of the 3 but it only took about 2 hours max in there. Course, I do count the time I spent trying to clear to the spawn thinking it would be decent AA exp. (FORGET THAT NOISE!)

Good luck fellow BSTy's, I'm still stuck on my last fight in RCoD and it totally sucks to be so close and not be able to attain a decent BST weapon.
Questing Vah Shir

Kinal

Quote from: MeeshnaThen I decided to go ahead and try sitting at his spawn.  I off'd the two pups on either side and the many, MANY adds that kept attacking me.  I had one PH and then he spawned again.  However, because of his many HP's and all the darn adds smacking my druid I had to evac us out.  Back to square one.

That's odd.  

I wedged my druid and myself into that "cubby" there under the firepot and I never got a single add in the 5+ hours I was there.  I wonder if pathing was "tuned" in the past couple of days to make that spot unsafe.

Taiglin

I sat on the grassy rise just west of the 3 spawns (just off the paved area). I think there are only a couple of paths that track onto the hill and less then a handful that track close enough to argo. Because the mobs here roam across a goodly portion of the zone I rarely had these guys be an issue. Beyond those I will concede there are some major mob pathways where you would run into trouble if that is where you were setting up shop. You are also far enough away from the spawn so if he does pop he willnot argo on you. At 65 with a 64 Druid bot I had no problem with any mobs in the zone that path through that area. Something to watchout for though is the Frantic will death walk north. If you fight him too close to the 3 spawn of robes there might be a cleric in the group. The wolf cannot be snared/rooted.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Sharrien

Adds could easily have come from the frequent trains that are dragged over the firepot behind people on their way to UP.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Volsykat

Is this the large furnace sort of off-center where there's 3 partitioned areas - 3 wolves, 3 Xi's, and open, or is this much closer and slightly north of UP?  I see people talking about a safe cubby spot under the fire, but there isn't any in one, and I haven't checked the other, I just saw the firepot, 3 wolves, and assumed it was the spot.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Ekss

QuoteIs this the large furnace sort of off-center where there's 3 partitioned areas - 3 wolves, 3 Xi's, and open
Yes. It's the thing with 3 curved spires rising from a central spot, just west of the zone to UP.
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar