Main Menu

Frantic Ravenous Beast in Maiden's

Started by Deiadrox, September 22, 2004, 12:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinal

Quote from: VolsykatI see people talking about a safe cubby spot under the fire, but there isn't any in one, and I haven't checked the other, I just saw the firepot, 3 wolves, and assumed it was the spot.

That's the spot.  Just  back yourself into the corner "under" the firepot and stay there.  As soon as you uninvis, you will aggro all 3 wolves so don't do this if the Frantic is up.  Kill the first wolf quickly, then take your time with the next two and you will have them spaced out nicely.  And watch out that you dont go up on the left (facing out from the fire pot) wall too high or you will aggro the robes on the other side (2 cleric Xi's at the same time suck, let me tell you...).  But as long as you stay in the center or the right near the firepot, you will not get any adds.

Spawn time for the wolves is exactly 11m 43s, so get yourself a timer.

Volsykat

Ah good, so it is the right spot...well, 2.5 hours in, rest of the weekend to go, this is all that's keeping me from my final fight :)
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Kinal

And if you need to kite him, drag him to the SE corner of the zone.  There's no robe mobs over there (so no CH on the Frantic at a bad time) and no roamers.  As long as you don't aggro the static gorangas, you can kite in peace.  And there's a big hill over there that you can use to gain a kite lead on the Frantic if you need a couple of extra seconds to heal yourself.

And keep SoW on your pet at all times.  I didn't, and when I was forced to start kiting, my pet's dps really was hurt by barely being able to keep up with the Frantic.

Good luck!

Volsykat

I haven't had any add problems setting up camp in the empty partition just on the other side of the wolves, I just make sure to pull back closer to the center and not fight on the steps, and I don't get adds.  Only time I have had trouble is if I fight too far away, and the 2 robes who cross maybe 10ft away notice...otherwise, no worries.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Meeshna

It is possible that I got trained my night there but from what I could see I was alone almost the entire morning.  I did notice on Bert tho that the robes didn't stay on the grass all the time, they were pathing right over the firepit or right past the wolves.  Could have been a pathing bug, not sure if it has been fixed or not.  I also noticed that the pathing over the firepit got worse the more robes I killed.

Course, they still haven't fixed the whole mobs bunching up in one spawn point or in  a section of a zone yet.  I have noticed in SG sometimes you can run in to a cluster of 4-7 mobs that seems stuck in their own geometry.
Questing Vah Shir

Cairnveldt

Walked into the zone today and Frantic was up, killed and dropped the item. Lucked out big time, no waiting, only a couple of Xi adds to deal with.
Cairnveldt's Stuff
Level 65 Beastlord.
The Rathe...

Wrot

Same, was up when I zoned in post-patch, and dropped essence. The next spawn was named again, I didn't kill it.
Wrot
Caph
Luclin

Gariyn

I'm just about to do this wolf, so after reading this I can safely assume that I wont be able to stand toe to toe with him. Either kite or call on a healer when it pops?.

Predator Gariyn - 75 - Beastlord - Quellious

Tindos

Yeah, when I tried this I took 2 tries. The first try, it was me, another bst, and a necro, all guildies. On attempt to pull the frantic, we got a few mobs and the necro died (we were gonna kite). The second attempt was me, the other bst, and a shaman for healing. Used gpp to pull the other wolf out of the way then gpp again to pull the frantic solo. I tanked and the shaman healed, he thought it was an easy enough heal job but we definitely couldn't have done it without him.
-Elder Tindos, Feral Lord (lvl70)
Sir Tong Kong, Lord Protector (lvl65)
Northstar Legion, Torvonnilous

Khayden

I did it solo by kiting him with DoTs and DDs, it was quite hairy but I managed to avoid adds by running in between the centre and the north east lake and back.  Would have been easier if I'd had hobble then by far.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Vidyne

Mine was a little of overkill...
I asked guild for a healer... and got a 2 group raid.

Pally RL pulled FRB and 4-5 adds across ME to DSP and raid killed it all :)

But for my friend's spawn...   66/100aa or so at the time,  we just duoed it...  with spot chloros and Muada's to each other(he had the Muada at the time I just had chloro), it wasnt too hard.

With two beasts hes cake to straight up tank if both have decent aa....  65/100 isnt too hard to get to.  Just the second pet seems to help reduce the FRB's dps to a point where its not too hard to tank it.

I could kite it pretty easily if found a spot.. and I might could solo it tanking now.. but Im not sure.

Mrcoolies

Hi
Got mine last night was so happy.  I camped it for about 3.5 hours with my 58 lvl cleric 2nd account and it was getting late and I started to get slack and needed to rebuff when the SoB poped and caught me off balance lol. I got him down to 11% when ph poped and killed my cleric then I died grr.

When I got back to ME there were 4 bst's in zone so Iam starting to get worried so I called guild cleric to come help and also managed to get a bunch of lvl 55's who were in UP to come help me. I ended up clearing the 3 mobs at UP zone then druid pacified 2 ph wolfs then I pulled frantic to up zone was a piece of cake with the grp I had, but after reading that he doesnt always drop the essence I was jumping for joy when I looted him.

Anyway Iam glad that bits over and done with :)

Good Luck

Malbro

I, too, got him last evening.  He popped on me, a warrior, and druid and wiped us.  The druid was the healer and she went down first, then I went down just as I realized what was going on.  Warrior survived and zoned to UP.

We came back with a cleric and back :), pulled him to the UP zone and killed him.  He dropped the essence.

Malbro

RumbleFV

It took me about 24 hours (spread over a period of 4 or so days I believe) when I finally looted mine. The wolf was there already when I got there along with a few other spawns. Thankfully there were all light blue to me. What I did was pulled with slow, then used my insta-clicky invis to jet over to the SE corner of the map (near where the 3 static Gorangas are). You'll find maybe one, if any at all, other mobs that will path to that valley. Anyway, once there, I kited the wolf around (warder had on the hate decreasing proc) until he was down to about 33% or so then just tanked it using both my main discs. In hindsight, I probably could have tanked from the start but better safe than sorry. :)

Rumblepants Obu
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1077156

Brem

I'm 9+ hours over 3 days clearing this spawn with me a 70 beast a 70 pally and a 70 druid and no sign of him .. we've been camped at the firepot.. any idea if something has changed?