Main Menu

DoDh pet spell thoughts

Started by iamweaver, November 15, 2005, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamweaver

Some of this has been mentioned before, some not.  I figured I would start this and troll for other ideas.

Generic detrimental mana reduction focus/haste only.  Spell is not affected by Summoning Haste or Summoning Efficiency (rats!).  Neither is it affected by DoT focii (hey!  we are thinking of our pets as a DoT, right? :))

Pet AA's apply.  This means that when looking at bang for the AA buck, they give more DPS than mentioned in the AA DPS calculator.  Since the pet isn't in your group, I assume that Pet Affinity AA's won't apply for bardsong.  I should probably just cast a group spell while fighting  MOB to see. Eh. PA is a great AA that you should grab anyway! ;)

Pet Focus applies.  This means that if you used to swap out your pet focus item after summoning, you will want to think about modifying this. Too bad my pet focus and detrimental mana reduction focus are on 2 differing items that use the RANGE slot :p  At least I can bandolier them.

Mana Efficiency:  Depending on the MOB, the pet does 2000-2500 for me (using the DoN pet focus and only rank 1 of both pet AA's). Better mana efficiency than our nukes, a bit less than our DoTs - but NEVER resisted.  With the exception of a few poison-susceptible MOBs, I usually use this instead of a DoT.

Solo MOB positioning: for me, this spell has resulted an a slight change.  I now start with my warder on the same side of the MOB as I, then I spin to place him and the beast behind the mob.

Aggro:  Clearly, this gives us an aggro-free DPS boost.  Not so useful when tanking in a group tho :)

Off-tanking/pet stop?  Be accident, I have let the MOB offtank during a few multipulls (low-DB MOBs). It didn't die, so I assume it has a few HPs.  Haven't done extensive testing here tho.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Tastian

Lets see, last I checked...

-  PA didn't work(no bardsongs, etc)

-  The offensive AA calc I coded does factor in depths pet when calculating return value, but only if you include the depths pet when entering your data

-  Mana efficency is very high for such a short duration and huge burst potential.  Also because the AAs that effect this spell also hit our warder they are much better than crit affliction line of AAs usually

-  The pet has a lot of defense/hps so that it can survive the whole time it's out

I would also add that the mob can change targets if the other dies if you somehow get the second mob onto the pets hate list.  With such a short duration it's not usually an issue, but it can be done last I tested.

Dummkopf

QuoteThe pet has a lot of defense/hps so that it can survive the whole time it's out

Not entirely true. There are enough mobs that ae ramp so hard that it dies before its usual duration is up. However due to the short duration its not a big issue normally. It does get hit by unresistable aes so there is another issue as well, but not a big thing in my opinion.

About its push, well, it has a bit of that but not overly much so it is not an issue at all to me. Positioning it in the rogue position however seems to make a notable difference about its dps (havent parsed this extensively yet though).

Tastian

Sorry that might have been worded a bit poorly, so that it has a "chance" to survive the whole times it's out.  It isn't like our SPF pet proc or even our normal warder.  It has very high stats to help it survive better for the time it is out.  8P

jitathab

DoDh pet gets pwned in MPG trial Adaption to the fire mob :( but then again so does our tank.

Tastian

I once had my spf proc'd pet "tank" warlord gink in earth B for two rounds~!!! 8P 

tacyttik

From my calculations, I'd estimate HPs at 14k. Pet got hit with a 12k DD, dropped to about 15% health.

Rarrum

The fact that it can change targets is both useful and a bit annoying.  There are times where I don't want it to change; if something hits it, it will generally turn on them.  This is bad if your attacking one mob, and another mob that you DO NOT want to damage is using an ae or ae rampage of some sort.

Kanan

hmm.. i'd not noticed that yet.  The only time I'd seen it changing targets has really been it shifting to a new targ after the old is ded. 

I'll have to check next ssra run, siccing it to deal with a 3 spawn room on its own at the first.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

iamweaver

It definately does change targets.  In fact, once I summoned it to deal with adds in RSS and Feratha's AE hit us before the pet reached the add.  It made the run a bit more interesting :).
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis