Main Menu

How to find the Animist in CT (screenshots)

Started by Kebrarn, September 17, 2004, 11:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noslen

Ok Im having all kinds of problems with this, I must of died 10 times last night.. I think my biggest problems is I dont know where to go... Ive walked through every door..  I keep ending up in these little rooms with a bunch of fly that see invis.. By the way you guys are talking im going the wrong way.. Any help would be appreciated..
70 Beastlord
Lord Noslen

Bristlebane Server

Kanan

zi, go into the CY, hang a right thru the door, follow ur map northish thru the maze.. kill things otw there, kill more things when u get to the big old pyramid.  Kill around to the back of the pyramid.  Lev up, invis up.. watch ur pathers, climb side of pyramid straight up to the top.  Drop down inside.. find him in one of the pools (this part i'm weak on.. did it really fast with a guildie & then gated the hell outa there ;p)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

noslen

Quote from: Kanan on October 19, 2005, 01:54:44 PM
zi, go into the CY, hang a right thru the door, follow ur map northish thru the maze.. kill things otw there, kill more things when u get to the big old pyramid.  Kill around to the back of the pyramid.  Lev up, invis up.. watch ur pathers, climb side of pyramid straight up to the top.  Drop down inside.. find him in one of the pools (this part i'm weak on.. did it really fast with a guildie & then gated the hell outa there ;p)

Ahhh ok I see this now... thats the only route I didnt take last night duh  ty bud...
70 Beastlord
Lord Noslen

Bristlebane Server

rdahl

Died about 20 times doing this part before there was a guild lobby and easy corpse summoning.

If you are Vah Shir you have a small benefit in doing this, you can sneak past any see invis mobs on the ground level, just make sure sneak took (note your movement speed) before you try.

I did this (as I said after 20 or deaths) without any snare capability by a combination of invis and killing any see invis mobs on the pyramid.  Most of my deaths were from the mob I was killing running into the next mob on the walk.  This was a matter of luck, they all seem to path from mid-way on one side of the pyramid to mid-way on a second side so if the other mob was at the other end of his path I was successful.  Also, remember there are 2 routes you can take on each level, if a see invis mob is in the way one direction try the other.  It is possible, however unlikely, to reach the top without ever fighting.

Good luck everyone, this was way harder for me than any of the mobs up to GS.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

noslen

This part is not fun... I got frustrated so I took a group of our top guildies and we still couldn't get to the top... we were fighting our way up, we got about 2 tiers up and got wiped.. ugggg...
70 Beastlord
Lord Noslen

Bristlebane Server

felinefury

OK i found an easy way to od this, not sure if it was said or not.  had a lvl 70 necro drag my body to tanks  and fd, waited til ago cleared and rezzed me right beside tank I needed

WOOT!

Kanan

hmph.. well yeah, if ya wanna do it the easy way FF ;p

noslen

Well after dying about 40 times I finally did it.. Fought my way up with Me (68 Bst) and my 70 War my buddy 2 boxed his 70 bard and 70 Cleric..  Though I made it up once and fell lol.. I died quick so we had to do it again with lev this time hehe..   It was funny though we beat a raid to the top.. not sure how... 4 vs 40.. hmmm doesnt sound right... Though the bst waiting thank me for clearing the way lol
70 Beastlord
Lord Noslen

Bristlebane Server

Nekokirei

with the advent of shrouding, anyone know if the mobs see through the rogue shroud with its Hide/Sneak?

and if not, is it possible to hand in the note while shrouded or does the class/race  (goblin rogue) thing become an issue?

if anything, if mobs don't see through rogue hide/sneak, it'd be a great way to scout this location--despite y'alls very awesom descriptions, i'm just not able to envision the layout.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Kanan

you could scout it prolly.. but you would have some minor troubles doing the hand-in since all of your gear goes into limbo when you're shrouded ;p

Nekokirei

ah, kk thanks.  never been to CT but looking at the maps, seems to be a pretty wide and deep zone.

about the letter, i was thinking of banking it before shrouding up, then withdrawing after shrouding.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Kanan

iirc, your bank empties out on the shroud too, only the shroud bank being a bridge b/w shroud & regular.

You and a druid could prolly duo over to there pretty easily Neko.  Just clear most of the pathing mobs as you go.  Pulling as many as feasible to the start of the pyramid.

Something I think I failed to mention before: have lev when you scale the pyramid up the backside.

Animist

Quote from: Nekokirei on November 02, 2005, 06:28:07 PM
with the advent of shrouding, anyone know if the mobs see through the rogue shroud with its Hide/Sneak?

and if not, is it possible to hand in the note while shrouded or does the class/race  (goblin rogue) thing become an issue?

if anything, if mobs don't see through rogue hide/sneak, it'd be a great way to scout this location--despite y'alls very awesom descriptions, i'm just not able to envision the layout.
I have just tried this approach... failed  :-P
It gave me a "quest-completed" ding sound after I turned in my letter, but no text followed. Nor after I said the phrase "How do they survive?" and "What are you learning?"... Nor after I unshround.  :-P probably it will check your class hehe
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Hiirsh

Did this part last night... TOTALLY forgot about the sneak/hide, my print out should have been updated before I started, many things missing.. anyway there were see invis mobs at both ends of the pyramid while trying to get to the top.  I was with hubby, 70 Druid.  The hardest parts were the last two levels as there were two mobs at each spot that are immune to speed changes, cannot be rooted but can be slowed and could not split them.  They summon. We were able to do them without dieing. Had to do some medding for mana between the fights from spot to spot.  Once at the top, I was able to see Giblod in his pool.  He is alone and it is easy to float down to him and do the script and hand in. 

Hope this helps!
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993926"></a>
~Lvl 80 Beastlord ~ Resilience Guild ~ EMarrs

kinaelven

:-o

pictures are broken some one please fix!

thanks