Main Menu

How to find the Animist in CT (screenshots)

Started by Kebrarn, September 17, 2004, 11:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

kina.. the pics been broken for a very long time.... scroll up & try reading my directions to see if they'll work for you.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Kinamon

Howdy,

CT is a pain to say the least, best way to the top (if you don't have sneak) is get a few friends & slay every lizard you see.
The Animist is in first tank to your right. After you walk into the top of the temple turn to the right corner behind you. With LEV on
(I fell to the bottom 2 times before, and theres no way back up) float down to him and your styling. If anyone on Druzzil Ro
needs a hand I'd be happy to help out.

Kinamon
Xev
Druzzil Ro

Nekokirei

Quote from: Animist on November 06, 2005, 05:02:37 PMI have just tried this approach... failed  :-P
It gave me a "quest-completed" ding sound after I turned in my letter, but no text followed. Nor after I said the phrase "How do they survive?" and "What are you learning?"... Nor after I unshround.  :-P probably it will check your class hehe
I'm impressed!  I couldn't make it to the pyramid!  Shroud worked great right up to the point where I exited the maze and got my very first look at the pyramid.  Was standing there checking things out, when I hear the attack script from one of the lizards--got hit with some kinda Slow, rogue sneak/hide dropped, got slaughtered in a few seconds.

Well, on the good news side, I saw CT is gonna be a 60+ hotzone, so putting together a group shouldn't be an issue. =)

Thanks for testing this out!
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Kitathia

GAH was going to attempt this step this morning ... and the servers are down ~sulk~

Going to attempt it by the use of shrink/sneak/invis/levi.. and if that fails.... box a 66 necro and do the rez in the pool.

Ekkkk Well, server is back up. Tried and got slaughtered as I came out of the maze - some raptor got me. Tried with the necro and same thing.. didn't help that necro's darn FD failed.. OH I'm gonna HATE this part soon.. trying to box the cleric and see how that goes...

EDIT
Well got 1/3 up the pyramid.. (still not sure I'm going the right way.........) got agro and all of a sudden me and the cleric bot had 6-7 on us.. gated cleric out and ran my tail of to Zoneline.. made it with 500 HP left or so hehhe Thanks to Tigger. Going see if I can find me a necro who know the place and do the harikiri & summon/rez thing. 

BY the way anyone know if I can drink an invis potion when doing the turn in in WW? or keep hitting sneak till it works?

Kit Kat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Kanan

pull most of the initial mobs to the ramp just before the pyramid area.  That should lessen the pathing adds, esp since they'll only be able to cast a single time before they have to run there to see you (LoS casting issues help on the pulling casters)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Skratz

When I did this for myself, I ran up the back, to the top with no agro.  I was amazed!  Tried the same thing with a friend of mine, and didn't work so much.  This should work for you if you have a second person with decent resists.  Have the first person run to the top using levi and running up the side, aggro the top mobs, and levi to the bottom most part.  (make sure to have fero and all other resist buffs up)  then when they get close, run back to the top.  up and down, up and down, up and down staying on the ramp parts (not in the halls) while the person needing to turn in, goes past invis.  When my friend turned in and gated, I ran all the way to the bottom, let them get very close, then all the way to the top and had enough time to get origin off.  Hope this might work for some others.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Kitathia

WOOT I'm so HAPPY. Ran into a couple of former guildies headed to CT to farm  blood for the shaman so we teamed up and killed ALL the way to the top of the pyramid. I hailed the silly Ogre taking swimming lessons in his pool -  did my speach - Mage CoTH me back and we fought part of the way down till we decided we had enough of leeeeezards and gated out.

Next step is killing Sphinxes - Girplan and then.. the dreaded DDA.. I'm so excited!

I can warmly recommend beating your way to the top. The whole sneak/invis thing didn't work for me at all.

Thanks to Funnwind & crew, Loofy and my hubby's mage :)

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Tardar

Quote from: Skratz on April 24, 2006, 07:46:45 PM
When I did this for myself, I ran up the back, to the top with no agro.  I was amazed!  Tried the same thing with a friend of mine, and didn't work so much.  This should work for you if you have a second person with decent resists.  Have the first person run to the top using levi and running up the side, aggro the top mobs, and levi to the bottom most part.  (make sure to have fero and all other resist buffs up)  then when they get close, run back to the top.  up and down, up and down, up and down staying on the ramp parts (not in the halls) while the person needing to turn in, goes past invis.  When my friend turned in and gated, I ran all the way to the bottom, let them get very close, then all the way to the top and had enough time to get origin off.  Hope this might work for some others.

Yep this works not too bad cuz I was the one running around trying to find the thing while Skratz kept the area trained away.  He even made it out alive IIRC!!  Thanks for your help again bro.

Tarlaan

I had a very hard time with this.  Tried duoing with a cleric, then tried a druid to no avail.  Finally I had a wizzy friend of mine who had access to a well equipped and geared cleric and he drug my dead corpse all the way to the top and rezzed me by the ogre.  All he did was cast DA on himself.

Zathrix

Okay, just finished this.  Beastlord (me) Paladin, Monk, Shaman, Druid just fought our way in.  I like the direct approach.  The only thing I have to add to all of this is that with Spirit of Eagles I could easily get back out of the tank once done with the turn in.  This may have been noted somewhere, but I don't remember it.  Perhaps things have changed...
Savage Lord Zathrix Ebonclaws - 70 Beastlord
Proud Knight of Candiria Keep, Fennin Ro

Meowsa

This must have changed.  There doesn't seem to be anyway to get to the top other than traversing through the entire pyramid killing around 100 mobs.  You can't run up the sides to the top, even from the first staircase, unless I missed something after having to kill everything in the courtyard, since see-invis mobs are about 3 in 5.  After 40 mins of killing and only getting to the the 2nd set of stairs (with a see-invis at the top), I decided I'll have to get a group of friends to do this part. <sigh>

rdahl

somewhere in here I posted my nightmare experience with this.  for me this was without a doubt the hardest part of doing 1.5

If you're a Vah Shir you can use sneak to go behind see invis mobs, this and timing usually gets you to the first level of the pyramid.  You can try going both ways on any given level of the pyramid to check for see invis mobs, so if one direction is blocked with see invis try the other direction.  At the time I tried this I didn't have fetter aa (or the previous version, can't recall its name) so I would die to adds when the mob I was killing ran.  Don't forget to cast lev on your self (at the very latest when you first get inside the pyramid before you try to jump down).

If you can choose what class to bring, bring an FD class and have them train the mobs away so you can go up a level, rinse, lather, repeat.  Of course a full group works well too.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

Nusa

You can only go up the sides if you have levitation on. Even with lev, you can only get on the side at the stairway points (at least an unshrunken vah shir can). When you go up the side, make sure you don't pause over a walkway drop into the trench...once in, you can't get out without going to the nearest stairway.

As for avoiding mobs to the backside of the pyramid, that's the real trick if you don't have sneak. Having a friend train em out of the way is a workable solution. I did it with sneak, a very long time ago now. No recent experience.

Has anyone tried doing this part as a shrouded rogue? Does that work?

Unapuma

I hope I got this correct as I haven't tried this part of the epic yet.  I still have yet to get the grass from the castle, no one wants to one group Grymes and the raid in PoD castle always occurs when I'm not online :(

If any part is not correct, do let me know!

Using EQ Zone Viewer, I pulled a few screen shots:

Follow the red line from the ent to the maze.  Plenty of routes there to avoid see invis mob so check around until you can reach the pyramid. (Map courtesy of EQAtlas.com, used without permission)

Overhead view of the pyramid, follow the ramp starting from the one on the far back (north side) and work your way up to the top most floor.  With 2 possible routes per floor, you could get to the top without a single fight.

Enter there.  But stay on the platform, the first step can be a real doozy.  :-D  You should have levitate on by then.

Turn to the right and look down until you see the pool.  Float down carefully to the platform near it or directly into the pool.

Once there, just sit back and wait for the ogre to show up.

If you get this far solo, congrats.  Do remember to pack a gate potion or use origin AA after the turn in.  If you don't have the AA, don't have the gate pot, and can't get anyone to summon you out, log out and use return home button after some time (6 hours?)

Timberghost

Gotta say, the most reliable way for doing this is to just put a regular killing group together and kill back.  IMO it's faster, safer and more reliable than all the sneaking / invisi and levi out there, with less chances for oh shoot moments when a see invisi brings his friends to welcome you to the neighborhood.