Main Menu

Spiked Fists of Annihilation

Started by Roxxorz, June 09, 2004, 06:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latang

Outa curiousity Rox, how much agro do you get with them? Unmanageable? Or is it just a "hope the mt get's a few procs off" kinda thing.

Oh and ya the graphics are a little.. old =P I'm sure you look menacing tho...

;)

Latang

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Shirrkarn Ayge

Since getting Spiked Fists, I have noticed no significant agro issues from the proc. My only complaint is that they do look awful..
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Gospodar

Hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE the proc on these since I got them. Aggro is not so bad as much as proc being almost useless on most raids considering the frickin resist ration on it(over 60% on most raid mobs, more on some, less on others, for GoD at least) and frickin thing gives ya aggro even if its resisted..... *sigh*

Decent dps still overall but would be wonderfull to see change in proc.... Like, for instance, sword that drops off fury and rage in the same zone for slashers with Dark syphon proc on it  :twisted:
Gospodar the Defender of the Ages

Erollisi Marr - Divine Grace

Eatbugs

I was looking forward to getting these despite the graphic - until I remembered that even the new proc has a knockback component.

All such procs are banned on our guild raids, (understandably, due to mobs bouncing around unpredictably with multiple people using them) and a weapon I can only use solo seems fairly pointless...
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Gospodar

Knockback on proc is negligable mate.... Not to mention that it actually has to stick for knockback to kick in(which it never does).... All in all complete waste hopefully they look at them and change it....
Gospodar the Defender of the Ages

Erollisi Marr - Divine Grace

Urim

QuoteAll such procs are banned on our guild raids
Wow, i feel sorry for your guild considering most procs/spells have some form of knockback component to them. Seems like your raid leaders are going a bit overboard. Plus sometimes a knockback can be a very valuable tool when trying to position mobs.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Ttony

You know almost every class got a new graphic for their class GoD weapons. Why did mnk/bst get stuck with the same old graphics? Sounds like the "unfinished expansion" again. I suppose it may have been worse I guess. We could have been given the "Elf Shoe" graphic the 1hs weapons got or something just as lame.
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Kossos

been while Roxxorz send me a serverwide tell bud
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=725398" TARGET="_blank"> Kossos 65 Feral Lord
http://www.clubfu.net/" TARGET="_blank">Club Fu
Bristlebane

Eatbugs

Quotemost procs/spells have some form of knockback component to them.

Not even close.  Most of the PoP weapon procs that have a stun component (planar strike, planar stun, etc) have a knockback component, and a few others such as the copper hammer of striking - but very few decent nodrop weapons have knockback component procs.  In fact, I can't think of another weapon that drops in elementals or beyond that does.

Very few straight DDs have built in knockback, although surprisingly a number of DoTs with initial DD components do.  I made an extensive list of spells and procs with knockback components at one point (in my ongoing battle to show that pet push wasn't the problem at raids) only to have someone link a much better list (for spells, anyway, if not procs) here.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal