Main Menu

Brell's Arena - Boomerang Brawl!

Started by Mardag, June 21, 2010, 12:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardag

Does anyone know how many silver tokens you get if your team comes in 4th place?  Was just curious if I could just bring a 3 box there and lose over and over every 31min and get a sufficient number of silver tokens for the lack of effort.  The gear is serious upgrades to all of my characters and I would rather just farm silver tokens while semi afk then buy em in bazaar.

The difference between the gold items and silver is negligable so doesn't much matter there.

Nusa

Ranking and rewards are based on the toons personal points, not team performance, from 1st to 15th. 15th place is about 10 silver, if I recall, although I think it's zero if the toon never throws a boomerang. To get exactly 4th place might be more effort than just playing to win...since you have to pay attention to the npc scores. Best way to answer your question is to simply try it, of course.

The real advantage of silver is that it's tradable, which means you can also obtain it from the bazaar and friends. Gold is not tradable, so if you play to win always use the toon you want the gold to be on.

The other place you'll find fast upgrades to your toons would be in the Old Man McKenzie Monster Missions. He's in PoK by the inside brew barrel. Easily 3-boxed once you figure them out.

Hzath

Since you just want silver tokens and mentioned you can 3 box it's fairly easy to get tons of them each run.  Since all 3 toons are on different teams you can basically just park 2 of them and use the third to cherry pick points from them, when that toon has enough switch to another toon and do the same.  Once you get the hang of it it's not too tough to get at least first and second fairly consistently.

It's 10 minutes of focusing and then like half an hour of afking on the lockout but it's a fast way to get silver (and gold) tokens.  I'd suggest using the gold tokens for the class-specific weapons and rare aug types rather than the slight hp boosts on the gear.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Mardag

I did my first mission today with a guildie and friend and i got 1st place.  3 gold and 42 silver.  I havent yet tested to see how much 15th place is yet but will do so tonight.  I play on FV so both gold and silver are tradeable so if i 3 box it i will rack up on 1 char, switch to second then third.  I just wanted to know if i can afk it and still get tokens but i will know tonight.

Ok I tested it.  My buddy 2 boxed while i played my beast.  I got 3 points then went afk on bleechers while he ran around and fought.  He took first place and got 3g 42s and on his second character he got nothing because he didnt throw a single boomerang.  I took 13th place and got 12 silver.  So basically I can bring in 3, have em score 1 point on 2 characters then go for 1st place on the last and all 3 are guaranteed to get tokens.  Or if I want to go afk i get at least 1 point on all three then get a few silver.

bradam

As mentioned before the 30 min between boomerrangs is the perfect time to sneak in the omm's.   Both guk ones are very easy to tear through in 30 minutes if your 3 boxing.  The naggy one always seemed to take me around 40-45 minutes depending on luck with the guano harvester dude pathing.   Just make chanter/mage/cleric, cleric buffs the 2 casters and pets, gives all gear to the mage pet, and just sits at the zone in the rest of the mission.  Toss a rune from the chanter on the mage just invs to namers, mez/blur adds and burn the namer.  I found it was faster eventually to just let the mage tank to save time lol

Necro/wiz can be good options too depending on which classes you like to play. 

Mardag

I looked at the gear again and some of the gold items have real nice clickies that i want so guess I will keep both types.  One of the clickies has a 17mana 14hp regen clickie usable at level 80 :)

bradam

Unless you really really really like doing boomerrangs... I get sick just thinking about doing one ever again..

You can get the some of the same clickies as the gold token vendor gear from T5 SoD much much easier.  And all the UF gear drops give the same or better clickies then the boombooms do.  The beast claws are prolly the only exception.  I didn't replace those till T9 myself.   You can pretty much figure that by the time you aquire enough gold tokens to buy the claws you'll have almost enough silver to completely gear yourself in those nonviables anyways. 

Does kinda suck carrying around a bag of old gear for clickies but I think we've all got alteast a few in our bags   :lol:

Mardag

Have done several boomerangs since last post and now have several upgrades.  I even boxed a Naggy OMM, though it took almost 3 hours from learning where everyone is and shit load of deaths.  Will get a lot faster as I do it more often but yikes in 3 hours I could have gotten a ton more AA or even a ton of tokens from boomerangs ugh!