Started by melikemilk, September 13, 2010, 10:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melikemilk

IF you have a:
Ignited heart of the firebug 57dmg 18 dely
Torment 67dmg 21 dely
Hexxt chitin lessonteacher 66dmg 20 dely

And then had a 5 dmg aug and a 4 dmg aug to put in them,
what aug would you put in what weapon and  what weapon would you put in what hand.

RATO with aug in them
5 DMG aug
Firebug =62dmg 18dely= 3.44 rato
torment= 72dmg 21dely=3.42 rato
lessonteacher= 71dmg 20 dely= 3.55 rato

4 DMG aug
firebug= 61dmg 18dely=3.38 rato
torment= 71dmg 21 dely= 3.38 rato
lessonteacher= 70dmg 20 dely= 3.50 rato

Khauruk

Lessonteacher mainhand, and whichever graphic I preferred offhand.  The dps difference from the faster delay on firebug will be extremely minimal.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

melikemilk

seeing  the torment or  firebug dotn matter in off hand would you pick one of them two over the skulltuter(for off hand).

Khauruk

Skulltutor w/ a 4 damage aug is 3.4 ratio, but has a very nice proc.  I'd prefer that.  (though I don't recall the proc on firebug...I'm assuming fire DD)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

nedoirah

Stike of Disease II proc on Ignited Heart of the Firebug. Same for Torment.

melikemilk

the skulltuter with a  4 dmg aug is lie a 3.32 ratio where the  torment and firebug are 3.38 ratio, so close to the same ratio. so i guess the question is  what is best for main hand high dmg with more dely or  lower dely weapons?

also if two weapon are the same ratio should they not do the same dps no matter what the dmg/delly of the weapons are, saying they h ave the same proc?

Khauruk

Quote from: melikemilk on September 14, 2010, 10:36:31 AM
the skulltuter with a  4 dmg aug is lie a 3.32 ratio

It's a 3.4 actuallly once you factor in the corruption damage (which essentially lands for full).

And delay really barely matters mainhand or offhand.  I still prefer faster weapons, but the dps difference is miniscule.  I have a post somewhere showing it.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Grbage

The old rule of thumb was fastest weapon in MH so as to apply the damage bonus more often. Back then a weapons damage bonus was a significant amount of the weapons overall DPS.

Since damage bonuses have not increased over time they have become a smaller and smaller portion of the overall DPS from a weapon. So, the new rule of thumb is place the best ratio in your MH and second best in OH.

As a side note, when factoring agro, elemental and corruption are figured to hit for full every swing. So a 58 +5 fire dmg and a 20 dly is actually calculated as a 63/20 weapon. But, elemental typically lands for 1/3-full damage depending on a mobs resist, I make it easy on myself and assume it lands for 50% so the theoretical weapon is 60.5/20 for dps. Corruption is different, mobs have no better corruption resist then we do so according to devs it almost always hits for full damage.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Zunar

One slight factor when choosing a weapon is imo, are you going to be tanking anything?
A slower weapon with more damage gives you bigger riposte damage numbers, and generally those got more AC too.
If tanking is not something you wanna consider doing, then disregard this :)
I believe tanking riposte damage, especially if you're tanking multiples can be quite significant dps.

Grbage

Yes Riposte damage is a major source of DPS on PC's and especially bad for non tank classes due to it being spikes in DPS that generally kill us. Couple ways to avoid that:
-Actually equip a 2h.
-Use a shield. Even warriors have had to go to sword + board to survive current mobs so non-tank classes that are tanking might really want to consider shield use. Yeah I know, very strange thing for a bst to do but.... For those who don't follow game mechanics shield AC is not subject to the AC softcap so you get the full benefit of the displayed AC on it.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv