Main Menu

Customer Service SUCKS!

Started by mac173, April 05, 2004, 04:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac173

Last night, I decided to try the Furies in OOT. I've been there before and gotten beat up pretty bad, but I've upgraded some of my gear and a weapon. Besides, if its too tough I can simply leave the Warder tanking and bug out for the Dock and zone.

NOT!

After aggroing 3 furies, I decide its time to get out of Dodge. I run to the dock.........
No Translocator.
Click off Levitate, fall in the water, look for him under the dock (sometimes he is in the water), No.
Not in the water, not under the dock, not on the dock.
With 20% health left, I Lev again and head for the zone line. Back and forth across the zone line, no zone. I go back to the dock, and die. I send both a petition and a bug report. The boats are not running. I waited for 40 minutes for the boat after I looted my body, and no boat. Translocator is also missing.
Guide replys while I'm AFK, can't do anything.
Can't fucking do anything.
No way to leave the zone, and they can't do anything.
Why the Fuck is there a Translocator to bring you to the zone, if there is no way to leave the zone?
I had to get a friend to come Port me and another BL out, cuz he couldn't get out either.

As I have said before, SOE just does not give a fuck. They have us hooked, and like a drug dealer, they know we have to come  back.

Lorathir

http://www.sigilgames.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3176

Not sure what to make of that. The poster does seem very adamant though.

Pojodan

I do beleive the Sisters Island Translocator spawns on the dock at server up then, at some point, falls through the dock and keeps going through the geometry under the ground..  I got stuck in OOT once after doing the same thing (Though I was 65 so I wasn't running from death).  I ended up levitating and running south to the path the boat takes and ending up running into it and taking it back to Freeport.
However that was a month or two ago and last I saw the OOT boat was simply drydocked in Butchblock now.

They pretty much gave up on the boat working back after Luclin was released.. I remember a month or so when the translocators would be there one day and not the next depending on if the boats worked or not.

Personally I'd love to ride the Tim Deep boat again but last time I tried I got scraped off the dingy when it went through the hull of the big ship rather than around it.

mac173

I have been told that the problems in OOT are not new. I had not encounted it before, therefor was not expecting it. My problem is that this is a bug, a problem with the game mechanics that caused me to die, and they can't do anything about it. I lost XP. I lost time. If I died due to my own mistake, I can accept that. I got to the dock in plenty of time to zone, and have done that before. I had every right to expect I could do it again. The death was caused by a bug in game, and should be nullified.

I have been waiting 5 weeks for a response to another problem that was upgraded to a CSR. 5 weeks. I doubt I will ever hear from them.

Mindlet

You did know that they only put those in to fix buggy boats not so people can zone out when they get in trouble. When I hunted in oot there was no such thing as a translocater you messed up you died. I don't believe you have any justification in petitioning this. And you should know by now that you can't zone in our out of oot (or tim deep for that matter) unless you are on a boat.

Tailzin

It sucks that it happened, but have to agree with Mindlet that it's a "closed door" sort of zone. With my wiz I used to camp the named sisters on the island next door to the seafuries and all too often that annoying pirate would find me and proceed to stab me until I stopped breathing :P

The only way out was to gate, which granted, beastlords can't do (unless potions etc etc)...but there weren't any translocators and there weren't any obvious get out's - if I couldn't gate I simply had to die and get the next boat out there to scrape myself off the landscape :(

I think generally its a shame that PoP had to happen with its fancy travelling books/stones...sure it cuts down on getting from A to B but you find people now that are utterly dependant on them, not knowing their way around the low level zones :roll:
Tailzin
65 Feral Lord
## Venril Sathir ##

mac173

Quote from: TailzinI think generally its a shame that PoP had to happen with its fancy travelling books/stones...sure it cuts down on getting from A to B but you find people now that are utterly dependant on them, not knowing their way around the low level zones
I DO know my way around the old zones. I spent HOURS as a newbie sitting on the boats going from zone to zone. Just how is someone new to the game going to get to know their way around the Low level zones if they zone in, and then can't get out of the zone again? How is a lowbie, new char going to afford 5000+plat gate potions? How does it make it the chars fault when the zone is one way?
I agree, there should be more emphasasis put on the newbie and low level zones, but NO ONE is going to use them if they are death traps!

I know that when the boats were operating, the only way out was on a boat. I went to the zone line in a last ditch effort, hopeing the DEV's had made zoning possible. I didn't beleave they had left the zone with NO way out. If the boats were operating, then I would have kept running with LEV on till I could have gotten on one. NO BOATS! I came to the zone knowing there was no boat, but a Translocator instead, and adjusted my hunting behavior to that circumstance.

Quote from: MindletAnd you should know by now that you can't zone in our out of oot (or tim deep for that matter) unless you are on a boat.
There WAS NO BOAT! THEY ARE BUGGED, AND NOT RUNNING!

If they are not going to fix the boats, then fix the Translocator.

Kinash

Firstly, the Translocators were created when the boats broke and guides got tired of giving lifts to all the players. I remember a time when all the guides were porting players rather than working on the Petition Quque. The Translocators were never intended to be permanent. Like most NPC's they are subject to attacks from other NPC's in the zone or players that really like to ruin other people's days. The Translocator, when up, often finds himself under water by the docks.

Secondly, one shouldn't expect to have translocators up to save their butt when they are in too deep. When the boats are up, they are not! Translocators are not permanent NPC's! The boats are often finiky, they may be working fine on one server, but stop working on another. The reason for the translocators is that it is an easier solution than having to reboot all the effected zones. When the boat breaks on just one route, all the zones with boats have to be rebooted! If their is no GM online then they will not put up the Translocators.
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

feralize

While OOT isn't exactly a "low-level" zone it would be kinda annoying to find you can't get out without a wizard or druid dragging their arse to the zone in order TLC/port someone out who doesn't have the gate spell.

They should just put the translocator in a spot where it wouldn't be possible to get stuck underwater, even if it means moving him/her to a different island  or to a spot where the only reason other players (griefers) would likely be there is to actually use it.
[65 Feral Lord] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=750138" >Feralize (Iksar) 163aa : [65 Arcanist] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=758777" >Kikagoki (Froglok) 39aa : [62 Warlock] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=679674" >Bonekasta (Erudite) 29aa : [62 Warder] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=846383" >Traku (Human) 6aa : [56 Troubador] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=986526" >Twotonic (Vah Shir) 3aa : [51 Crusader] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=865632" >Ubinusan (Erudite) : [51 Brawler] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1045121" >Drolthar (Dwarf) : [44 Shaman] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=986554" >Jikkorak (Iksar) : [40 Druid] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1045106" >Ceggan (Halfling)

mac173

Quote from: KinashFirstly, the Translocators were created when the boats broke
Fine, then fix the fucking boats.
Quote from: KinashThe Translocators were never intended to be permanent.
As of now, they are permanent. The boats on Vazaelle are permanently docked at BB.
Quote from: KinashThe Translocator, when up, often finds himself under water by the docks.
Quote from: mac173Click off Levitate, fall in the water, look for him under the dock (sometimes he is in the water), No.
Not in the water, not under the dock, not on the dock.
Didn't bother to read my post did you?

Quote from: KinashSecondly, one shouldn't expect to have translocators up to save their butt when they are in too deep.
Quote from: Mac173If the boats were operating, then I would have kept running with LEV on till I could have gotten on one. NO BOATS! I came to the zone knowing there was no boat, but a Translocator instead, and adjusted my hunting behavior to that circumstance.
Just don't want to accept it do you? How can you defend SOE? You beleave they don't have to fix the bugs in the game? You really think that what ever is fucked up, we should just put up with and not complain?

As I said before, if people are going to use the old world zones, they have to work. Either the boats, or the translocators need to be up and running. I don't give a damb which it is, but having a zone that has NO EXIT is assinine.

Hrann

And to add insult to injury, after you died the Guide just says "sorry, suck it up" and leaves you to rot in a zone with no exit.

I love this game, but the customer service DOES suck.  It's a growing trend in many companies to not provide adequate customer service, because people are just beginning to live with it.  Hopefully the companies that are taking those short cuts will experience some backlash soon.  However, I don't want Everquest to get to that point, I just wish that SOE would listen to its subscribers and throw us a damn bone.

Tighe

Quote from: mac173Just don't want to accept it do you? How can you defend SOE? You beleave they don't have to fix the bugs in the game? You really think that what ever is fucked up, we should just put up with and not complain?

As I said before, if people are going to use the old world zones, they have to work. Either the boats, or the translocators need to be up and running. I don't give a damb which it is, but having a zone that has NO EXIT is assinine.

I agree with you, and since they still have "Trial accounts" which only use the Old World zones, they should be at 100%.  Any guide which told you "no exit to the zone? sucks to be you" was full of crap.  You should have gotten a summon out to the docks in either BB or FP.  If the translocators are not up and there's no boat, they can't leave you trapped there.

In your first post about CS, I alluded to SOE perhaps moving to another type of service, away from petitions.  I think you should be seriously considering that this move is on it's way, and get used to it.

I hope you /bugged the translocators at least.  Guides don't report them mosttimes, so if you don't /bug it, odds are the programmers won't even know it's broken.  While a GM can get on and spawn it, GETTING A GM on your server is like trying to find a (insert your own joke here).

Hrann

I've had problems using the /bug feature.  Can someone please tell me how it works?  Do you type in /bug <message>, or just /bug and then do something after that?

Also, I'm not trying to derail, but I'm glad Terjyn got in his point in the other thread before it ws locked.  Blaming SOE was just ridiculous.

baatduk

QuoteHow is a lowbie, new char going to afford 5000+plat gate potions

There are plenty of lower cost ways of gating.  Two examples, OT gate hammer and Thurg gate potion.  Both are relatively cheap and easy to make.

Baatduk[/quote]

mac173

I don't know how to get a Thurg gate potion, but how is a level 12 to 35 going to get an OT gate hammer? I've been grouping in OT on and off for months, and don't hae anywher near the war beads needed to get the hammer. And it does not proc until level 50. Hardly a newbie.