Main Menu

Ideas for 2011 expansion/State of the Class

Started by Khauruk, December 17, 2010, 06:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nusa

Quote from: Sevaril on January 17, 2011, 08:54:17 PM
Ok this isnt realy beast specific its just something my room mate recommended.
He just started playing eq for the first time ( a necro ) and realy realy likes aa's the only thing he wish there was, and to me it makes sense , is a way to plan what aa's you want to take in game and filter the crap or non wanted at time  like a personal buildable aa filter ,(( hell may exist just i dont know of one if it does OOPS!! lol ))
make things easier
I do that with pen and paper every time an expansion comes out. Plan out my next 1000 AA and cross them off as I buy them. If there are still important AA left after the first 1000, sit down and plan another 1000. Etc.

Nusa

Quote from: Mordeb42 on January 17, 2011, 06:59:00 PM
Quote from: Orbus1 on January 15, 2011, 07:06:56 PM
8.  Make Gelid Claw an aa that we have to activate.

In regards to the suggestion about another passive aa that causes damage I don't want to see it, in fact as I mentioned in my list I would like to see Gelid Claw taken off the passive list. We already have raid mobs now that I can't attack on because I can't control Gelid Claw, I don't want to have to deal with another one.

As a primary grouper, I didn't realize the proc was such a liability. 

What would rock is if SOE could create toggle keys for certain ablities.  Press the hotkey once and it stays down active.  Press it again and it pops up inactive.  I know a lot of bst would like to be able to toggle subtly etc.

What raid mobs is gelid claw a problem on? None come to my mind right now. It's a DD/Debuff, not a DoT, so I can't see it preventing mezzes or blur abilities.

You actually can control it, even if it annoys you...it won't proc if you don't use H2H weapons. So pull out your bash and/or pierce weapons for those unusual situations.

Sevaril

ya thats what i ben doing he's a program a  a bit anal when it comes to easier features on programs lol i keep telling him its a game based off a 10year old engine lol

kharthai

Quote from: Nusa on January 17, 2011, 09:23:46 PM
What raid mobs is gelid claw a problem on? None come to my mind right now. It's a DD/Debuff, not a DoT, so I can't see it preventing mezzes or blur abilities.

You actually can control it, even if it annoys you...it won't proc if you don't use H2H weapons. So pull out your bash and/or pierce weapons for those unusual situations.

Event 4 in Convorteum, only if your guild fights him out of the lava, though.  Haven't seen (or at least, haven't noticed yet) anything in HoT.

Will also fire off Rush/Flurry of Claws occasionally, so watch that if switching weapons to avoid procs.

Orbus1

If I am not mistaken you can't use it against one of the phases in Brells Temple either, and if I have to start switching weapons from my best dps weapons becasue of Gelid, what happens when a new passive AA we get is set to fire off blunt? I have to switch to pierce now? We have enough buttons to push without having to worry about switching weapons as well, unless thats the mechanic of the raid of course. I guess if the masses want it, then thats fine, but I doubt if I buy another passive DPS aa like Gelid until its been in use for a while and we see if it causes any issues.

Granted its not a big issue in the grand scheme of things, but why make it an issue at all? The toggle idea is interesting, kinda like the buttons for your pet where you can set attack or taunt or whatever on and off.

kharthai

Sevaril

i would have to agree it would make it nice to have it a toggle ability from what i read

Karve

Time to batter some previously embalmed horses again ...

Still looking for companions relocation - behind me (alternative version of current relocation puts pet 20ft behind you). back off / summon is 1 too many clicks in our current clickyfest.

Being able to toggle some of the passive aa's : scs, gelid, pet fade(on summon) would be nice

AA's to increase reliability of possumand some to reduce re-use timer

{not a huge fan of aa's btw, just broke 2k so have a loooong way to catch up, extend the ~2500 for aa bonus to 3500 plz}

AA Pet FD.

Increase focused paragon

Turn Ferocity into an aura

Give our pets an activated ability, Terrifying Stare, pet stops dps, but is able to mez-park a single mob (add like ~3% chance of mob fleeing (fear) instead to make it intersting? I know devs like to not make things too predictable)

Love the above mentioned door-jam idea.

Raising AC softap - we are supposed to take turns tanking with our warder... thats what the class description says, and we're getting back to that slowly.

Make emphatic always overwrite BV (or stack with)

------------------------------------------------------other stuff ------------------------------------------
Not class specific but a merc-olier, buy several mercs but only use 1 at a given time.

Mages need a pet version of this so thay can have 4 pets up n buffed but can switch between them easily... requires a suitable timer to ensure that it isnt abused like combat timer or something.

Some way of easily changing sets of armour  a wardrobe-olier :)

Only require 2 fellowship members to make a camp fire

Make tribute stop running if you are idle (obviously forgot to turn it off (doh! doh!))

Professional Mad Bastard.

Sabbu

Quote from: Karve on January 18, 2011, 12:46:17 PM

Make tribute stop running if you are idle (obviously forgot to turn it off (doh! doh!))

i LOVE this idea, i don't usually use trib because ill forget to turn it off when I'm done.  It has been done with power sources so i know it can be done.

I'm a bit confused tho.  why would you need pet FD if he can fade?  cool factor? or am i missing something.

Mordeb42

Quote from: Sabbu on January 18, 2011, 01:09:33 PM
Quote from: Karve on January 18, 2011, 12:46:17 PM

i LOVE this idea, i don't usually use trib because ill forget to turn it off when I'm done.  It has been done with power sources so i know it can be done.
I think this should be the default behavior not AA.  Tribute should only countdown if ooc counter is counting down or combat is active..

I do think all classes should get a general AA to reduce tribute cost by 5%/10%/15% per rank.  This isn't overpowering.

Mordeb42

4.  Being able to summon pet gear or our pet being created with gear. I think it would also be awesome to be able to see it, an armored white wolf       would look kick butt. Or give us ranks to our pets, Rk I is basic, Rk II has armor, Rk III has armor and weapons when summoned. No procs on the weapons that are summoned either, I don't want to have to deal with my pet having a fire/ice or whatever proc and I can't use him like on the snake in Masked Invaders.

I think that is a great way to handle pet gear.  I agree Rnk2 should focus on armor and let Rnk3 add offensive items such as haste mask/belt.  Leave weapons in the domain of mages is fine with me. 

If the devs have difficulty with summoning the pets with gear, would it be ok for rnk2 and 3 to have recourse effects that summon bags of armor?

In order to keep mages pacified, I think the stuff we summon should be 1-2 expansions of power behind mage summoned gear.

Karve

Quote from: Mordeb42 on January 18, 2011, 01:48:48 PM
4.  Being able to summon pet gear or our pet being created with gear. I think it would also be awesome to be able to see it, an armored white wolf       would look kick butt. Or give us ranks to our pets, Rk I is basic, Rk II has armor, Rk III has armor and weapons when summoned. No procs on the weapons that are summoned either, I don't want to have to deal with my pet having a fire/ice or whatever proc and I can't use him like on the snake in Masked Invaders.

I think that is a great way to handle pet gear.  I agree Rnk2 should focus on armor and let Rnk3 add offensive items such as haste mask/belt.  Leave weapons in the domain of mages is fine with me. 

If the devs have difficulty with summoning the pets with gear, would it be ok for rnk2 and 3 to have recourse effects that summon bags of armor?

In order to keep mages pacified, I think the stuff we summon should be 1-2 expansions of power behind mage summoned gear.

This is good, but pets must always prefer new armour if you choose to give it to them. Pets should never come with weapons, so that you can still annoy the crap out of mages -  they need to feel useful :)

Tribute - should be a general enhancement to how it works, not an AA, just a make it work more sensibly approach.

Pet FD .. well, the fade is a % chance, not guaranteed. Not sure you can summon your pet when FD'd but being able to ge the pet to fd even when you are would be a huge+, it would however need to be a "emergency" aa, long re-use I guess so as not to be used for constant pet pulling.

Professional Mad Bastard.

rhaug

llet the weapons just come in a a bag
make the weapons then beastpet only or so

the mages arent bottered that we dont have to beg for weapons.....

rhaug

i would like increased fd ranks also with spellcasting protection

the current fd sucks a bit too much and simply higher chances for a succesfull fd

Khauruk

Pet weapons are useless, with the exception of deagro proc ones which would still be useless for us except on extremely rare occasions.

Why bother asking for them?
TURNCOAT!!!!!