Main Menu

Ideas for 2011 expansion/State of the Class

Started by Khauruk, December 17, 2010, 06:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blarp

i dont use them not worth my time id take more time getitng htem Not fighting then i would making up for it over my 3-4 hour sittings in a camp.

Mordeb42

I never seek out pet toys, it just isn't worth the time.  When I get a mage in the group or when a mage comes to loot a rot, if not too busy, I will ask for them at that time.

I am fine without having any pet weapons, never done any parsing on them so I don't know what kind of dps difference they make.  Our pets have a lot of proc competition as it is. 

I do think it would be neat to have some armor/belt/mask items for my pet.

Tribute.  I think across communities we all want to see it not count down when not in combat as default behavior.  But if made an AA, I would pay for it.

I still think a good general AA for tribute would either be increased tribute paid or decreased tribute used by 5/10%/15% for 3 ranks.  This isn't game changing and I think a good general AA for all classes.

I am repeating myself a little bit, just trying to clarify after reading others thoughts.  Overall, I think this community is doing very well on idea generation.

Sharrien

I like the ideas about redcuing the cost of using tribute, especially now that we also have trophy tribute that adds even more cost if you want to use it.  Tribute should definitely not count down while out of combat, but I would also pay AA for that if they weren't willing to give it to everyone for free.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Khauruk

Pet weapons don't do enough dps to show up above the RNG on a 30 minute parse.  Last numbers I heard were 30dps from very long fights, and I'm sure that has changed very little since.

Deagro weapon is situationally useful for mages, when content is hard enough that they want their RS pet to gank agro faster.  For us, I don't see any real use to ask for this.

Tribute - remember, every piece of rotting gear in new zones goes for 3-6k tribute.  While prices haven't gone down on the effects, the ability to gain tribute has skyrocketed.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

kharthai

Not big on pet weapons here either, they do very little aside from look shiny when you use your marketplace aviak illusion.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Khauruk on January 19, 2011, 03:58:35 PM
Pet weapons don't do enough dps to show up above the RNG on a 30 minute parse.  Last numbers I heard were 30dps from very long fights, and I'm sure that has changed very little since.

Deagro weapon is situationally useful for mages, when content is hard enough that they want their RS pet to gank agro faster.  For us, I don't see any real use to ask for this.

Tribute - remember, every piece of rotting gear in new zones goes for 3-6k tribute.  While prices haven't gone down on the effects, the ability to gain tribute has skyrocketed.

This may be true but I know at one time our DPS was calculated w/our pets using them (OoW/DoN I think is when I remember reading this). Mabye as a community we can get pet weapons boosted, in the range of 100 DPS, so that the RNG isn't such a HUGE factor. After all... Mage, BST, and Necro use them. But then again, I think the only class that uses them religously is Mage because they can summon them.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

bradam

I never could figure out how a wolf uses his bite as a primary weapon.. but putting a mage summoned muzzle on him makes him bite faster   :roll:

Orbus1

I agree on the weapon hunt, I never look for them or waste my time hunting up a mage. Thats why I suggest Rk III he is summoned with them, and I agree to the comment that if he is given weapons/armor of higher quality they overwrite what he has similar to now.

Blarp

well maybe we need AA Pet Armor Summon  No weapons just other slots for HP/haste ac so on.  and make it no drop!! i dont want to be pet armor whores.

Hzath

You have to remember when asking for summoned pet weapons/armor that if we have the ability to summon it ourselves then our pets are going to be balanced around always having it, so in the end all you're really asking for is a hassle.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Karve

Quote from: Hzath on January 20, 2011, 02:18:59 PM
You have to remember when asking for summoned pet weapons/armor that if we have the ability to summon it ourselves then our pets are going to be balanced around always having it, so in the end all you're really asking for is a hassle.

Totally agree, and stepping this hard on mage toes won't go down well at all. Currently I think we got a hell of a long way on gettnig pets re-balanced for HoT, I think we need to say we're happy somewhere along the line.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Khauruk

so in the end all you're really asking for is a hassle.

This.

Am I the only one who expects to get laughed at by devs when we ask for this?

And our pets tank pretty damn well atm without armor...very similar to mage air pet if I recall from beta parses.  This makes me guess that we actually have superior pet mitigation to theirs once our pet does have the armor (minus the extra stuns from air pet, which are truly powerful).

As long as pets keep being tuned similar to the current situation, in relation to content, I'm plenty happy.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Blarp

I dont want pet armor! not what i ment by that popst, kidding me i hate buffing bunnytard( warder) let alone getting it armor!!! the only thing i would liek to see is this.

Warder Cast gets pet haste/Proc ( both spells) casted on it when it pops make pet cost liek 7k mana Im ok witht hat as we wouldent have to mem 3 spells just 1 lol!

thats a wish list tho, for Purely lazyness.

Id like to See is that HoT did not bunny us, as in we get NOthing/ no upgrades in the next xpack, i want to see us get upgraded PP and Chem strike them 2 id be happy with, also  PP works( XX%) from getting casted  on.

1st of all i want PP fixed to the 70% success rate Dev's claim it's at i have sat there for 200 try's in a row and it's 50% not 70!!!  we need to get the little thigns worked out 1st really.

Edited for profanity.  Keep that in the rant forum please.

Khauruk

If you have a parse of that test, I'd love to take a look and forward it to developers so they can track down bugs.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

AbyssalMage

Our pets are already balanced around this. That is what my earlier post was saying (reguarding weapons) but it also holds true to armour. Again this may have changed as I don't think many of the developers that were around during OoW/DoN are still around (or in the same position). The only way to see where our pets are is parsing, and other than Beta, I don't think there are very many active posters here who parse after release/patches. If our warder falls in the RNG w/out armour (compared to w/armour) then the argument is moot about having them summoned w/gear.

With all the mod 2's slowly creaping their way onto pet gear, I would venture to say that pets are still being balanced around pet gear though (weapons, armour, and jewlery).

-Not really sure how beneficial reducing the cost of tribute would be. It's so easy to build up. Now an AA (or fix) so that it doesn't run in non-combat zones (GL, GH, PoK, PoT, or any other zone I am forgetting) would be very nice and appreciated.

-Sounds like Playing Opossum needs to be parsed on attempt/success. I'm sure someone(multiple people?) can head to a T4 zone, target a "nice" red con mob, find a safe place(away from the mob), and spam opposum a couple hundred times (what would be a good sample size?) to see what the % really is to report back to dev's.

-***New*** defensive AA/spell that has a chance to proc a pet every time we are hit. I really like this spell line that other classes (Cleric, Pally, Mage) have. I would love to have one also. Short duration (2 minutes unfocused), 30 charges, and 200(or 400) mod to trigger would be awsome.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus