Main Menu

Ideas for 2011 expansion/State of the Class

Started by Khauruk, December 17, 2010, 06:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kharthai

Possum is 80% success not 70%, and more inclined to believe it's the RNG unless you have some logs of it.  Have failed 4x in a row before etc, but stuff like that'll happen, you tend to never notice when you succeed 4 times in a row :p

(Not that I'm not for a % increase, 'cause I am!)

Blarp

i have it somewhere in my 40 gig's of parse's yes lol i'll set up  a keybord to FD while im in class's one day to see if we can get like a  1,00 FD rate.

Ranar

I wouldnt worry about asking for a way to get pet gear.. our pets are balanced around our buffs , and mage pets balanced around there summon geared... i really doubt they would allow us to be able to acquire both and mages just one... also like said eariler if we are able to get gear our pets would be balanced around it ..

also if doing a parse to check on possum success rate make sure it is a ton of tries before a dev would look at it .... if its anything like melee parses devs dont really focus on parses less then 12 hours long .... so ya looking at about 1500 FD clicks to get  12 hours worth .... thats the only way to get thru the RNG is supper long parses.

I'm hoping some of the aa's that didnt get upgraded in HoT get some upgrades next time .. (forget name) but focus of allium (maybe) .. the aa that imporves our dots to land , BA , GBA, chem strike , bite of asp , and such ... also keep improving warders sacrifice (really like that aa) ,,

would like to see some extended aa's added to bestial vivsection, nature's fury , and protection spirits..

some spellguard added to possum .. a chance to to stay FD be nice .. a skunk casting rabies in noobie yards can break our FD ...

this is for all classes .. would like to see hot button macro's go from 5 lines to 7 or so .. now this might not be possible with the old code , but maybe not too hard. would help to link some more stuff ...

BV moved to the short buff window... we can already link it with BA so surly they not against linking it with EF .. where the buff should be imo..

we almost got it going in beta but ran out of time.. pact of wurine needs to be split into 2 buffs .. mod's on one and illusion/runspeed on 2nd buff...

focused paragon needs looked at .. i think the values are way short of where it should be , also would like the cast time go back to 1 sec like the first rank was .. we have seen very small increases to it over the years..

SV needs some sort of change to it ... making it a caster option would be nice for the raid peep.. ..brells for tanks. stalker for melee, and sv for casters.. even if all it has is a +mana +hps ... i'd be happy .. +crit mod be super sweet , but might not happen

Ranar

well i messed that one up . lol...... confused an old focus spell and no idea where that  other word came out of.... 

was meaning force of animus... )

Zunar

Quote from: Zunar on January 16, 2011, 12:04:56 PM
It could be nice if our poison and disease dot spells would be combined into one spell, that triggers both, like Kron's triggers several nukes.
Also I'd like to see those dot spells half their current duration and double the damage.
Quote from: Blarp on January 16, 2011, 01:49:53 PM
that will never happen  but it be nice thats for sure but it cut our dps, they are insta cast and with tonic's/ ench aura( or mana flair) u dont get the proc for both.
Our disease DoT spell doesn't trigger chanter mana aura damage/potion proc anyways as it is (it has no nuke like poison dot, only damage/tick), so this would be nice to save one spell gem for something else, like fero :)
That said though, they need to change it so our DoT spell would land better (either in the spell directly or more ranks of focus of animus AA), because tieing up disease into poison, and then have it resisted alot would suck, and end up draining mana for low dps return.

Blarp

One thing id love is being abul to Stack Glyph's to say have 10 of each it's not game braking. i keep 30 aa's banked any ways.

Zunar

One thing that came to my mind...
It'd be nice to be able to see what items the warder is currently wearing.
Maybe if the pet window could be added an inventory screen link button or something, that would bring up a window that displayed their currently worn items in another window, because I think the pet window would be too small for that info.

Khauruk

Quote from: Zunar on January 21, 2011, 06:06:34 PM
Maybe if the pet window could be added an inventory screen link button or something, that would bring up a window that displayed their currently worn items in another window, because I think the pet window would be too small for that info.

It's been asked for by mages and some beastlords for years.  Not likely to happen.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zunar

Quote from: Khauruk on January 21, 2011, 06:09:02 PM

It's been asked for by mages and some beastlords for years.  Not likely to happen.

Shame.

Mazame

Quote from: Khauruk on January 21, 2011, 12:38:48 AM
Quote from: Ranar on January 20, 2011, 11:57:15 PM
focus of allium (maybe)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allium

I sorry to say I disagree with you aout the best being balanced to buff vs gear.. Every time  they Balanced they do it full buff / full gear on both. Thier idea is that Mages will go too others to get buff and that we will go to mages to get gear.  the problem is  mages get buffs for thier pets  just by letting the MGB land. but we as bst have to beg for gear and then often it only weapons and a mask. or we have to make a bot mage to summon a full set of gear and pass it over.  I don't know about you but that gear make a world of differance when I get in on how my pet live or dies. and you can see mages often using pets to tank and so i know they geared up  I don't often see a warder doing the tanking like a mage pet.

point being I would live to see a way for us to make pet gear even if it = to one level lower then the current mage gear because then I don't have to beg to full set  each time my pet dies.

Other then that  I happy with UF / HoT aa / spell and would like to see just upgrades to them vs  seeing new stuff come in I have a lot of button to push as is don't need more.

Edit:  fixed code.

bradam

The devs have never mentioned whether or not they mage gear to balance our pets. I tend to think that they do myself tho.

I've brought up beasts needing to be able to summon thier own pet gear the last 3 beta's I've been in with no luck so far, no dev responses either way oddly.

nedoirah

Quote from: Khauruk on January 21, 2011, 06:09:02 PM

I doubt it would happen either but why not add in a command that maybe links current gear?

/pet armor
or
/pet weapon

Each command would display links to the gear worn.

Karve

just extend /pet report to at least list it without links even, atm I'm sitting here thinking does my pet have armour equipped? I have no clue (alcohol related) ...

Professional Mad Bastard.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Karve on January 23, 2011, 03:09:16 PM
just extend /pet report to at least list it without links even, atm I'm sitting here thinking does my pet have armour equipped? I have no clue (alcohol related) ...

I can say mine isn't alchol related. It relates to that fact that my pet usually lives multiple sessions so after session 3-4 I forget if he has gear or not. Then again, there are times I die multiple times and I know for sure he has nothing,
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus