Main Menu

Ideas for 2011 expansion/State of the Class

Started by Khauruk, December 17, 2010, 06:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharrien

I think it's a good idea to extend /pet report to include a list of the equipment on board.  Seems like it would be a lot less work to do that than to create a new window to show equipped items.

About summoning equipment...hmmmm.  There is no doubt that summoned armor greatly increases warders' durability.  I can't say for sure if our warders were balanced either with or without summoned armor, except I believe that most of the "balancing" that involves actual playtesting (instead of numerical increases on spreadsheets) is done by beta testers and if they didn't report if their warders had armor then it could skew results.  I'm probably biased since I have a mage box on a second account that I play regularly, but I don't think it makes sense for beastlords to summon equipment, at least from a role-playing perspective.  It would make more sense to have an ability to craft leather armor using some pelts as reagents than to summon plate armor.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Khauruk

Balancing is done solely by developers.  Beta testers parse to see if the pets are acting as expected, and offer some feedback on them, hoping to stimulate a conversation and have our needs met.  This last beta, pets weren't put into a semi-final state until very late in the game.  Given the constraints of test dummies (low attack, avoidance, etc), these parses may hurt us as they offer a rosier-than-real view of pet abilities.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

bradam

Dev's had mentioned possibly doing a /pet report to show gear but I suppose that kinda faded away  =/

One aa idea I was pondering was pet finsihing blow.  Maybe tie that into taste of blood somehow?

Mordeb42

Quote from: bradam on January 26, 2011, 04:28:14 PM
One aa idea I was pondering was pet finsihing blow.  Maybe tie that into taste of blood somehow?
I think this is reasonable.

Sabbu

Quote from: Mordeb42 on January 26, 2011, 06:24:45 PM
Quote from: bradam on January 26, 2011, 04:28:14 PM
One aa idea I was pondering was pet finishing blow.  Maybe tie that into taste of blood somehow?
I think this is reasonable.

I agree, doing this would make taste of blood somewhat useful.  I don;t think it would be overpowered due to the fact that so many other classes have FB and will be fighting for the killing shot.

Blarp

True that Sabbu,  i still think Taste of blood should work for us and wadar tho kinda liek the zerk aa. less powerfull of coruse but targets us and warder if we get the  kill shot and make it innate. not casted.

Khauruk

I'd much rather something along the line of Ranger's Hunter's Fury line of killshot AAs (Slot 1    Increase Melee Damage Modifier for All Skills by 42%, Slot 2    Increase Endurance when cast by 390, 8 ticks, about 45% fire rate, extendable w/ SCRM), or their Invigorated By the Hunt buff (10:   Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 198% with All Skills 11:   Increase Accuracy by 198%)....I doubt we could get something so strong, but something useful would be good...
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Krinsh

I still think we need a group buff of Fero and make it last as long as SE does
Krinsh
Inverse Logic
lvl 100 Vah Shar Beastlord
Luclin Server

Khauruk

I agree with group fero, but I think in order to get it, we need a version that is either our-group only, or so limited via duration, mana cost, recast, whatever, that it can't be kept up on more than 2 groups.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Blarp

AA Group Fero
Length 30 min Base
Gives us Current Single target fero
Reuse 10 min
AA cost 15 ( WORTH IT)
MGBabul: YES!!

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Blarp

I know right ill do what i can at fan fair, and  we need to try and have a mastyer copy so to speek of the MOST wanted thigns for the new xpack for us  soon fan fair is most likey to late, but i can do what i can there with that same list as well.

kharthai

Don't really see much hope in a ferocity boost.  From 85 to 90 it went down in mana cost, added third attack mod, doubled in duration, quartered in recast time.. I mean, it's had a lot of work, and fairly recently.

Ranar

i doubt we ever see grp fero .... rangers been asking for along time for grp feathers/quills, and that buff is mainly just ac boost..... in reguards to fero we might be able to get/ask for duration entensions or reduce the recast timer ... think that be reasonable and possibly even granted ... just my 2 coppers worth...

bradam

make it an aura, then it'd be group only  =)