Main Menu

Ideas for 2011 expansion/State of the Class

Started by Khauruk, December 17, 2010, 06:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

I think now that it is usable, we have a shot at an aura or non-tgb'able group version anyways.

I also think/hope that many buffs will be consolidated this 'time round.  Devs weren't against the idea last beta, they didn't have enough time to explore conflicts that could result from it.  One of the devs, Aristo, I think, requested a list of ones that could be consolidated (esp. self buffs).  In June/July when we see alpha spells starting to hit spells.txt, I think this trend will be apparent.  My ranger w/ normal group/self buffs w/ minimal clickies and no familiar is sits at about 25 buffs....add on swarm of bees DS and spire, and that's 27/30 from just me.  Getting ridiculous, and the devs know it.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Katlipso

i think we are all daydreaming if you think they will  do anything benifical with playing possum ..  most hate it anyways  that we have it .. i for one  would rather them change out beastial align to two buffs .. one the illusion an one the effects of it ..  same with the GBA . i know shamans hate how theirs works as well .. as wish it was in two parts .. . for me i would love to see Para actually helping out with end .. yeah yeah i know respite  frankly i think thats a worthless aa but thats just me ..  more ranks of that would rock . i would love to see a group fero that way you can mgb it once  an then be done with it . but i doubt that will happen .. they gave us a nice one that with max ext last 23 mins . an refresh is maybe 30 secs ? could be a min but 'm thinking less ..  i would like them to do something with the Vah shir warders an the wolf warders .. i dunno about you guys but i get sick  of people casting shrink on me an my warder an the damn thing grows =/ dosen't shrink i dont know about the other races .. i know they need to fix the troll warder to be a gator an not a basilisk  i mean thats kinda silly .. new graphics on the vah shir one would be nice  old modle is kinda way out dated .. i know i bought this up at the ff in 2008 . when i went. as well as maybe another race to add to our ranks like a gnome  >.< .. anyways  i think i've done enuff babling  for one day

Blarp

id rather have a 8-10 min Reuse 100% agro remove then our Current fd SOE all ready said NO other class's will be Given auras a few times. Group fero is our best bet or lieks ome one said make it fast recast at least.

Mordeb42

My recommendation for group fero, would be for it to be a group version of our fero line from the previous expansion.

So next expansion we could get a new single target fero at say lv 95, and group fero ~lv 92 that is the group version of our level 90 fero. 

If no level increase, then drop the single target going forward and just offer the group version to replace the single target.  Using the HOT fero version as a group spell.

My preference is for a group spell line, but I have no issue with AA or aura versions as others have suggested.

Blarp

kharthai

Quote from: Katlipso on January 28, 2011, 08:15:47 PM
i would like them to do something with the Vah shir warders an the wolf warders .. i dunno about you guys but i get sick  of people casting shrink on me an my warder an the damn thing grows =/ dosen't shrink i dont know about the other races
Is all pets.

/blockspell add pet 3393 2203 21849 13838 16879 345

Will block tiny terror, donlo's dementia, all three group shrinks, and the shrink spell.  If that doesn't work, try adding ant legs and diminution.  Tiny companion and the AA (diminutive companion or whatever) version will still work.

Bumkus

Quote from: kharthai on January 31, 2011, 01:00:19 AM
Quote from: Katlipso on January 28, 2011, 08:15:47 PM
i would like them to do something with the Vah shir warders an the wolf warders .. i dunno about you guys but i get sick  of people casting shrink on me an my warder an the damn thing grows =/ dosen't shrink i dont know about the other races
Is all pets.

Will block tiny terror, donlo's dementia, all three group shrinks, and the shrink spell.  If that doesn't work, try adding ant legs and diminution.  Tiny companion and the AA (diminutive companion or whatever) version will still work.

dude that is the best thing ever.  never thought to block shrinks on pet.  thanks!

Khauruk

Thanks for the spell numbers.  I had a couple of the Group Shrinks, but hadn't spent the time to track down the new shaman AA one.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

nedoirah

Aye thanks. Now I can avoid the annoying growing issue too. Do you have to add them separately or as you have it listed?

Mazame

I just copied

and pasted and it added then all even with the ones I already had blocked

Tadenea

Over next day or two I will be trying to consolidate all information here for the dev's
so please keep those idea's coming

Currently Spell Idea's only I will be getting information for
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Khauruk

I'll do that for you, Tad.

Any last minute suggestions people, pls post here.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Tadenea

Thanks Khauruk
They gave us no deadlines just sometime in next few weeks
you can post consolidated info here is fine or in first post and I will just take what you have there and copy it over to where all info is stored for Dev viewing pleasure
Also don't forget you have some info on replies on eqforums beastlord forums
(Currently Spell Data only)
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Khauruk

Aye.  I'll post it here and PM you when I do.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Blarp

Edit:

This is not a thread for bugfixes that are being fixed on Tuesday anyways.