Main Menu

Ideas for 2011 expansion/State of the Class

Started by Khauruk, December 17, 2010, 06:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadric

Hey everyone this is my first post in the forums. Not sure if this is the right time or place to bring this up but I'd really like to get my original gator model back for my troll beastlord. If the original is still having issues could we atleast get something gatorish, maybe a PoN gator model or this guy, http://eq2images.station.sony.com/000/001/118/840.jpg ? Be nice if he got a fix in the next expansion  :-D .

Zunar

Blarp

no more new features make everything we have WORk 100% right!!!

Edited: profanity....please don't.

Vatrulle

Blarp

God people need to stop asking for flurry! it is worthless for us with our Lower dubble atk and tripple atk.

Dubble attack 100
Tripple atkack  120

for flurry to even be useful we need to DUBBLE both them numbers and we know thats not going to happen atm, so  more like REAL dubble atk will do us TONS more good then any flurry aa's.

Khauruk

We don't have much room to grow on double attack anymore - we're around 85% or so now.  Camikazi posted numbers a few months ago.  Our triple attack, yes, is pretty lame.  Having some innate flurry works nicely with bard flurry mods though.  Very nicely.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

bradam

Quote from: Zunar on April 12, 2011, 09:06:48 PM
Quote from: Khauruk on April 10, 2011, 09:20:17 PM
*Deadlock Jaws - Discontinue or drastically alter.  It never gets used, and a small increase on the DoT portion each year doesn't make it any more interesting.  If this had no DoT and was a 20 minute spell (no counters) we'd love it.  With maximum 2 hits, 1100 mana cost and no controllability, it sees no use.  Changing this to work like a pet-procced Listlessness would be reasonable also - pet proc for a 25% slow, and we still have to cast to get a full slow on the mob.
This could proc the AE slow mentioned about already, to make this spell situationally useful imo

Only IF.. and IF they got rid of the dot.  Breaking mezzes makes any such spell completely useless imo.   

Also if warder proc'd it they would probably stick charges on it rendering it more or less useful anyways.

Even then I'd still rather have a AE slow spell that I cast myself as its far too unreliable leaving it up to the warder.     

nedoirah

I agree with you Bradam. An AE slow on the warder is worse than useless it can be very detrimental to our fragile pet. They might trgger agro they can't handle or worse. Why I memmed the spell is beyond me. I never found it useful in any form. If anyone here can give me one GOOD reason why to use it I might consider using it.

Flurry. It might be nice to have but our triple attack needs to improve for it to be useful.

Can someone explain to me the problem with Kron's?

Vatrulle

Blarp, you must not get bards.  The improvement to our dps when having that one mod alone is huge.  We have plenty of far more useless AAs and spells.

Blarp

i do get bards and with bards we go off like mad i know, BUT im thinking  w/o support, we should not have to depend on other class's for an innate skill to work properly. still think we should go for dubble and tripple acttack over flurry take it slow. get 1 skill worth while b4 we have 2-3 a/s ass skillz.

Zunar

Quote from: bradam on April 14, 2011, 07:11:12 PM
Quote from: Zunar on April 12, 2011, 09:06:48 PM
Quote from: Khauruk on April 10, 2011, 09:20:17 PM
*Deadlock Jaws - Discontinue or drastically alter.  It never gets used, and a small increase on the DoT portion each year doesn't make it any more interesting.  If this had no DoT and was a 20 minute spell (no counters) we'd love it.  With maximum 2 hits, 1100 mana cost and no controllability, it sees no use.  Changing this to work like a pet-procced Listlessness would be reasonable also - pet proc for a 25% slow, and we still have to cast to get a full slow on the mob.
This could proc the AE slow mentioned about already, to make this spell situationally useful imo

Only IF.. and IF they got rid of the dot.  Breaking mezzes makes any such spell completely useless imo.   

Also if warder proc'd it they would probably stick charges on it rendering it more or less useful anyways.

Even then I'd still rather have a AE slow spell that I cast myself as its far too unreliable leaving it up to the warder.     

Heck just make it work just as it does now, but cast a mez instead of a slow then? :)

Khauruk

I'd rather not add mez to another class that doesn't need it.  Chanters have reason to complain w/ how much these things have been farmed around, and it really doesn't fit in for us.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

bradam

I dunno if a pet mez really falls in our class, but then again monks can mez heh

I'd rather see a warder complaint lurch type spell.  Dunno if thats even possible though. Me personally I'd like more swarm pet type utilites.    Like an attack of the bear spells, makes a bunch of bears pop that use a compliant lurch type effect on raid mobs so they dont get pushed all over the place. 

Sabbu

I would rather have a pet root then a pet mez, its more in line with sham that has VP and it would add sime cc to us again but not be OP

Camikazi

Quote from: Sabbu on April 16, 2011, 11:24:41 PM
I would rather have a pet root then a pet mez, its more in line with sham that has VP and it would add sime cc to us again but not be OP

Pet root would work about as well as Mage pet root, it would break almost as soon as it procs since pet is attacking and procs very often.