Main Menu

This pisses me off for some reason.

Started by totania, May 26, 2004, 12:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

totania

It isn't TIME.  It's Time.  Do you run around saying FIRE, EARTH B, KAEL, or FREEPORT?  No, so why the hell do people capitalize every letter in Time?  It's not an acronym for anything, so stop typing it like some spastic 12 year old.

Member of Night Eternal

Skrunch

Think it's an ego trip for some people that get no respect anywhere else.  Just a big LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME.  You know the type....

Bryc

Hehe. This rant made my morning, but I'm going to have to give it a "G" rating.

1) Spelling: There are no spelling flaws. This robs it of a certain demented flavor. Especially the words "capitalize" and "acronym" were ripe for some Internetting. Try "capitilize" and "acranym".

2) Controversy: I'm not sure you've identified your audience, as in a group of people you want to troll viciously. Ideally, someone should spend 30 minutes obsessing about a stinging retort.

How about "why the hell does <TYPE_OF_PLAYER> capitalize every letter in Time, they all <BRUTAL_GENERALIZATION>?".

For TYPE_OF_PLAYER, some solid choices are "Beastlords", "Monks", "Shaman", "Casuals", or "Raiders". Some useful generalizations would be "have no life", "have no skill", "want every thing on a silver platter", etc. "Smell" works, if nothing else presents itself.

3) Venom: You simply don't sound crazy enough, in fact you sound like...sorry...a nice person. "spastic 12 year old" was ok, but to anyone who's raised a teen it's kind of like reading "orange oranges". How about something classic from the mental capacity family, like "IDIOT", "FRIKKEN MORON", or just "RETARD"? caps are mandatory, obviously.

3) Smilies: You simply must have a :twisted:  to give it closure. A string of them  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  would be even better.

Lots of potential here, but I'm not seeing this getting locked anytime soon.

:wink:
Bryc ~ 65 Feral Lord of Fennin Ro
Barid ~ 59 Templar
Bric ~ 60 Heirophant (ret.)

ShaitynAB

tO FURHTHER BRYXC'S POST JOO CANT' REALLY HAVE A GOOD RANT IWTHOUGHT SOMEONE B3ING PWNED.

Note: For those of you that have missed out on Reading Between the Lines 101, I do know where the caps lock key is.  I do know how to type.  I do know how to spell every word in the above sentence.  I do know how to punctuate.
Shaityn Stormweaver
65 Ogre Feral Lord
The Insane-Antonius Bayle
My Magelo
The Beastlords Den-Home of Everquest Beastlords

Skanda

Et^Cetera

Quote from: ShaitynABI do know where the caps lock key is.  I do know how to type.  I do know how to spell every word in the above sentence.  I do know how to punctuate.

Meez dunt.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

JillieMT

Hmm, I don't know. The capitalization does add a sort of urgency...

/ooc 62 bst lfg, preferably TORDEN, THE BASTION OF THUNDER

You can almost hear the thunder...

:)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

totania

Quote from: BrycHehe. This rant made my morning, but I'm going to have to give it a "G" rating.

It was more a venting than a true flame, but if you insist.  =)

What the blah is with all the used blah blahs out there saying TIME?!??!!/! one!1  Do U run around saying FIRE, EARTH b, KAEL, or FREEPORT????  NO!!!  Stop capsing TIME and spell it like its MENT 2B SPELLED!

ALL OF YOU NEED TO GO DIE BECAUSE U R NEWBS!!  AND BLAH BLAHS!!!1

Edit: Slightly modified some verbage, but kept it colorful.  Please remember, all board rules still apply - Rhaynne

Member of Night Eternal

Bryc

/em wipes a tear

OMG, such improvement...

Lots of exclamations...check

"U" instead of "you"...sweet

"MENT"...ohhh, very nice

"ALL OF YOU NEED TO GO DIE BECAUSE U R NEWBS"...words fail me, just lovely

and best of all...IT GOT MODDED!!

/kneel totania

:lol:
Bryc ~ 65 Feral Lord of Fennin Ro
Barid ~ 59 Templar
Bric ~ 60 Heirophant (ret.)

Lithale

Quote from: ShaitynABtO FURHTHER BRYXC'S POST JOO CANT' REALLY HAVE A GOOD RANT IWTHOUGHT SOMEONE B3ING PWNED.

Guess you never read any of Jowaa's RANTS.  :wink:

Skanda

Every flame needs a good hijack or 3.....

Who hates baseball?

MajinFro

Baseball is extremely boring.

Now pro wrestling is the way to go.

Atropine_BB

I think baseball is great if you have the TIME to watch it.

Although, someTIMEs I do prefer to watch pro wrestling just for the sheer stupid human trick factor.

But, most of the TIME I like to watch baseball more.  I guess it really comes down to how much TIME I have on my hands.

Thanks for taking the TIME to read this.

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

totania

Quote from: Atropine_BBI think baseball is great if you have the TIME to watch it.

Although, someTIMEs I do prefer to watch pro wrestling just for the sheer stupid human trick factor.

But, most of the TIME I like to watch baseball more.  I guess it really comes down to how much TIME I have on my hands.

Thanks for taking the TIME to read this.

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

/totania catches on fire

Member of Night Eternal