Main Menu

Combined post of all Epic 1.5 Info (will keep updated)

Started by LyonoThundercat, September 17, 2004, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeshmal

PoTime is definately out. Epic 1.5 is designed to be obtainable by non-Time flagged folks; that's been said many times.

Cheng

Hello all,
    I had an idea tonight concerning Ikpug Giblod in Cazic Thule. I figured since its a pain to get there, and they don't despawn right away, maybe you can do a few turn ins before they pop.

Well, I was willing to risk my letter, and Zordan (The Beastlord in CT with a group) allowed me to join up.

We cleared the way to the top, levitated down to the SE corner. Zordan did his turn in first and his speech. I then handed my envelope and did my speech. Both of us got the signature.

Just a bit of info for anyone not wanting to do it over and over.
Chengkaikit Kelkitarn
67th Beastlord of Hegemony
Rodcet Nife

It could be worse, I could be a shaman.

Liga

By the way, centers of storms, or eyes, do not have any destruction happening.  In real life, they are calm, eerily so.  So the thoughts of Gunthak being the eye because of it being hit the hardest really dont make all that much sense in the real world terms.

Siodan

Quote from: CillianFVWell, judging from Vahlar's post I would say it is not bugged, we simply have not done what is required yet.

Gunthak and the drogma just do not fit the clue much at all even though the drop from him does.  I could be totally wrong as I have been before though (I thought it was the Eternal Spirit in Sky).

i aggre that this is probably not bugged, what i do NOT aggre on is that the Drogmore is wrong. Gunthak might not be the "eye of the storm" but the drogmore fits the mob discription to a "T".

reread the whole task once again :

Quote from: MuadaAt the eye of the storm in the sky, there are rumors of a hungry beast. It was once a surmountable spirit, but it has learned and aged and grown too powerful to tame. Its spirit is imbued with a feral force that must be reclaimed by a beastlord. You must release the savage energy it has absorbed and return it to me. we will return it to the spirit world at once....."
[/size]
now a break down of the clues:

1: "eye of the storm" = go somewhere that is at the eye of a storm, the "eye" of any storm is completly calm and peacefull with the winds and destruction all circeling around it. I doubt even PoStorms is correct as it has only one storm and no eye to it and it itself is a zone of storms also no eyes.

2: " in the sky" = Norrath is in the sky from Luclin.

3: "a hungry" = the mob is hungry or starved or in some way in need.

4: "beast" = the mob is an animal, could bea "monster" accoring to kazam but definately an animal of some sort, wolf, griffon, lion, drogmore, hourse, dragon, ect ect.... it will unlikely be anything undead/inorganic/summoned/ect ct.

5: "once surmountable" = was at one time tame, controleable. It is not now.

6: "learned and aged" = this is older than otehrs of it's kind and smarter as well

7: "too powerful to tame" = a high level, again it could have been tamed once but now cant. (i also think about any of our warders when i hear this)

8: "its spirit is imbed with a feral force" = a feral force has added itself to this beast essence.

9: "Must be reclaimed by a Beastlord" = a bst must get this feral force back. this could mean that a bst must loot the essence from the mob ( well duh this is for the bst epic  :P ), or that the droped item must be given to a beastlord.

10: "you must" = meaning something you as the quest doer must acomplish.

11: "Realease the savage energy" = the savage energy that has atached itself to the beasts' essence must be removed.

12: "return it to me" = once the savage energy has been released you must return it to him ( the energy that was released not the essence that had the energy in it)

13: "we will return it to the spirit world at once" = all that energy gets to go back to the spirit world where it can live happily ever after..till some vile vilan summons it to this harsh relm for some melignant pourpose.

hope that helps you satrt to sort out this mystery. i firmly belive that the Drogmore is correct, reaserch the lore of the zones that might help you doubters. what we need to find is the beastlord that you give the feral essence to, to get back the savage energy. Or lacking that find what we ourselves have to do to realease the energy..tho i think it's morew some other bst want to reclaim the essence..maybe this is his lost drogmore?

whatever the case the "release the savage energy" sounds too much like a step in this process to be ignored (which alot of us have done).

all npcs in Shar Vhal have returned the essence when given to them, as well as the guys in Dranik Scar. Going to try Gunthak, and then Abysmal sea, and then the bazzar, and then pok, and then every other zone i can think of that there might be a realeaser of energy or bst that wants to reclaim some essence.
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa

Taiglin

For S&Gs sake has anyone thought about Feral Lord Gulok in Veksar? Was just there tonight for the first time and my buddy mentioned his name. Would be quite a stretch based on the text but some might fit. Dunno the whole history of Veksar. The warrior epic apparently has a mob in this zone but is a new mob. Didn't see anything funky on track. Did see a red con (Dru is 63) but can't remember the name; am tired. Didn't strike me as being Bst related though.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Rakraaz

These are grasping at straws... but since we are stuck..anyone try giving the essence to..

1. The spirit guy who starts the finger bone cycle
2. one of the droggy gnomes at the lighthouse
3.  The female just out side the droggy pen that say something like, she will punch you in the face if you don't leave her alone..

Pretty far fetched.. but worth a try

Siodan

all npcs from the boat to the castle have been hailed/talkied to and given the essence and not a one accepts it. off to look for a new zone.
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa

Choppin

not that I want to further derail this with storm details, but since there have been a couple of hurricanes lately I also heard some info about em and the storms "eye", yes its might be calm right in there, but it MOVES and right at the edge to the eye are strongest most destructive winds - hard to get into the eye without facing the destructive winds before

I think Mahes pretty much summed the status up atm.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

jitathab

Ok I know not all epics will follow the same pattern however consider the Shaman epic which might answer some of the above riddle.

PArt of the quest is to kill a new mob in Umbral Planes that will drop a shaman thing that then pops a chest to be looted, only when the shaman loots.

This would type of feature would support Siodan idea at point 9 above

9: "Must be reclaimed by a Beastlord" = a bst must get this feral force back. this could mean that a bst must loot the essence from the mob ( well duh this is for the bst epic  ), or that the droped item must be given to a beastlord.

I believe we are looking for a new spawn mob, and one that is 2-3 groupable. Or a mob that is triggerable from component dropped.
The only existing mob I know of that could at a push be made to fit the description is Eashen of the Sky - the dragon in NToV.

Other idea is that this mob is only visable during certain times of the day - or maybe even a certain weather event.  This technique has been used before in the Coldain ring quests - a ghost is only visable at night. [/quote]

CillianFV

Well, while I was desperately grasping at straws I decided to go off on a totally different path.  I went with the idea that the eye of the storm was calm and went to tranquility to look for new npcs.  I found a mob called Vortix which I hoped was a play of Vortex but alas I got nothing out of him and in fact I believe he is for the Monk epic instead.
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Sqinky

There is a non kos lvl 65 spirit wolf model mob called Spirit Sentinel in LoIO in a ruin near the caves to Waslicks. Not sure if it plays any role or not but did not take the Swirling Feral Essence.

Sigrah

I was grasping at straws just now and tried tracking Skyshrine.  Figured it might be a good place to look (lots of aged creatures there and a Shrine in the Sky sort of thing).  Unfortunately, nothing stood out on track the whole way from CS port it to Lord Yelnik's lair.  Just a bunch of Old Racnors that have been around since revamp awhile back.
Sigrah The Beast
Level 70 Beastlord
Bertoxxulous Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=566996

Whraith

Maiden's Eye,/Akheva Ruins.

Akheva was destroyed by the storm which created maidens eye.  Fits with the spirit place.

Expert Artisan Whraith <Decade> and good old Fred the warder.
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Nameless

Zentrel

Quote"Realease the savage energy" = the savage energy that has atached itself to the beasts' essence must be removed.

hmm, ever think we may have to combine it with something to "release" the savage energy?

Felidae

Aren't there various horses/pegasus in the old Plain of Air?