Main Menu

Update on final fight

Started by Tzuka, October 16, 2004, 05:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tukash

I have to agree, sorry but low end elly is not casual, that is a raiding guild.  My guild is luck to have 18 people on at one time and some of those are lower lvl.  I can maybe get 24 high levels together if given a warning and plan for a raid, but that is still going to be 1 or 2 grps shy of the recommended number and gear wise still going to be below what SoE is calling casual.  I'm a full time student and work also, if i get on for more than 2 or 3 hrs at a time then I'm lucky.  Many in my guild are the same way.  That is a casual player, not someone who is in a guild that can call upon 36 players on a whim.. thats whats called a raiding guild, low end maybe, but still a raiding guild.  It's a shame that SoE's idea of casual is still above what an actual casual player is.  The raiding players that have access to the elementals have their weapon to look forward to, the 1.5 was advertised as obtainable for the casual player, how about following through on what was advertised.
Tukash - Feral Lord, Tarew Marr

DontPetBear

Vahlara, i'm not sure you understand what a small guild is.  Tukash and Katillone put it very well i think.  It would take me 4 guilds to get 5-6 groups of ppl for this epic fight.  And these are by no means near/in Elementals.  I would be happy to get 2 solid groups of 65+ players.  The rest would fall in the 55-64 range.

These are players that log on to have fun.  Have 2-3 alts at higher levels.  Taken a lot of time, effort and plat to GM tradeskills.  Sure they would love to advance through PoP and get nicer items.  But honestly that's not the most important thing to them.  The players who needed to advance quickly, left these guilds, and joined the raiding guilds on my server.

If someone actually did the final fight with 1-2 groups, and was pre-elemental, then definately this fight was too easy.  However, 1-2 groups of Time+ players ~= to 3-6 groups of pre-elemental players IMO.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

negrismorte

Quote from: VahlaraEQ-DevThat said, after watching beastlords go through this content, the epic raid event was not difficult enough.

The changes are being looked at and tested.  As soon as I have an update for you, I'll let you know.

Vahlar

You didn't watch pre-ele groups burn thru this; those were the time+ people.  BTW, in many ways 2-3 time gear people will succeed in encounters where 7+ groups of pre-ele people will fail.  It is not just a matter of gear, those time peeps are FAR more likely to have the corresponding AAs.

Yes, the old encounter was easy compared to some other encounters and needed tuning.  However, the people who tore thru this event were in more instances than not already geared with similar or better equipment.

Felidae

And it's classic that not only are they tuning the event up, but tuning the reward down.  Bah.

Khelindros

Aye it is a bit silly how they lowerd the COLD DMG down by one point. Wonder who decided to do that. /shrug. Its still pretty decent and will replace either one of my current time weapons...not sure which one yet. Just trying to muster up the forces now. We have the people, and we are just Corinav away from Time...but i still cant get the dang thing done. Mostly because of the timing of the Erana Ferrel, and secondly need to get a raid force just for me...oh well
Khelindros Dragonfury <Rising Darkness>
70 Wildblood
FV Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=912453

Maraketha

I sure hope this gets re-tuned soon.  My epic, as well as the epic of many Beastlords on my server, is now on hold because of the nature of this event.

Yes I realise the entire epic was quite easy compared to other classes.  The way to fix it is not to completely destroy all hope of getting the epic for guilds who are not able to muster the forces needed to finish the final fight.  I did the entire epic with help from my husband's level 55 Cleric, and the hardest part was the 52 hour camp in ME.  

We are in the top 4 guilds on our server  guild with Time/Ikkinz gear.  With a force of approximately 4-5 groups we were slaughtered by the Dark Animist and his Warders.  The event ended up de-spawning during our third attempt (we wiped 3 times) though we feel we did get a good strat down.  Guilds on my server who are far more advanced than us, are also failing on this event with the same amount of people.  Since finding out the Warders are able to be split there is a possiblility we may attempt this again.  I am lucky to have the well equiped raid force needed to even think of trying this event.

This defeinately should be within reach of lesser geared and more casual players.  They work just as hard as high end players to get their epic.  Everyone should be given a fair chance.

Quinnotetiquan

Do the Dark Animist's 5 warders still have the same amount of HP they had before?

Flies

This event is overkill. There is no reason a guild that is elemental / time geared to wipe to this event. We had 5 groups. More then enough to do this. The pets are not splitable, unless there is something that we haven't thought about to break this spawn. This is not even reasonable. There is no reason stuff like this should even went live. How long could it take a Dev to test this out to understand this event is way over-tuned. Yes it should have been upgraded but not to this point. Can we get an ETA on what is planned for this or is the Dev team waiting for more post?

Flies

Zyvox.

We succeeded on this last night The Warders are splittable.  It took some creativity, and here are a few things to note.  The assist range is HUGE.  One person can not split them alone.  When the warders and DDA lose agro, they dont ever track back or warp to their spawn, they will stay where they are when they no longer have aggro.  We used a bard and a druid, and several attempts to do it just right, but the bard aggrooed them all and ran them out of the tunnels, the druid was able to aggro the dda out of the pack and pull it back to the group as the druid brought the DDA back solo to the raid.  The druid can evac after the raid has the dda to drop his aggro and get him off the warders hate list.  Then the bard can fade and the warders will not come back and help the dda.  An attempt at splitting 3 warders off and having them a long way from the other 3 mobs, but still in the tunnel resulted in the other 3 still adding, lending to a myth they are still linked,  if you get them far enough apart, they do split

garios

what about the mobs in the area? the regular mobs that path around there? do they despawn? or are they still up and can respawn? cause wont that mess it up alot?
PredatorCaterclaw Spirittalker - 67 Beastlord - Firiona Vie
Ancient Caterbite Spirittalker - 67 Shaman -Firiona Vie

Eatbugs

Hm - a Bard tag team using highsun/fade might work, if you clear the halls so the raid is around a couple of corners first.  I may try to talk our Bards into it next time we try this fight, they're always complaining about not being asked to pull much.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Zyvox.

Heh.  I used one of your bards to do this Grim :p  Highsun is resisted.  you can use bards an monk to tandem split like the old zek fight to get him away from the add, just takes a lot of patience.

As for the mobs in the area, kill em, kite em, do what you like with em.

Felidae

I'm totally disheartened by this.  I'ts a big deal for me to get this many folks together just to help me out.  I'd ploughed through the content to get to this battle and then when my spot in the epic battle queue of my guild came up the event gets tuned way up to the point that I don't dare even ask for help unless we get 7 or 8 groups which we never do for the epic nights.

So I carry around the cloak helping others get their epics.... gah.

Rhutubok

Zyvox, you are saying the druid was able to agro the DDA from the pack as it ran by without the warders agroing the druid? And were all mobs out of the tunnels before the druid picked off the DDA? I ask because several posters have reported that any agro on any of the mobs resulted in all the mobs ganging the player with agro.

For that matter, if one chooses to off-tank warders, can they be singled for offtanking? There seems to be people saying they can while others saying they cannot. Im so confused...

Rhutubok
Oger on Brell
Rhutubok Dreadpaw
65 Beasty of Brell

Aeshmal

I think the point is, folks, that Epic 1.5 is not a gift. It's a better-than-Time level weapon for Beastlords, and that associates it with a certain level of difficulty. If you can't get 6 groups of pre-Elemental people together, then you're not really entitled to have the weapon; there has to be a minimum level of difficulty for this kind of thing. You are not entitled to your epic weapon just because you paid your 30 bucks for Omens like everyone else.

I've done the encounter a couple of times post-patch, and it's entirely doable by the forces suggested. 36 pre-Elemental people can do this; really, they can. Even if you don't split the mobs apart (tough, but possible), you can burn the warders down one by one very quickly--and once they're dead, killing the DDA isn't particularly difficult.

With regards to singling out one mob or another from the group; it can be done, but it's tricky. The idea is that the assist range on these particular mobs is enormous. Like, really big. If you can pull them far enough apart (which means you need to clear a whole bunch of trash in the surrounding hallways), you can get one without the others. But you need to pull them _really_ far apart for this to work. I promise, it's doable.

I note in passing that, if Sony wishes to make this event require 6 groups, then it really ought to drop two chests of low Elemental quality loot, just as any 6-groupable Elemental mob (PoAir avatars, for example) would. That would go a long way towards helping convince people to come along for the ride.