Main Menu

What to Box with? Druid or Ranger?

Started by Fendodar, September 07, 2005, 11:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fendodar

I jsut wanted soem input on what to create to box with ym now 62 almost 63 Beast. My wife plays a 70 cleric for heals but am thinkign Druid for my own tiem when she is busy with raids and the like. Also thinking Ranger because most of the tiem she is in group with me so the extra easy DPS would be nice. Well lookin forward to the input thx all

70 Wildblood of Fennin Ro

bham

Druid and beastlord is a great duo.

Cleric, druid and beastlord are a decent trio.

So I recommend druid.

If you will mostly be playing trio with your wife then maybe something with higher DPS is the way to go. I recommend mage, wizard or necro, but ranger might work.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Kanan

managing 2 melee is a pita.  Having a wizzy/necro bot to pure dps is nice if ur working a trio for the majority of your time.  If ur gonna do solid amount of duo w/o ur wife, dr00d's way to go.  Dunno why, but druid & bst are an incredibly powerful duo, imo prolly best in game.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Shieara

I'd think about mage if you are going to trio a lot.  Still solid dps and you have pet gear and other summoned stuff whenever you need.  CoTH can be useful too.  Of course, bad part is you lose the evacs and other utility druid or wizzie would give you.  Still worth considering imo. 

Fendodar

Thank you all for the input I think I am going to go Druid, I was out trying to solo GE was doing ok till I got 2 adds was able to kill it but because my wife wasn't tehre to heal me i had to heal with Bst and that got ugly hehe. I did win but had 16% life and 0 mana at the end fo the fight hehehe.

Sardarni

Fend,
Don't go past the Portcalis (big gate) till you are grouped or higher level.  Mobs are tougher there, but not much more xp

Fendodar

Cruger

Hello,

I box a 70 Druid and 70 BST for over 2 years and they are the best match in the game.

I have few friend who duo different classes, but I can do more and different encounter then they are able too.

It seems they were made for each other, they complement each other very well.

Stumps_Bertox

I have to agree with the druid/BL, even if you play with your wife alot, that opens up the druid to more of a dps role while she heals.. Factor in the attack debuffs, regen line, ports, and all the utility that a druid can bring you can have fun for years :p. Focus on some healing aa's and spec alteration your druid can heal pretty darn well when you duo
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

Thaeliun

Better late then never I hope.

I box a 70 druid (my original main from way back) and a 70 bst.  They are a great team and in that level range I think the Druid is a great DPS class.  I also box a 62 mage with my beast and I really enjoy that combo but even before I leveled the druid up there was no comparison for the types of encounters I like to play.  The mage just couldn't compete with the druid and now with the level disparity between them it's not even close.  I still play the mage/bst for fun and in groups where the druid is redundant but when guildies want help killing mobs that are red to me at 70 I break out the druid every time.

For comparison sake, it's probably good to bear in mind that my druid is wearing gear that is far below par for a 70.  All of my gear upgrade resources have gone into my BST (who still isn't quite up to par btw).  My mage and druid have upgraded almost exclusively by winning rolls on appropriate drops in XP groups so their gear is very comparable atm.

I also think that eventually the mage will close the gap as he levels up.  Guessing maybe with 66 air pet upgrade and the big nukes that will come with the next 4 levels.  I may even have to spend the cash to switch the mage to my 3rd account because that trio would be a blast.

Fendodar

ATM am Boxing a 70 Bard with My 70 Bst and also when I can trioing my Warrior in and my wife plays her Cleric and chanter, our guild calls us the Purple People Eaters hehe =)