Main Menu

Another Epic Adventure completed

Started by Oneiromancer, September 03, 2004, 05:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneiromancer

Finished our epic last night...decided to start up on it again two days ago, and all the Scouts were up so it went pretty fast.

Last night started with me getting the drops from The Deep and The Grey.  The Deep was short, The Grey was excruciating.  Over 3 hours there, although at least I made around 800 pp due to lots of the 20 pp selling items dropping.  I marked all the traps I could find on my map, and I'll post that in a new topic after I finish this, to help others who are searching for the Perfect Acrylia Ore in the future.

The final fight in Fungus Grove is an amusing story.  I knew that it could be repeated, since the Scout gives you back the Seal, so when my friend logged on a guildmate's cleric to rez his bard right when I finally got the drop from The Grey, I decided to go for it right away.  The Scout was up in FG, so after I did my turn-in in Shar Vahl we ran over there.  Bard and cleric set up at the mushroom huts, I suspended pet and ran over to the Twilight Sea zoneline to spawn Draz.  Bard took a bit of damage, but not really much at all, from Draz and his pet.  I'm not sure if any buffs got cast except for the pet being summoned.  I siced my pet on Draz's, and put my claws on and got to work.  Since the bard has an Ethereal Destroyer and a Blade of Carnage and was chaining DoTs on Draz, I actually had trouble getting aggro even though it took about 7 tried for Slow to land.  Then I just DoTed and nuked, only stopping to help my pet finish off Draz's so we could get the stuns when Draz ran.

And run he did, as always.  Slowly but surely directly towards a mushroom camp.  It was pretty obvious that our dps wasn't enough to kill him before he got there, and the bard suggested that he use Highsun to port Draz back to his bind/spawn point.  This ended up being a BAD idea.  He was at 10% when Highsun went off, when he popped back at bind he healed to 33%...and kept running!  Basically exactly as if he gated...which was the message I got anyway.  And now he was running damn fast!  So a very good lession was learned last night...

Do not use Highsun on running mobs!

So, in our chase of Draz after this debacle, we aggroed two full camps of mushrooms and a few tentacle things.  I died with Draz at 3% health.  The bard had lost sight of us, since he has issues with auto-follow while boxing, and he was having to control both characters individually.  So when I died he just tracked Draz with the bard, killed him, Faded, and ran the cleric to the Echo Caverns zoneline just as I zoned back in.  He had the presence of mind to /loc the corpse, which was a very good thing since it was half in a hillside!  I was also worried because when zoning back I had become dropped from the group, but I was able to loot the head and the rest of the stuff no problem.

So it all turned out well and we both had a lot of fun.  I really should have gotten pet toys, the extra procs would have helped a lot.  Or one of the stun proc weapons, for when he runs...definitely something a soloing beastlord should think about, since snare/root don't work.

Now to wait to see how to start the new Epic!

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

JillieMT

LOL, excellent story of your misadventures! Luckily, congratulations are still in order!  :D
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio