Main Menu

Three person group and general help request

Started by Grumsh, July 09, 2005, 08:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumsh

Hello all,
Wife talked me into coming back to EQ a few weeks ago and dropping the WoW habit, which i was getting ready to drop anyways (gets boring fast thanks to the player base..... imagine argueing in EQ with your group enchanter who refuses to mez and says he is there for dps to get the idea of WoW player mentality  :? ).

Anyways I have a few questions if I might, but first our group set up. She is now a 66 ranger with EQ/AM and i think around 90 aa's and 6000 hps buffed. I am a 67 now beastlord with upper LDON equipment 200 aa's near maxxed defensive 7400 hps with cleric/shammy buffs. Plus i box a 67 shaman with ... well pretty sad equipment only 5500 hps and 4900 mana with 180ish aa's pretty ghetto equipment includeing an uber Vindi BP!! Oh and we play on Luclin/Veeshan.

First question are there any DON missions we can 3 box sucessfully? Even if slow going? She is up to indifferent faction with good camp and I am dubious on both my toons.Yet we have not progressed past the part where we need one group to kill Gimblax. Maybe we should 3 box LDONs to upgrade ourselves first? is it possible to 3 box any LDONS with our group set up? I use a 17-19 weapon main hand 17-21 off hand and she uses the ranger 1.0 epics.

Next, anyone suggest a great place to farm our lvl 66-68 spells? We got all expansions, but basicly quit EQ when OOW just came out and only know WoS zone in you know Karnors castle version 2.0.

Finally we found out the hard way Mistmoore got Revamped!! Wheeeee 600 hitting mobs ! Anyone found any good loot in here worthy of a 3 box setup, and are there any other really good zone revamps since we left?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, we feel like such newbs !!! Doesnt help us being unguilded, and no idea what guilds on luclin are the ones we want to join... trying to avoid the 24/7 raid guilds due to wife has baby due in a month and we only play 2-3 times a week.

Thanks again in advance,
Grumsh Gorebreath Oracle to the Soul
Vargrum Beastlord

bham

All the names in NC (Nobles Causeway) drop 66-68 runes, as well as gear in the 60-70 hp range and some drop stuff for tier 1 omens armour ( ~ 110 hp/mana with focus effects).
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

waywreth

As mentioned NC would be a good camp.  I would recommend the Murkglider's in the ditch (near DS and WoS respectively) for XP and quest drops (although you need a ton of faction to turn them in), and the Packmaster/Bodybender camp for a chance at runes and decent drops.

Per your DoN question, the easiest mission I've encountered is "Grounding the Drakes", which is a straight out collect 15 items that yields mid-20s crystals.  The items you can buy in DoN far surpass the items you can get in LDoN.  I would say you could take a LDON with your group, but the risk v reward ratio in DoN is far better.  And feel free to grab others to join your DoN group - they're popular and win nets ALL of you the crystals.
Elementalist Oniadar Nephilim
<Unbroken Spirits> - The Tribunal

Thaeliun

I play on Luclin as well.  I play my 66 BST the most and sometimes add as my second box a 67 druid or a 59 mage.  I prefer the mage but group dynamics require the druid a lot more often.  I spend a lot of time in WoS with a RL friend of mine that 2 boxes a 69shaman/69 warrior.  We pull a lot of named there with little trouble (except for the ones with AoE mana drain).  You are more then welcome to join us anytime.  I am all set on 66 and 68 spells as is my friend so we would gladly let you loot as needed.  I would like to roll on the 67 ones which for some reason have not dropped for me yet.  Just send me a tell if you are interested(Thaeliun).

I am also game for DoN almost anytime.  Those crystals are too good to pass up.  You can meet myself and some of my guildies and see what you think.  We are very casual, almost never raid and have a lot of peeps with RL jobs that cause them to be away from the game for extended periods of time, so it's probably not for you.  Lol, not exactly a resounding recommendation but I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea and be disappointed later.  On the plus side, the people I have recruited (with the exception of my wife) have all gone on to be 65+ and reliable people to have at your side so my approach is weeding out the undesireables at least. 

Anyway, I'd love to meet you in game and see if we can have some fun together.

bham

QuoteI am all set on 66 and 68 spells as is my friend so we would gladly let you loot as needed.  I would like to roll on the 67 ones which for some reason have not dropped for me yet.

For some reason 67 runes were the hardest for me to get too.

Bertox

Grumsh

Thaeliun appreciate the offer we might take you up on that =)
Thanks to all who replied.

Have been doing some research while bored at work, and from what I can tell all the best DoN stuff requires lvl 70, they lvl 65 DoN stuff is actually sub par to LDON lvl 65 stuff. So we are going to try a few LDONS get some Good weapons for my wifes ranger.. think i figured her able to get a 16 19 and a 17 20 , and me some upgraded armor maybe hit 8k hps for tanking issues and get my shaman over 5500 mana.

A new question has arrisen though, while perusing.. I think the Bard boards i came upon some kind of missions mentioned. One even talked about a lvl 65 + mission in Estate of Unrest? Is this true? post mentioned a 3mana 3 hp regen aug dropping.....

Also are Tasks worth doing? or should we really concentrate on LDON/DoN right now as the best value for our time?

Thanks again all, will be looking for you one night Thaeliun =)

Grumsh Gorebreath Oracle to the Soul
Vargrum Beastlord

bham

I would look at mana regen augs rather than mana pool for the shammy.

I would still skip LdoN and concentrate on DoN or Omens.

With a cleric in group you can probably handle RcoD which drops gear just under 100hp/mana, runes up to 70 (69 and 70 very rare) and some rare-off-trash drops with up to 135 hp/mana. Try the statue camp for starters. Then try Slayer room. I think I started tanking RcoD at 68 with 7k ish hp with just a cleric. If you can get a cleric and box the shammy you should be fine.

Im not really up to speed on DoNs, Ive done the spider one dozens of times, but that might be a bit beyond you atm, other than that I dont know them well enough. But the DoN gear is good, and you can trade crystals to get the things you really want first by pooling you resources from several toons.
Bertox