Main Menu

Beast lord Tacvi Wep?

Started by janabell, September 02, 2004, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shenker

It's in GOD not OOW therefore I don't see how an NDA has been broken unless it was linked during the GOD beta which I highly doubt. Maybe they decided to not add it until OOW comes out then I would see how it's breaking an NDA and how retarded SOE can be. However GOD is not in beta and there are ways of seeing things in the game without SOE's approval. So if someone got to see it outside of beta it sure as hell is not breaking an NDA.
Shenker

Troll Wildblood on Test Server
My main since Dec 2001 through thick and thin.
I LOVE MY BEAST!

WOW- Shenker 60 Human Priest on Lightbringer. (retired)

Jaeren

There had been a post with details that were apparently not known unless you are in beta so the user decided to edit his msg after seeing the other msg and thinking about it.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Bengali

Quote from: shenkerIt's in GOD not OOW therefore I don't see how an NDA has been broken unless it was linked during the GOD beta which I highly doubt. Maybe they decided to not add it until OOW comes out then I would see how it's breaking an NDA and how retarded SOE can be. However GOD is not in beta and there are ways of seeing things in the game without SOE's approval. So if someone got to see it outside of beta it sure as hell is not breaking an NDA.

Yeah, it's what Jaeren said.  The original post contained the stats of a weapon that he obtained during the OOW beta, which the poster then speculated might be our Tacvi weapon.  It's not certain whether it is or not (it could have been an OoW weapon too for all we know), but it definitely was a weapon that he got during OoW beta that hasn't shown up on any public server yet.  That's covered by the NDA pretty clearly.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

shenker

Well I didn't know that since it was edited prior,sorry for the tirade hehe.
Shenker

Troll Wildblood on Test Server
My main since Dec 2001 through thick and thin.
I LOVE MY BEAST!

WOW- Shenker 60 Human Priest on Lightbringer. (retired)

Jaeren

If it's any comfort, i never got to see the exact msg either, just got a couple pm's about it w/o quotes and it had been changed by the time i got home from work.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Tastian

Was pretty funny.  Person posted something to the effect of...

*linked picture*

'I got handed this on beta, so not sure if this is a violation of the NDA or not'  hehe  I liked beng's reply.

Nothing againist the original poster, but just struck me funny *shrugs*.

Choppin

The problem is that the beastlord weapon most likely drops in the broken/not tuned/ unbeatable part of tacvi, more info: >> http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8754 <<,

I guess they hope the problem will fix itself with level 70 and more AAs, I doubt that, but we shall see.
Being required level 70 to beat the whole tacvi zone in order to get outdated foci (that only work up to level 68)and with epic 2 probably obsolete weapons is quite stupid aka "the vision" I guess.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Yiktiki

NDA lifted... so what was that weapon?
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Bengali

I'm actually not sure it can be posted.  The weapon was obtained strictly through the testing process and only via interaction with one of the devs (who  supplied the weapon for a particular test).  The NDA hasn't been lifted as to that (and it won't ever be, according to the NDA language):

"The beta Non-Disclosure agreement has been lifted in relation to content and screenshots, however it does continue to apply to the testing experience and interaction with members of the development team on Omens issues. "

While "screenshots" are indeed fair game, and Chok posted a screenshot of the weapon's stats, I'm fairly certain they mean screenshots of the zones themselves.  Otherwise you could take a screenshot of a conversation you had with Dev_01 and post that, and that clearly isn't their intent.

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

Urim

Don't you just love loopholes tho! :twisted:
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Volsykat

"The beta Non-Disclosure agreement has been lifted in relation to content and screenshots, however it does continue to apply to the testing experience and interaction with members of the development team on Omens issues. "

Personally from reading that, an item is included in SoE's vision of "content" and always has been, along with mobs/zones/etc., and most likely (I feel) what they mean by "testing experience" is the method they go about testing exactly (what they do and how, not incuding weapons but say, strategies to kill a raid mob), and "interaction with members" is so if a dev told you something to enhance a testing experience, say "try this strategy" or answered a question about something, say, hinted along how to get into the keyed zone, these won't be lifted...but items generally fall under SOE's definition of "content" AFAIK
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Bengali

Generally, yes.  It's not as though it's an item that he looted from a mob that he killed in omens, since that would be part of the "content" for that expansion.

This was an item that he was given by a GM in order to conduct a test, and might not be directly related to any omens content at all.  My guess would be that the devs didn't expect screenshots of items that they were handing out to people during beta for testing to circulate the 'Net the way that they expected people to post a screenshot of a castle or a mob or whatever else.

I'm just saying I'm not sure is all.  If he wants to post it, then fine -- it's quite possible nothing will happen.  But if we get yelled at, don't say I didn't warn you.

Choppin

gee post the pic already, enough of the doom sayin (easy to do that if you have seen that pic), or send me via pm

I already hate tacvi lots, wonder if there is anything good to be gotten there beside the 120 hp aug
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord