Main Menu

Thoughts on 66-70 spells

Started by Ukator Iceblood, May 12, 2004, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarilok

Quote from: BengaliI don't want some of the things I listed either.  I was just listing things that would remotely be possible to get directly from shamans.

I'd also like our own heal (not an inherited one), and our own low-recast nuke (i.e., not one of the slow casting shaman ones), and even our own combo-cure (disinfecting aura is nice, but something hybrid-specific that cured pois/dis/curse all at once, like crusader's touch, would be more up my alley).

Improved invis is one that I would also put on the list of "possible" items to get from shamans, even though I personally don't really care about it that much.

Just so there's no confusion, I basically agree with your reasons for not wanting the hand me downs that I listed.  I don't really want a poison nuke at this point since it would be that much harder to find a focus for it that was as good as my cold nuke focus.  I'd really prefer they gave us "group-friendly" dots that did their damage in fewer ticks, like the LDoN dot(s) that shamans, druids and necros got.  Any heals we get should heal a respectable amount of damage and have a short cast time, etc.

Shamans do NOT get improved invis, ever.  Why would they give beastlords improved invis at level 66-70, when shamans dont even get it at level 65?  If they gave it to shamans at 66, then I guess beastlords would get it at around level 85?  I mean really, you cant possibly expect to get spells that the parent class hasnt even got yet.

On a seperate note, I would like to see the following shaman spells moved on over for beastlords:

The talisman of Epuration spell.  This is a huge boost over the seperate versions, when you look at the duration, and the fact that it takes only 1 slot.

Voice of the Berserker, or at least Rage.

A beastlord version of Bane of Nife, since we get a version of ebolt.  Stacked with scorpion venom, it would make a nice 60dps

An upgraded Chloroblast, how about the same cast time, but double the amount healed and double the mana cost?  Shamans get Tnags Mending at 62, which heals 1300 for 450.  Using chloroblasts healing/mana ratio, for 450 mana you heal around 1100.  That would make the upgrade to chloro approx 85% the healing/mana of a shaman, and 65% the hp healed.  That is about right for a spell we would get only a few levels later.

Combined haste+proc BUFFS...notice the S.  I dont want to be back to casting haste+proc on mobs that are immune to magic.  Having one for magic, fire, cold, poison, and disease, all of which would overwrite each other, so you can switch from magic to poison without dispelling pet or casting a new one.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

mythral

i believe i read that shamans seem to be getting +accuract, strikethrough, avoidance etc type buffs in oow....so i dont think itd be too far out of line for our next pet haste, since the haste is capped apparently, and the minor extra stat boosts dont do much, could have a +accuracy type of mod in it.

Tastian

Holy old thread bump batman.  8P  

Currently our OoW pet haste has a +5% damage mod on it instead of a +str component.  Lots can still change, but I do think this is a good move and it'll actually be kind of funny if people are asking for "agi" buffs and stuff.  Ya know because we had way too many open buff slots as it was before.

Choppin

What I need most:

a better poison cure, at least 3 times better than what we have now (hate txevu fulmination)

a remove curse spell, f**K wanton destruction
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Tastian

lol I mem cure poison sometimes to take care of stray tash's and that's about it lol.

Choppin

Fulmination  

Slot Description
1:  Decrease HP when cast by 1500
2:  Decrease Mana by 250 per tick
3:  Decrease Hitpoints by 250 per tick
4:  Increase Poison Counter by 45

AE'd upon death by every ikaav ruiner trash mob in txevu, surely one reason why the zone is rather asstastic
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Xarilok

Can anyone post the descriptions of the level 66+ spells that seem at least semi-complete?  I heard about a new player heal, and was wondering about it, along with other ones.  I can't get to any sites at work to see them =/.  Thanks.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.