Main Menu

Trushar's Mending

Started by Graace, September 03, 2004, 11:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

"while the group keeps asking "are we gtg yet?"  )"

Is this actually a common thing for you?  I almost never experienced this.  In most groups there is someone else buffing and even if they have a group buff like HoV or something they usually want to get mana back.  HoV is ~2500mana hehe so I never had a problem buffing and being gtg after that.  Actually the only time I had an issue like this was doing LDoNs where I was haster.  I'd always wait and haste right before we went in and that did take sometime once everyone was there, but by staggering the buffs slightly as people show up it was always a really minor amount of time.  This is seriously just an honest question I honestly can't recall hardly any cases where groups were totally sitting around waiting for me because of buffs

Deathclaw

Quote"while the group keeps asking "are we gtg yet?" )"  

i  say - "still buffing but happy for a pull, if you are" slow on incoming, set pet on mob - then buff away, yes, your DPS is down for the first 1 - 3 mob - but who cares.

Iskandar

Quote from: TastianIs this actually a common thing for you?

Yep. Shamen aren't too common in my neck of the woods, whereas Beastlords seem to be a dime a dozen :P  In my usual groups, I buff SV (sometimes there's a Pally, so this isn't an "always" buff), SD, Kragg/Alladnu, IoS, Celerity, and sometimes Stamina. Some tanks will ask for Ferocity, Rogues almost always do :D  A typical group for me is me, an SK or Warrior, a couple of Druids, a Cleric, and a caster type or another Warrior/Rogue/melee. It varies, of course, from day to day and group to group -- I actually had both a Shaman and a Pally in the group a few days ago, so all I had to do was kill stuff, which was a nice change of pace.  And generally, I buff the melee first and the caster/healer types between pulls (unless we're doing a hard grind and won't have downtime between pulls). On typical raids, SD and Fero are pretty much the limit of my buffing, sometimes a Stamina if folks don't want to bug the Shamen.

With the wide array of spells we offer, we are allowed to play a wide range of roles in a group. I am usually in the heavy buffer/dps role, others have a lighter buffing role, others still never need to worry about it :)   That's a blessing for our class -- not many classes can fill so many roles successfully.... but it's also a bane for us, as there's no simple solutions that will please everyone. A change to one spell may please some, but it will disappoint others -- Tureptan Spirit's a good example there. Not everyone liked the change, and many were annoyed they had no choice in the matter (keep in mind that a forum such as this or the SoE boards reflects only a small percentage of the overall class population).

Look at DoT aggro for another example -- some people love it as is, as they have developed ways of using it to their advantage... others hate it and never use DoTs, as it's just a quick trip to bind for them. There's no easy solution that will satisfy everyone equally -- and it gets even trickier when you have to keep different classes balanced, especially since no one seems to agree on what "balance" is. :P
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Tastian

I think you are misunderstanding my question hehe.  I agree on the variety of beastlord playstyles etc.  I've said that many times and I assure you it makes my job even more enjoyable lol.

What I'm talking about isn't do you find yourself buffing much, but do you actually find others waiting for you well buffing?  I'm wondering about perhaps buffing style how you do it perhaps.

Let's say it's an LDoN.  I buff SV/SD soon as group is full and we are getting mission.  Infusion/kragg/stat are done for those that want.  Once outside the zone I'll do hate, or tag a few people that zoned in early.  Once inside it's shrinking.  In these cases there is almost never even a full 1 minute wait and that's if we choose to stop everything and wait for buffs.  Other people are buffing too and even if it's just a cleric that will throw out one HoV or maybe BoR as well they buff quickly, but just spent ~2500mana that they will likely want back for the mission.  The other classes might finish buffing sooner, but they aren't always gtg right after.

If I'm joining an extended group already in progress then I join up and drop SV/SD out of habit.  Then it's a matter of seeing what people want.  MT gets any hps buffs he wants and haste if they somehow still need, pulls start.  That's if other buffers are done buffing and medding mind you.  Then by one or two pulls in everyone has every buff they want and there was no standing around time.  Mobs still get slowed if I'm doing it, pet still throws in dps and I might miss one to two fights tops with my melee/proc dps.

Tastian

Like I said I'm just curious how other people do things because I can think of tons of times that I've stood around waiting for a cleric to med back from a HoV cast, or waited for a druid to be gtg after doing bot9, bor, sob, etc.  As long as buffing doesn't drop me so low on mana that I can't slow I'm always gtg hehe.  In a typical group I find myself standing around far more waiting on others than they ever have on me.  Even in those cases where I am the main person that is doing something haste outside LDoN, shrink inside LDoN it literally takes a minute tops and usually less to be gtg.  During that time pulls can still happen.

Tastian

Sigh tried to cut the post down into 2 smaller ones and it still ate part of what I said.  Stupid white screen.  8(

Aneya

I tend to buff only what I need and any additional request. During long sessions people tend to forget to ask for those annoying buffs like fero and stuff which is fine by me. :P Single target IoS is on my annoying buffs list which is one reason I like Tureptan Spirit.
Our down time tends to be when someone leaves group or dies. Otherwise we keep going even if people are not at full mana.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Iskandar

Ah, yeah I did misunderstand ya the first time :)  Buffing delays happen when we're first forming up, when we all get together at the same time. Group buffs go off, then I start single buffing, starting with the tank/melee types. If the spells had faster cast times, most would never notice, but IoS and Kragg/Alladnu are kinda slow and it looks like we're just standing there until the final casting effect goes off :P.

Now, if people straggle in one at a time or join late, it's not a biggie, as I start by buffing myself (to set the base "timer" for my buffs) then just start buffing folks as they get there. And as long as there's a few moments between pulls I can buff/rebuff one person then the next easily enough, especially now that we have buff timers.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Hrann

Actually, I often have gruops, or even raids (!) waiting for me to finish buffing.  Since most of the high mana cleric and chanters spells last so long, I typically have to refresh all my stuff while the group continues on.  I try not to make people wait, as I don't mind buffing as wel go (of course I can't fight for a while as was mentioned) but sometimes the group does want to wait.

Of course, I can't see me getting any KT runes anytime soon anyway...