Main Menu

SoF!

Started by Shkahl, January 08, 2004, 08:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shkahl

FINALLY got my copy tonight of spirit of flame!

I got it off the named razorfiend in the deep. Lhurgoz the Decayed

hes a semi-rare/random spawn in the southermost dead end tunnel on the echo caverns side of the chasm. Respawn in the area seemd to be less than 10minutes per mob. The mobs are all clustered together so crowd control is a big plus.

Group was me(60bst), 61 ranger, 61cleric, 61 chanter, and 55 necro

holding the place was beyond easy, almost boring. But it was good xp for all (not pop good, but good for non planar zones)

we were fighting our way back out after 3 hours of not seeing him spawn when the ranger said he was up, so we turned around and fought back and he dropped it!

So, it does exist, just gotta excercise your options ;)

P.S.- i recomend putting a group together to do this, your chances of getting the spell are ALOT greater than that flippin vampire castle.

Zorthar

Juvaris

Man, gratz on getting that spell, its probably the most time consuming and agrovating thing ive done on my bst.

course when i got it they hadnt revamped the deep so it was either Vampyre Tower or Emp. Ssra or that named mob in ME that has not popped in 1.5 yrs on bertox server lol
Juvaris Razorclaw
70th Season Beastlord
Bertox

Oneiromancer

I know people are going to hate me for this, but I found Spirit of Flame in the bazaar yesterday morning for only 2k.  I was so amazingly stoked!  I had been checking the bazaar with my mule every time I was around, just in case it showed up...I knew I wouldn't be able to afford the 15k minimum price (Kane Bayle), and it's not really worth that price...but since I picked up Spirit of Snow previously for 2.5k I kept searching.  And it paid off!  The best part was, I had just dinged 56 the previous night, so I was exactly ready to use the spell.  In fact, I hadn't even cast my new pet yet, that's how fresh I was to 56.

I hope it doesn't seem like I'm gloating too much, but man, I was so happy, I just had to share!  :D

Game on,

The Oneiromancer
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Maeceo

That is the f=tard that I have been camping and have had zero luck in getting that drop, have seen the bum 5 times, 5 daggers, of course I guess now i can turn them in for tribute points as I get them.

Grats~!

Maeceo

You inspired me to go back, got my copy last night too.

One thing I noticed, that is most likely just part of the RNG, the first 5 times I did this camp I could stroll right up to the mob that is right before the 3some and start killing that one and set up camp there. Easy stuff, lots of time there to get that named to spawn.

Last night when I did it, once I made the last turn and started up the tunnel that deadends (and he spawns there), each pack of mobs had at least one see invis mob in the group, I have to slowly kill the entire way up. Got there, 4 spawns later he spawned as I was about to leave, killed him, bam, got the spell. It was really odd, the game made me work hard last night lol.

TerjynPovar

Tonight, I finally got myself Spirit of Flame!  Yay me!

Renaldik Masric #31, spread out over the last 6 months or so.  No idea why I counted...but boy am I pleased.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Tastian

Hehe grats man.  I saw a copy in bazaar for 6k other night.  That didn't last very long.  Also heard a copy dropped for some people off emp or whatever hehe.  See thing is just uber common now.  8P

Zeone

Thank you all for the great info here!!!  :D I walked into the deep last night. Had a 55 warrior, bst, bard and a 45 berz (also had 65 cleric bot). Walked back to LoD camp, he was up, killed him and he dropped Spirit of Flame !!! I have to thank you all for helping me get this spell  :D

Trixzie

I was soloing at the PoI zone in late one night and another beastlord popped in LFG. I asked him if he'd like to join me and he did. I was using Spirit of Storm and he asked why I wasn't using Flame. I explained that I had had no luck in camping it, and he handed me a copy. Said he had 2 and didnt feel like sitting in the bazaar selling it  :)

Vidyne

anyone confirm if Lhurgoz still drops this?

Camping him for 9 hours now, not sure hwo many PHs, seems like 25... 3 Lhurgozs..... no spell.  3 daggers, 2 lvl 52 spells.

About to log for the night/Day and call it.... can easily hold this camp... but wondering if he even drops it now, as the 52 spells were never listed here or on alla.. so maybe his drops were changed?

Zakarn

Yes, he still drops this, although you seem to be getting the shaft on PH's.  Last weekend was there with 2 friends, first kill of the named dropped SoF for my buddy, then the next day after 3 more named kills mine dropped, was very refreshing after wanting that spell for so long.  Keep at it, hopefully your luck will turn for the better.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=160528 target="_new">Hunter Aztalan Talonbow
65 Forest Stalker
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=760353 target="_new">Baron Zakarn McJones
62 Savage Lord
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=315609 target="_new">Bizzarren Wizzarren
54 Wizard
Stormhammer

Vidyne

31 PHs, 5 L the Decayed, 0 SoFlame, 13 hours or so.