Main Menu

Invis

Started by Krinsh, October 02, 2006, 06:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xacer

Not to get off subject here but anybody know where there is an easy to get invis clicky for bsts without charges? :?

Spiritclaw

I had invis drop on me in the guild hall last night.  Didn't think any benificial spells were supposed to drop in there?!?!?!
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Petts

IMHO the main question here is ...

WHY is Invis the ONLY spell that fails before the duration timer?

No other buff drops early.

Khauruk

It would have been "too powerful" at the time it was put in game if it lasted full duration.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Tiroon

Quote from: Spiritclaw on February 22, 2007, 04:55:22 PM
I had invis drop on me in the guild hall last night.  Didn't think any benificial spells were supposed to drop in there?!?!?!

Looks like the checks to determine if the spell fails are made by the game no matter where you are.

Some beneficial spells are just running the duration in GH. Infusion of the Faithful was too well liked by tradeskillers and changed to drop after the usual duration and auras wear off too.

Quote from: Petts on February 22, 2007, 05:00:04 PM
IMHO the main question here is ...

WHY is Invis the ONLY spell that fails before the duration timer?

No other buff drops early.

Well that's an easy question to answer: Because it was programmed to behave like this. It may be the only beneficial spell behaving that way but certainly not the only spell. Just ask a class that has Root.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Tigrah

I know this one has already been adressed, but I also noticed that our invis (while still quite unpredictible) had become more stable after level 65ish, and increased in it's stability. Has anyone ventured to test if it's the quality of gear, such as the attributes governing it's stability, or if it's a level mod? Would be interesting to find out imho.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Urim

It's called human perception. I'd be willing to bet that nothing has changed with the invis spell to make it more stable but people want to see that it is so that is what they see.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Tigrah

not quite true urim. considering when I first got the spell it would routinely drop 30 seconds or less after casting it the first 3 times in a row. now I can go quite often for a full duration. Logically that means that something either skill, or program related monitors it's stability imho.

Urim

Human perception is exactly what it is. The Everquest RNG has the nasty ability of making things seem one way when they aren't (just ask any tradeskiller). What you are experiencing is a run of good luck with RNG, wait til you get a run of bad luck. You'll be back here asking what happened.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Vidyne

Yesterday on the way to Stone Tongued mission, I invised.... walked 3 steps, appearing..  invised, walked three steps... appearing.
Invised, walked about 20 steps, appearing.   Invised..  good til i got to where i was going.

Invis is still random, they might have slid the RNG a little more to our side, but rest assured, its not stable.

Tigrah

cool, I'll buy vild's response... I'm still not convinced that something past 65 hasnt' made it at least a little more stable but then I am a wishful thinker :)

hokarz

It could be just me, but after I got my divination skill up past 200 or so, I thought invis became much more stable than it was earlier. I still have times where it goes off in seconds, but much more often it's lasting almost to expiration. I still use cloudy potions, 'cuz I don't trust it at all.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Humlaine

I use just my own invis or buy phase spider blood for set invis or get a mage to summon me some set invis stones its easier that way