Main Menu

OMG I cant Choose!!!!

Started by davebrose, July 27, 2006, 04:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davebrose

I need help. Here are my options. 70 Beastlord, decent gear (has 70 slow spell). 66 Ranger, bad gear (has AM3 and EQ). 67 Mage, good gear (has 66 Air Pet). 69 Cleric, Average Equipment (has many AAs). Last but least 66 Warrior with Ldon and Bazaar Gear.

Here is my thinking. I love too 3 box, 4 is hard for me. But Ranger is sooo easy too box. Right now I box Bst, Mage and Cleric but I lack heavy tanking. I would like to be able to tank MPG and someday RSS.

So Beast can tank WoS but not MPG and probably never RSS. Do I grow my War and if soo what group do I utilize. If I just focus on my beloved beastlord will I ever reach my groups potential. Since the most I can box is 4 who do i drop. Mage and ranger both good DPS but ranger is easier with the Mage being better DPS now and better utility i.e. CotH.

I do not need a play who you like the best answer I need help deciding what is my strongest options for MPG and RSS and maybe even rares in these zones.

Thanks in advance for ya'lls help.

Chab Chab
70 Beastlord :?

Epee

U would be suprised at what us beasts can tank.  I 3 box with my bst, cleric and wizard.. one of my favorite places is Rss statue.  I usually have a friend that pulls but the beast tanks fine. 

Griksh

I would say if you love your beast that much stick with him. I 3 box RRS also with Bst, mag and cleric, using mage pet to pull. Its a tried and tested combo.

davebrose

I am not a Mage I am a Beastlord but I have a Mage. Soooo How do I pet pull I have never used this tactic and would like some help.

Chab
Lvl 70 Beastlord (the one who does not pet pull)

Khauruk

Your beastlord can tank MPG w/ the AAs, and DoN/oow tier 1 gear.  RSS would be really tough, and you'd die a lot probably until you get some raid gear, but I'm not positive on that.

Pet pulling - bring your mage along, pull up the first nuking fire pet (51?).  It should be green to you.  Invis yourself.  Run to what you want to pull, keeping yourself out of agro range from the mobs, and tell hte pet to attack.  It'll cast a nuke from a distance.  /pet hold or spam pet back, and run back to camp.  Mages are the best pet pullers imo - they rock.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Thaeliun

I 3 box MPG with a BST/cleric/mage combo.  I would hate to give up the mage CoA in exchange for getting out his green pet for single pulling.  The CoA pet helps my ability to tank thanks to all the stuns.  Also, if/when needed I can jump back, take my pet with me and leave the mage pet to tank.  Lol sometimes he does better then I do.

Anyway, there are several areas in MPG where you get easy singles without any tricks.   If I did have to trade out one of the pets for a green puller I would give up the BST pet since he can't tank those mobs anyway.