Main Menu

New Expansion Trio

Started by ranaraza, July 11, 2006, 10:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranaraza

If the new expansion is going to be a self-contained expansion and there is a new race, then I am assuming that this will be the first race that has all classes available.

If that is true, then I might create a Drakkin trio of beastlord, cleric and druid.  This trio would have slow, snare, evac, rez, DS, tracking and ports.

What would your trio be?

Khauruk

I've been thinking of zerker/druid/shammy myself.  I highly doubt the Drakkin will have all classes available, and can't figure out why you'd think that though...your trio would be nice though.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

ranaraza

My reasoning of this race might contain all classes is the press release saying it is a self contained expansion where you can go from 1-75.  I have always wanted to play a single race trio but have never put one together I really liked.

Jikaabx

Self-contained meaning, you still have all other races available, but you can get your human and lvl them up in content from expansion alone.

Taiglin

Apparently because of their human background they will have a similar class spread. I think humans can't be dru, shammy, bst - others?

Oh - I have 3 boxed that combo a bit and like it. Was 3 boxing LDoNs with it back in the day. My problem is now I am leveling up a necro and figured what the hell and did a cleric at the same time (both are 64 now). The intent was to use the cleric as a backup for our small family guild and eventually 3 box bst/nec/dru but will be tough letting go of the sheer healing power and especially group healing power of the cleric.... I do miss ports, evac, track, instant group invis, etc from the druid though.

I fear for my bank account. Actually that should read I fear for me if my wife were to read my thoughts....

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

darury

Quote from: Taiglin on July 12, 2006, 01:05:32 PM
Apparently because of their human background they will have a similar class spread. I think humans can't be dru, shammy, bst - others?

I think humans get everything but shaman, beastlord and berserker.

EDIT:  Fixed class list, thanks.
The Action Figure Army
Darsacat 70 Beastlord -- Darury 70 Cleric --  Nulyen 70 Druid -- Mjah 70 Magician -- Jumlum 70 Bard

Nusa

In this case, self-contained is mainly a marketing thing...it just means they've included the original game (probably trilogy, since that's the current free trial download) in the expansion, so a true new player doesn't have to already own the game to start playing. Of course, once on the hook, such a player would become motivated to go back and buy the missing expansions.

As for classes, I doubt your assumption of all classes is true. This is the most recent plausible comment I've seen on the subject: "Currently the devs do not know what classes they will be as that will be decided later with the exception that monks will be a class for sure." Source: http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Veterans&message.id=261248

maxawesome

Quote from: darury on July 25, 2006, 06:57:55 PM
Quote from: Taiglin on July 12, 2006, 01:05:32 PM

I think humans get everything but shaman and beastlord.

Humans cannot be Berserkers either. They CAN be druids though 8)