Main Menu

Mage/BST/ ????

Started by overkil2, October 22, 2006, 09:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overkil2

Hi,

I play on one of the progression servers and Luclin has been open for a week or so. I have a 57 mage and wanted to 3 box. I wanted a mage/beastlord but not sure on the 3rd class.

I was thinking about Cleric or druid. Which would be the best choice?

Any idead out there?

Khauruk

Well, it depends on where you're going to want to fight.  Cleric will heal you better certainly, but druid has much much utility to add to their heals.

Were I in your situation, I'd like the druid more.  And, attack debuffs can close the healing gap from a cleric pretty nicely.  Add snares, ports (very useful prePoK), nukes, outdoor pulling, exodus, dots, debuffs to help the mage nuke better, etc, and I'd call it a done deal for me.

Cleric - indoor pulling, heals, buffs
TURNCOAT!!!!!

overkil2

I buddy is telling me I should go Mag/BST/CLR and then add WIZ for ports.

Khauruk

/shrug...that's 4 boxing then.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gatorr

I currently box BST (main), Druid (main alt), Mage (3rd alt and worse gear).

I prefer druid over cleric even though they can't heal as good they make up for it with more DPS, ports, snare, tracking.  But I admit I never have played a cleric so maybe I am missing something that they can do other than CH.

Taiglin

I have the option of doing either as my healer with my Bst/Mage. With the size of TSS zones I went with druid. In general the cleric will let you take harder hitting mobs/content but what it comes down for me is the mobility (to include invis) and utility factor. Honestly the option has been debated quite a lot on these boards so doing a search should get you some good returns.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

devadamone

here is a combo suggestion i use a wizzie,cleric, beast trio

Helspawn

My wife plays a Mage so we duo alot.  We normally use our Cleric bot as the third but I think I'd rather have a Druid instead of a cleric for the better utility.  If I was worried about healing I'd personally rather have a Shaman.

Fightclubx

yea sure cleric is better heals/hp buff, but there not really needed

my druid/bst combo works well