Main Menu

Pet vs AoW

Started by Ukator Iceblood, February 13, 2004, 12:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukator Iceblood

Fought (and killed :) ) AoW for first time last night, however during the entire fight I never saw Wolf (my pet fyi) land a strike. No one hit from him message wise.

Anyone ever see something like this?
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Rhugan

Nope.

Last time I killed AOW was many many moons ago.  My pet hit him just fine though.  Maybe you turned off his damage message.  Other then that I have no idea.

Xuthaz

Just killed AoW on tuesday, pet hit just fine, in fact, pet out DPS'd me.  Pets are odd when it comes to AC, like the insanely high AC of AoW, as their damage scale is much closer to max than model hit (their max hit is their modal hit it appears)  Of course, i did blow through 5k mana on chloroblasting the MT, so i guess that could have something to do with it :)
Elder Xuthaz Everhate
- Iksar Feral Lord -

Ukator Iceblood

Lol I have no idea then. Thanks:)
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Silresa

Just an idea, but you may have been so far away from your pet that you were out of range for his/her hits to show up.

Dunno how plausible this is, considering how the AoW fight is conducted 90% of the time, but it's possible? ;)
http://members.cox.net/losian/newsig.gif">
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=249204">Silresa Kylong, Iksarian Feral Lady of Watchkeepers.
- And -
Jingles, the ever faithful and infamous warder companion.

Mtinie

I have noticed that occasionally a mob moves into a strange place on the Z-axis (not elevated visibly, but above the floor plane).  When this happens (while fighting the triplets in NToV especially) I stop seeing damage spam.  I know I am still hitting because I am not getting the "you cannot see your target" message, and the occasional riposte happens if I am in the front.  No idea why this happens, and I have /bugged every time it happens.

You might have experienced something similar depending on where you fight the AOW -- if you are corner pinning it probably wouldnt happened, but if you were fighting him near the icewall or near the ramps, it might have.
Mtinie and Meatloaf
Sans Requiem - Xev