Main Menu

Pet Bug?

Started by Kaktarr, February 20, 2004, 09:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaktarr

Well Ive seen that my pet has been bugged,been going off and on...
I would send him in on a mob and automatically the mob would turn on me  :shock:  :evil: ,I went far  away,just in radious where I wouldent outrun mob and sent pet...The mob came all the way after me!!!
Finally pet took aggro and it was off and on the rest of the day.
Have any of you been experiencing this  :?:
"It Really Is THAT Irrelevant"

totania

Quote from: KaktarrWell Ive seen that my pet has been bugged,been going off and on...
I would send him in on a mob and automatically the mob would turn on me  :shock:  :evil: ,I went far  away,just in radious where I wouldent outrun mob and sent pet...The mob came all the way after me!!!
Finally pet took aggro and it was off and on the rest of the day.
Have any of you been experiencing this  :?:

This happened to me once on Morden Rasp just after I moved there.  I was busy farming the Vamp fort in Teneb Mountains just for kicks, and one of the named would hit my pet once or twice and then make a beeline for me.  Not a big deal, I normally melee them anyway, but at the time I was fixing up my UI, so I can safely say that I did nothing to this mob.  Well, besides sending my pet to rip off it's head.  Pet taunt was on, as it usually is while I'm soloing, but this has never happened to me before.

I tossed it up to being a wierd bug associated to the new server, but if you are having the same problem, perhaps Sony is dorking around with monster agro rules.

Member of Night Eternal

quinalla

I know I have seen this with my druid.  Sometimes on LDoNs I will pull out the druid bear pet and use it for its very low damage to help out a little.  Sometimes if I send the pet in too quick and especially if I am sitting, the mob will come at me.  I think sending the pet to attack gives the pet owner a tiny bit of aggro and if the MT hasn't gotten much or your pet hasn't gotten much yet, the mob will come after you.  This has been my experience anyway with something similar.

TheOriginalGronker

If your pet's first attack against a mob is while the owner is sitting, you automatically get a 'sit aggro bonus' - that is, if you sit down the mob will hate you quite a bit more than sitting does normally.  If the pet hits the mob while you are standing, you are simply added to its hate list and really have no aggro - the mob just knows you need to be killed at some point.  I use all of this very often for mob positioning when I'm tanking.

Dakat

TheOriginalGronker, is exactly right.  I've seen this and had many people in game wonder why they were getting agro.  This sitting, sending pet to do the work is why.

Even if you had no pet at all.  Sit down and let the tank pull. If an add comes you are the first on its list.

Rumtum Tugger

I have had this happen while soloing, pet ran in, taunt failed, and its primary attack missed.  So I got the agro of sending pet.  So till the pets gets good taunt or proc, you get agro.  Can't blame the pet, not like I have control on my slow not sticking on my first cast every time.  :D
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=732264" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rumtum Tugger
65 Beast
Lanys
"Back.  Back off.  Gah, you stupid cat, where are you going? ..... TRAIN!"