Main Menu

Need good references or information about pet push

Started by Kirruu, March 10, 2004, 09:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirruu

Sick and tired of folks blaming our pets for pushing mobs around in a raid force of 42+. Anybody got good link/article/posting in regards to that?
I already looked on our pet forum, but not much there really.

Thanks lots.

- Furball

TerjynPovar

Unfortunately, you are unlikely to get what you are looking for.  Pets do in fact push, just not as much as people claim.  At least when I was looking for one I never could find one that adequately explained everything...maybe you'll have better luck.

You can do what a lot of people have done though...have all pet casters boycott pets during a (single) raid.  Make a loud proclamation of just how amazing it is that the mob still gets pushed to high hell and back.  Mock people incessantly.  (Well, ok...probably no the last. :))
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Kitana

If you have another bst in your guild, you can try to position your pets opposite from each other.  I have tried this before with success.  Though you may be too busy to be concentrating on your pet placement at a raid /shrug.  Obviously if you are fighting a mob in a corner, it won't matter.  As far as powater is concerned.. eww.. any push is teh s00k so we don't use pets there at all.

(wondering if not buffing Rellic would cut push much.. not that I'm gonna stop using it but got me curious)

Yiktiki

The thing is this... pets don't get out of range.  They stick to a mob like glue.  Since they are ALWAYS hitting, they are ALWAYS pushing.  I can't say that each hit pushes more, but since our pet hits so often, and our pet is never having positioning issues, our pet is pushing more.  You just gotta get all strategic like w/ the positioning.  I have less complaints about pet pushing, more complaints about pet size.  /c:
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

flush

Quote from: YiktikiThe thing is this... pets don't get out of range.  They stick to a mob like glue.  Since they are ALWAYS hitting, they are ALWAYS pushing.  I can't say that each hit pushes more, but since our pet hits so often, and our pet is never having positioning issues, our pet is pushing more.  You just gotta get all strategic like w/ the positioning.  I have less complaints about pet pushing, more complaints about pet size.  /c:

Charmed pets push more than our pets. Paladins with their stuns push the most, along with monks that choose to do so.

Our pets do push but nowhere as much as say, any paladin stun.

Main reason why mobs are bouncing all over the place are due to paladins not knowing how to stun in the proper direction. i.e. FACE the direction you want the mob to move in (irregardless of whether you are meleeing it or not) and cast spell.

Nukes have slight push as well.

My UI
Quotemmm, let the buku raid credits roll in....mmmm...

Mindlet

Training paladins in how to push is like banging your head against a brick wall.

bugman

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=950&highlight=

is one post about pet push (and some other things), it was posted in rants but still has alot of information.

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=635&highlight=

has some good info too
~Bugman - Venril Sathir

Tastian

Pets do push, but it's not nearly as much as most like to claim.  The way I always look at it is my usual solo style (my tanking, pet rogue).  I don't walk backwards across the zone well solo'n like this.  I hardly ever even move.  My uber 15% double attack and kick is enough to almost completely counter the pets uber, uber, broken, raid wrecking push!!  hehe

bugman

heh the funny thing is i went through a huge deal in my former guild about bst pets (at one point i was the only bst) pushing way too much on raids, and now with pet weapon when i solo or duo with my cleric one or two pet weapon procs and the mobs are being pushed past pet and i get all ticked off at the lack of my warder's pushing, ironic or something i think. so yah bst pets push, the same as any low delay duel wielding double attacking kicking bashing dding class will push, but they sure as heck dont push more them me using h2h weapons and 2 pet weapon procs  :roll:
~Bugman - Venril Sathir

mac173

Can't say what Raids are like, but whenever group members gripe about Buffy pushing, I put BOTH of us opposite the MT, and watch them push the mob past me. Once I even got Buffy positioned between the mob and a wall. It was funny watching Buffys head sticking out of the mobs chest as the MT pushed it right thru her!

Lascaris

Pet push is about = to DW player push. If i put myself opposite my pet and we're the only two on a mob I slightly push back into my pet.  That's using a 19 delay main, 21 delay  offhand with 41% worn haste and enchanter spell haste (i.e. max non-bard haste).  As somone said in a raid settings pets a) miss much fewer rounds than players and b) tend to end up on the same side of the mob as other pets over time as mobs get shoved around , of course SO DO MOST OF THE PLAYERS.

The biggest source of uncontrolled push on raids is dumb ass PC's who hit auto attack and flail into the mob without paying attention to push.

Zoban

Stripes pushes for the same as I do weilding a Behemoth Hammer (forget proper name atm cause I'm at work ) in my primary and a prismatic fist in my secondary without using any kicks etc ..

I know this for sure cause I have a bad habit when solo to start a fight with pet on mobs back opposite me and go to the litter box or to grab a beer.

Kirruu

Point being - when you have a raidforce of lets say 50 people, and 65% of that raid is whacking upon a mob, people try to blame mob push on lets say 2 warders.

I know our pets have a push. When used the correct way, it's a very helpful tool. If anyone knows how to balance a pet push, it's beastlord. What other pet class do you know that fights and/or solos at the side of their pets? I don't know about you guys, but I've spent quite alot of my leveling soloing in peace and quiet, away from scary pick up groups.

BUT - I'm sick and tired of hearing that 2 pets can outbalance or outpush 30 people poking, bashing, nuking and shoving the mob around. Sure, it has a push - but nowhere near to what some people try to imply. And sure, it's easy to blame warders because they won't speak up for themselves and people are extremely ignorant towards the Beastlord class - let's face it, we are STILL the rare ones, even after all those years. I'm still asked by people if I can use a bow, if I can malo, why can't I shrink my pet (that question usually leaves me banging my head on the desk by now), and best yet, most have no idea we are capable of decent tanking of everything pre-elemental+. And we're talking about people from time-level guilds.

I just wish there was an article or some source to point all those 'uninformed' folks to go read it and leave us alone and stop accusing and asking stupid questions. Maybe like a Beastlord 101 for dummies website or something.

Tastian

Wouldn't work ya know why?  Because some of those "dummies" are beastlords.  It's like rangers back around kunark.  The biggest hit to ranger understanding were rangers that didn't know.  Look through forums and just take note of all the wrong information.  Then understand most people that come to these boards are more educated than most beastlords.  Atleast once a week I try to explain something a beastlord that just isn't listening.  You can write whatever you want, you can parse, quote, test, till you are blue in the face, but some people just don't get it and they never will.  No two warders can't out push a 60 person raid, but if it's in someone's then so be it.  I actually have seen beastlords kill off all pets for a raid without being told, then STILL get yelled at for mob pushing.  *shrugs* it's EQ and it's one of the frustrating things you deal with.  I installed a small throw pillow on the edge of my desk for just such things as "buff my charisma it helps my slow proc" "malo the mob" "weapon delay can't go below 10" etc etc etc hehe.

Kotasz

I had to do this for a guild officer because he was claiming pets were insane push.

I pulled a mob to my pet (who was in /hold mode) and dropped a bag where the mob was.  Then I backed out of combat and let the warder solo the mob.  Depending on how long the fight is will demonstrate the amount of push you receive, so YMMV.  

After that test I performed another similar test, the only difference being that I replaced my warder with the officer who was in /bitchmode (a rogue).  The rogue outpushed my warder by a fair margin.

I suggest taking screenshots for your guildies, showing the steps you took as a way to prove them how small the push is.  If you could get the other melee classes to come solo stuff as a measure to how much they push, that'd be bonus.

Also, tell your guild about this site.  You might just be having a major problem with caster push.
Elder Kotasz - RasCal of Povar