Main Menu

Need good references or information about pet push

Started by Kirruu, March 10, 2004, 09:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinash

I have been trying to train my guild on raiding tactics and one of my complaints to them was they were pushing the mobs (in our case Giants in the Kael Arena) back into agro range of other Giants. I kept telling them to back off, but they didn't listen (they never do!  :lol: ) and agroed 2 more Giants. When people complain about pushing they should learn that THEY can always take a step back! If my Warder is pushing to hard I just hit the old Pet Back Off for a sec and let the mob advance a tad! So many things can cause a push and it seems our Warders always seem to get the blame when things go wrong! :shock:
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Gavving

While it may not work in many raid environments, it kills me to see MT's that won't reposition a mob.  If a MT has good aggro, the mob is going to follow him around.  A simple hotkey telling the raid to back off for repositioning should have everyone back pets off momentarily and others turn off attack for a sec.  MT runs back to a better position, mob follows, everyone regauges.  It's all so very simple, yet I've lost count of the number of times I've seen an MT stupidly push a mob into a wipe causing situation.  

Your guild should have the ability to follow instructions that enable a leader, MT or otherwise, to direct push.  Sometimes you want to corner a mob, sometimes you don't.  If your guild can't follow instructions on push, then I hope you like recovering from wipes, cause it'll happen eventually due to bad raid push.  

A good MT who understands push and how to use it is very nice to have.

Kotasz

Having the MT pull a raid mob generally doesn't work.  The aggro generated from most pets will keep the mob planted as long as there are other meleers in range.
Elder Kotasz - RasCal of Povar

Tastian

Simply having the MT call "switch sides" and a raid that listens suffices in most cases.  If you aren't cornering a mob you can just walking it back and forth along a wall or whatever.  Take your guild to growth and practices on will-o-lottahps or whatever.  Push control is one of the more basic raid things these days and definetly something that should be worked on if guild needs.  And by worked on I don't mean blaming pets and baring them lol.

Strigori

if you have a good raidleader and MT you can actualy make good use of pets to possition your mobs.    most positioning issues are a melee not listening more than anything else ive seen.  

Bans on all pets on anything other than the few deathspawn mobs, just shows signs of a poor raidleader who doesnt understand and utilize everything that his force can do.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Murkk Dakruul

honestly, it would be worse if pets didn't push. Pet push is a useful thing.

I think we make use of pet push on ohhh, lets see, every single god in PoTime besides bertoxx.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

neight

Quote from: Lascaris
 The biggest source of uncontrolled push on raids is dumb ass PC's who hit auto attack and flail into the mob without paying attention to push.

Yep, and the biggest complainers are the ones holding Copper Hammers of Striking.

Neight
Neight Wulfe <Requiem>
75 Barbarian Beastlord
The Tribunal