Main Menu

Anti-hate augs

Started by Gutterr, December 12, 2009, 04:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutterr

Anyone tried these out from Brell's Rest?  Curious if it is worth losing an aug slot for the hate redux.  One major issue is you would need two weapons, one to raid with and one to group/tank with.

Razimir

I wouldn't use them as they has no damage mods. There is stun aug with +weapon damage from t7 drop. So why not other way around?

-Raz

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Blarp

anti hate mod... god thats what i need for raids lol. when u get mroe info plz let us know

Hzath

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Gutterr

Thanks for the links, it was late last night.  Note that they can go in the range, so no need to lose the damage augs from weapons.  I would be torn between the casting and melee one, I don't want to lose 2 augs, but if these are worth a darn I could use some lower aggro.

Brane

Sympathic soothing is for spell aggro according to lucy. And how do you want to trigger Strike of Calming, when you put it into an ranged slot item please?  :-D

Khauruk

Why would you put a deagro proc on a ranged weapon?  That sounds pretty much pointless.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Blarp

think they are hopeing that it would proc in melee combat

Gutterr

The spell deaggro would go in range, and yes I was incorrect the melee would go in a weapon.  Not looking to get flamed for my lack of attention to detail, rather I was looking to see if these were worth a darn.  Ya, you would lose 4dmg by putting one in a weapon so the most obvious answer is that the loss of damage wouldn't be worth the trade off of less aggro.  However, if there was a benefit that would level the loss/reward ratio, that might outweigh the loss of a damage aug.  Prolly not, but that is why I asked in the first place.

Hzath

I'd be curious to know how good these are also.  Also, I have no clue what the differences between the sympathetic procs are; those lucy entries look like nonsense to me.

Odds are I'll still choose a +damage sympathetic for range slot though.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Khauruk

Sympathetic procs are something that has a chance to proc when you cast a spell.  It's not related to melee, except that they show up on weapons.

As far as the deagro proc itself, it looks like it would drop a fairly minimal amount of agro.  It drops 225 hate.  At 5ppm in mainhand for the aug which is a reasonably high procrate (is about 4.5ppm w/ WA6 and 73 hDex), that is just over 1100 hate lost per minute, or you could cast Frozen Venom an extra time every 3 minutes w/o ganking agro.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

nedoirah

Keep in mind that some melee classes use a weapon in the range slot (i.e. a bow) so yes it can proc from the range item.

Hzath

I meant what's the difference between

Sympathetic Calming VI
Sympathetic Soothing VI
Sympathetic Alleviation VI