Main Menu

GoD Spells

Started by rraane, August 10, 2004, 04:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rraane

I have to say I do not have any of my GoD spells yet and it is really  frustrating. The one I want most is the group IoS but I have been unable to get good GoD groups. I am what I would call a more or less average bst at 65 I have 80 aa and am not in a time guild, my gear while decent is nothing terribly fancy. I totally get my butt kicked in GoD. I have tried going to Riwwi and doing expeditions, 1 , 2 and 3 and all have gone extremely poorly! The most frustrating thing is the fact that I have not been able to get my spells.

I like the idea of them being droppable somehow so I could at least save up the plat to buy them in the bazaar!

Rraane

Rhaynne

QuoteThe one I want most is the group IoS but I have been unable to get good GoD groups.

You need to be at least Kod'Taz flagged to get that.

Oneiromancer

I personally have no desire to get any of the spells.  If they dropped in my lap I'd take them, of course, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get them.  I'm holding out hope that the OoW spells will be reasonably attainable (like PoP spells), otherwise I will be waiting for a while to level over 65.

I am wondering if the PoP spells will be able to be researched in OoW now.  Or perhaps you can buy them from merchants but they're nodrop.  I would think that they have to do something for the newer players that might not ever have a reason to go to PoP zones and get the drops from there.  They made several Luclin spells purchaseable in PoK, right?  So either EPs, SPs, and GRWs will drop in OoW zones or they will be made available somehow...I hope.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

DocMoriarty

I am also a non time non elemental non LDoN high end but good conventional geared 65 BST with 150 aa hiding in a n00b guild since i dont like raiding too much.

And guess what i won the Tipt trial. Still have to do the sewers and Vxed.

I got kinda tagged along. Basically i say there is a way to get the flags necessary. Experienced players tho prefer to play with experienced players. That means if you behave moronic you wont get tagged along to anything, if you work professionally you will most likely make some good friends in uber guilds by the time and they will be glad to have you along. This is how i get my flags done without being in a raiding guild.

I have a lot of friends that i would NOT tag along to such events. No point since they would bust it sooner or later (most likely sooner).

GoD is hard, its nothing you can do solo or duo cept for the low level zones like Natimbi, Qinimi, Riwwi partially. For the harder stuff and trials you need well balanced groups and players that know what they are doing.

mythral

god is really a great place for "non uber" people since the re-tune a bit ago, the mobs are no longer "omg rape me" everywhere, very few see invis mobs (tho you still have to pay attention where you are running) and the trials are ALL doable by most anyone without asstastic gear. on top of that tehre is some VERY nice gear from zones like barindu, and could be obtained by a typical bot type pickup group...yet people are afraid to leave the "easy" zones.

its kinda sad, god got a bad rap at the start(and it deserved it then, it was not ready to go live, and had serious design flaws), but since they "nerfed" or retuned it, its a really great expansion for the most part

Tastian

I hear ya myth.  Over the past few weeks I've found myself liking several things in GoD.  There are still some tweaks no doubt, but it's not nearly as bad as most think.  Vxed is a nice farm spot imo.  Have a shot at named right near zin if you want, chance at both spell drops, ok exp, and you don't need uber perfect group for it.  It's not as easy as some other spots, but it's still very do-able.  Too many people hear stories or information out of context and it just sticks for some reason.  In the last few weeks alone I've had some people finally try the trials and see for themselves just how they are.  I'm sure OoW hits and people are above the content you'll see more people there.  Of course, by then they'll probably complain the spells are useless lol, but oh wells.  8(

mythral

ha, im still using that weapon from vxed while raiding in tacvi, tho id probably be better off with my pet weapon ;p its a "pof weapon vs current expansion weapon" thing i guess ;p

i just wish i could convince people that god is no longer just a playground for the "ubers". i think the exp in zones like barindu could use a little more of a bump since it is a bit more of a travel to get there.

on the whole, i really feel god is a great expansion for all types of players now, its just not "easy' like pop grinds are.

taht said...i still feel they are pushing omens out too soon, they should still be touching up god and REALLY need to be finishing out the berserker class, and rounding out some of the other classes issues.

Deathclaw

aye - i am in a non uber guild, and even without a plate tank can xp / farm the sewers for spells / gear (yes you need top end baz gear and all def aa, and a good healer  but still can be done) - have been unluck on a plate runs for the trail, but some of our guild did it for the frist time last week, we work what we need to do etc - so it just a matter of time before i get it. yes if you stuff up / get unluck (mob gate becuase stun did not land etc and bring friends back)  you are dead, but that said the xp is also great there - better then bot.

and yes - i think oow still to soon - god only just now getting to a point where people can go there and live without time gear, and the top end zone have only just been fix so the top end guild can get pass the trail to get to them, but that does not get soe money... so start putting your hand in your pockets nw

Caali

Do you remember how long it took you to get a full PoP spellbook? I was 65 in a couple weeks but it took me a VERY long time to get them. I think once OoW and level 70 comes out the trials will be much easier to handle and more people will be KT flagged.

If you look at how SoE has let this stuff come out in the past, you'll see this isn't really out of line. I say that as a Time/KT flagged BL who still has no GoD spells btw.
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Gotog Ironskull

I too Hope the OOW Spells don't follow the same Patern as the BS GoD setup.  Any one who reads this post and thinks they can get GoD Spells with Bazaar Gear your fooling your self.  The spells can be gotten. but you need ppl and Gear to get them other wise all your going to get is a Quick death.
Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings

Katonis

Rytan has flat stated in the Q and A recently the OoW spell system will be much like PoP with some changes.

Kat

Oneiromancer

Eh, what he said was kind of ambiguous.  He never flat out stated that the final spell was not nodrop...didn't say whether any part of the spell acquisition was nodrop, actually.  If they can guarantee that you'll never get a repeat spell...then that removes one of the reasons to make the spells not nodrop--the issue of getting doubles.

Of course I'm hoping that the spells will be able to be sold in the bazaar--especially the highest level ones.  Hope I'm just being pessimistic and not realistic...

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Ekss

Without wanting to go too far off-topic:
Quote from: GotogAny one who reads this post and thinks they can get GoD Spells with Bazaar Gear your fooling your self.
It is definitely possible to get GoD spells with bazaar gear.
I helped a few guildmembers complete Vxed the other day; the group was 2 bazaar-geared berserkers, a bot enchanter with only 8AAs and some appalling gear, me tanking and an admittedly well-equipped druid healing; we had a ranger with us too.
We took out 3 named mobs as well as getting the berserkers and enchanter the flag.
If you can take out named mobs, there's the chance for spell drops.
Drop me for a warrior or knight tank and perhaps replace the druid with a bazaar-geared cleric and you could have similar success; and that's just one group make-up which works. There are many others.

People need to stop thinking GoD is that hard - it really isn't. If you have a good group of people who can stay alert, you can farm the sewer trials and Vxed/Tipt for spell drops.

I admit the KT ones are different as you have to be flagged for the zone; and spell drops in the trials are too rare, in my opinion, but it is perfectly possible to get them.

Having said that, I would like OoW spells to work like PoP in the sense that the results of the turn-ins are droppable. I like the idea of not getting duplicates; ideally they will set it up so that you don't get duplicates until you have all the spells, after which you can keep turning runes (or whatever) in and at that point you can get duplicates for the guild spell bank or to sell.
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

jitathab

The thing i really hate about GoD is the Corpse Runs, you spend 20 mins getting to a camp, only 1 min away invis drops and your ganked. This coupled with hardly any viable safe spots on the transit routes.

As a class that can not bind anywhere unaided, has a unpredictable invis duration, I just find it too tedious to get to the fun parts of the zones.  We are also not able to keep a pet with us when we zone invis so that we can protect ourselves when invis drops.

Every time ive been to do a sewers or mountains it has taken an hour to get going because at least 1 person dies on getting to the thing.

Anyway enough ranting why I hate getting there and dont go there, but before I gave up going there, the spells do drop fairly often from named now, previously they didnt. But the named in sewer trials are sometimes very sparse, did a 8 hour S3 trial (because its hard and crappy CR's) and no names at all, and this was post patch.

So I am praying that the spells in OOW can be bought in bazaar or are easy to get - e.g. 1 group take 2 hrs . Being lvl 70 with the lvl 64 pet is going to be a joke.

Eatbugs

Quote from: Rhaynne
QuoteThe one I want most is the group IoS but I have been unable to get good GoD groups.

You need to be at least Kod'Taz flagged to get that.

Ironically, if you're spending much time in zones where you could get Tureptan Spirit you've likely been clicking off buffs that only affect melee stats for quite a long time.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal