Main Menu

Drogan Quest Items

Started by Kirinicus, March 02, 2004, 03:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirinicus

Hello all.

I am almost 65 (25%) away, and I was wondering if we can solo anywhere at 65 to get some of the Drogan quest items (Deprecator blades and so forth). Magelo's in the sig, updated as of this morning.

I know that I can solo the monsters easily enough, was just wondering if anyone had a suggestion on where to pull the monsters from/to to avoid getting several adds. Thanks in advance!
Elder Kirinicus Kittensummoner
Feral Lord of Torvonnilous.

And when he gets to heaven,
to Saint Peter he will tell;
Just another soldier reporting, Sir,
I've served my time in hell."

Noriko

Adds will be common without snare.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=774007">Noriko . http://www.celestialrising.com">Celestial Rising . http://pub228.ezboard.com/bxevserverboards">Xev . http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1593">BST65.80/Xv h++ 3khp 3km ft13 r9 G++<3 e++ o+ T+++ L++ H+++@ f g b- t++>++++ D- !X

Kylaz

I was there when we freed the hybrid quest giver, and I asked the same question to a guildie (65 SK with 200+AA). His answer was "You can, probably, but first pulls will be multiple". He soloed it, but for SK, pulling single is not that hard. I'm a 65 bst with 165 AA, and from his answer, it seemed only barely possible...
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Tooflus Wunder

Quotefrom his answer, it seemed only barely possible...

I find those the most fun.  Doing the stuff that is barely possible is what this game is about.  Always being safe and easy thing gets old and stale.  Just something I've been railing against since I started playing again with this char.

Morganti

bring a vial of swirling shadows (insta gate) and be prepared for the worst...

if you are so concerned about being effienct with time...why are you playing EQ ;)

~D~

neight

It's really not all that difficult. At 65 in mostly gear from the "Bazaar All-Stars" collection, I've handled as many as three at once before.

Learning to manage runners helps:
- Keep a nuke (or two) up
- Back out earlier than you normally would, and use chloroblast to "patch" heal the pet rather than Healing of Sorsha. Keep pet health in the 10%-20% range, and mobs won't run nearly as early. Mend Companion is great here in case you need the pet healed quickly.
- Pick up a Serrated Bone Dirk for the pet. Kunzar Ku`Juch also works, though it is a lore item, so no stockpiling.
- Pay attention to where you pull to. If there's a lot of room, pull the runner as far away from other mobs as possible (duh). If there's not, consider keeping your pull as close to other mobs as possible. If you do it correctly, you can "hold" a mob in one spot close enough to another mob that it won't run, but far enough that you won't aggro (Droga aggro range is tiny).

The Earth Seer Gamolk camp is probably the easiest of the five in the "Inner" areas (where bone depredators can spawn). I used to setup camp in the narrow hallway to the west of Gamolk's spawn point. Once you have the timing of the roamers down, it's cake. Mobs may run north or south out of that hallway; learning exactly where to pull them to to "make" them run in the direction of your choice is key.

The large open area east of the human in the fake wall is probably a good spot to try out these mobs too. This whole area spawns with (non-named, unfortunately) inner mobs, and it's a wide open area. Good place to try out these mobs.

Neight
Neight Wulfe <Requiem>
75 Barbarian Beastlord
The Tribunal