Main Menu

65 Solo: Spots to go

Started by Ukator Iceblood, January 02, 2004, 10:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arslan

It looks like what he's doing is telling pet to attack the reaver, then using /pet hold, and then using /pet guard me to get the pet to come back.  The /pet hold prevents the pet from re-attacking when the /pet guard me command is issued.

Arslan's Gear
65 Vah Shir Feral Lord
Officer, Cascade Point of Rodcet Nife

Scalewulf

Aye Arslan,

That is exactly what I'm doing.   8)  

I added /pet hold to the first line of my /pet guard me and /pet guard here kot keys.  

So when I call pet back to me, she is already on pet hold.  

This also works as a cheap version of tracking (if you know the name of the mob).  

Zone in to any zone, make pet (don't even bother buffing yet), and give the "/pet attack lodizal" command.  If you just zoned in to almost any zone the mob you're looking for will be out of range, so your pet will just stand there.  BUT the pet should target the mob it was told to attack, IF the mob is up.  So now just "/assist" while having your pet targetted.  

I don't think this was nerfed, yet.  Someone care to try it some place silly like just zone in to East cabilis from FoB and summon pet and have it attack Grand master glox or something and try to assist your pet.  

P.S.  Names with spaces, you'll need to substitute an underline for the spaces.

:wink:

Scalewulf

"How exactly are you getting single reavers back to you?"

That is the innate problem.  Can't guarantee single reavers back to you if you are near a multiple reaver spawn point.    :?

Razimir

Quote from: Ukator IcebloodAnnul Magic helps in Seb. Cast that a couple of times, then slow. The mob should have no more SoW.

Btw. you can slow 1st and annul after slowing. Annul magic won't dispell slow.

-Raz

bugman

i solo bot deep south by where guakr spawns (only if he isnt up in fact). is alot of garunteed single spawns there. i make sure to get kei and virtue and other buffs if possible and use the method of tanking while meding on horse healing myself and letting pet do most of the damage. when i started i didnt have any healing AAs and now am almost max and it makes it alot easier and safer but is doable without healing aas.  average 4/4.5 minutes to kill and 1min (conservatively) or so to recover well enough to pull next and get 6% of an aa per kill. i have 4600hp/1250ac unbuffed (no im not bragging just giving as much info as possible!) paragon, max pet hastened mend and all defensive aa, and like i said now most all healing aa.

havent tried this method anywhere else but might work better or just as well other places. and i know not everyone can do it, but for those that can its respectable solo exp i would say.
~Bugman - Venril Sathir

Ukator Iceblood

Didn't know that Raz, thanks
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Rippykin

QuoteZone in to any zone, make pet (don't even bother buffing yet), and give the "/pet attack lodizal" command. If you just zoned in to almost any zone the mob you're looking for will be out of range, so your pet will just stand there. BUT the pet should target the mob it was told to attack, IF the mob is up. So now just "/assist" while having your pet targetted.
This was nerfed a long time ago. Mages used to /pet attack Quillmane while running around SKarana as a way of telling if it had spawned. There was also a time when /assist had no range restriction, i.e. /assist Rippykin would work if I was on one end of the zone and you were on the other end. If I targeted myself, it'd be easy to /assist Rippy and then invite me to a group, CotH, etc.

Alas those fun and games weren't long for Norrath. However, if a particular mob is in attack range of your pet it will go bounding off after it if you use /pet attack Whatchamacallit.

chuteshock

Didnt see howling stones mentioned at all in any of the above posts. The east wing is ok exp and the cash is not bad. That is pretty slick to solo BOT south and I bet a duo would do well there if you had a druid/cleric/shaman partner. I would also like to add aggro kite groups in HOH by the GY are decent exp.

Panthoran

Howling Stones is the same as Charissis

alot of good stuff on this list here .. will have to go check it out
Panthoran Stormbeast
65 Beastlords
Crusaders of the High Planes
Xegony

feralize

Nadox at Hate's Fury zoneline is not too bad if you wanna try something different. Spent two hours there last night, xp was not great but not terrible - I made just over half an aa - and the loot can be ok.

Basically as you're facing out towards Nadox you'll see a pair of mobs in front of you who will both come when you pull. Just after the two mobs there is an area to the right where two more doubles can be pulled. In the far left corner is a patch with three mobs. I never bothered pulling these.

Further along the dock there are three more mobs that can be pulled in singles bringing the total to nine mobs by the time everything started re-spawning.

Once you've dealt with the initial doubles they can be single pulled as long as you keep up with the spawn rate. What can screw this up is if First Mate Bresanev spawns right at the zoneline. He can drop the Gem Inlaid Longsword (11/19 bard sword with +40% Percussion Instruments mod) which fetched 10k the first night I put it up in the bazaar. His common drop is the Waterlegged Breeches - not a bad mid-level+ pair of hybrid pants.

The regular mobs drop an average of 5pp per plus the odd gem, word and rune. After selling I made about 750pp + the breeches. The first time I was there for the same amount of time I got the sword and the same amount of pp.

Nice alternative to my favourite spot - the rares in Torgiran - and close too.
[65 Feral Lord] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=750138" >Feralize (Iksar) 163aa : [65 Arcanist] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=758777" >Kikagoki (Froglok) 39aa : [62 Warlock] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=679674" >Bonekasta (Erudite) 29aa : [62 Warder] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=846383" >Traku (Human) 6aa : [56 Troubador] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=986526" >Twotonic (Vah Shir) 3aa : [51 Crusader] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=865632" >Ubinusan (Erudite) : [51 Brawler] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1045121" >Drolthar (Dwarf) : [44 Shaman] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=986554" >Jikkorak (Iksar) : [40 Druid] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1045106" >Ceggan (Halfling)

DiosT

hmm..

Innovation worked well for me...

Trying it now, since i saw it on the list...

65 Beastlord, 100 AA, Combat ability 3, BF5, Paragon, Frenzy, Full spellbook..

Pet Foci: DPOC
Bought the following spells: KEI, Pot9
Pet buffs: Sha's Ferocity (free from pants), Spiritual Str, SoW, Rellic
Self Buffs: Typical lineup, had Fot7 instead of IOS/kragg..

What i did was--
Sha's Revenge on pull
Sick pet before the mob got to me at zone in
Cast DoT to get mob to run at me again
tanked the mob, switching between:
1. Melee/tanking
2. Tanking on horse/healing self
3. Pet soloing (while i did full meding)

Used setup 1 when I had full/80%+ hp/mana, used setup 2 when it was fairly balanced, and used setup 3 when I needed to med.. a level 64 pet w/dpoc can solo a slowed mob easily.. but it's slower then when you tank..

I typically use 1 & 3 while i soloed, #2 is only helpful in the fact your pet does full damage to the rear of the mob, I'll have to make a through write up about this...

DiosT

Follow up:

Was in PoI for exactly 1 hour hunting (not counting buff time)..

made approx. 50% an AA, meaning PoI trash is ~1AA/2 hours -- Not so great solo, but.... was mindless easy, no risk of death... could have been worse

Grymlok

And PoI gets better as gear/aa increases.  I have 53 standing regen + regrowth + sd (= 77) means I outregen most poi mob's slowed dps, so healing myself is almost never an issue.  I figure that self-buffed only, I get an AA every 1:30 or so.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Zakoriz

Quote from: Rippykin

Alas those fun and games weren't long for Norrath. However, if a particular mob is in attack range of your pet it will go bounding off after it if you use /pet attack Whatchamacallit.

This isnt entirely true either. There *may* be a range restriction on this.. but I was messing with this the other day and was able to get my pet to target a mob I could not see, and could not target myself.  The mob in question was a commander in Ssra. He was behind a locked door at the far end of a good sized room full of mobs. I couldnt see him, nor could I /target him etc.  
I used "/pet attack commander"  (with pet taunt turned off just in case) and my pet targeted him.  It was outside the range where the pet would try and run for the target as well but it was enough to let me know he was there.
Elder Zakoriz
Level 65 Beastlord
Erollisi Marr - Resilience