Main Menu

Poll on Exp% per hour solo

Started by Ississ, January 05, 2004, 01:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ississ

I see a lot of people here mentioning good or poor experience.

What I would like to know is, What is a 65 Beastlord capable of pulling in in an hour of solo hunting?  I have friends on my server telling me that unless i'm getting an AA point an hour solo I should find better hunting.  Having thought about it though I'm not sure an AA point an hour is even possable for us.

Your thoughts?...

Eatbugs

Can't say I've ever seen a solo camp that would give me an AA an hour.  The best I ever do is an AA every hour and a half, solo - and that's pretty rare.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Argach

My best solo AA is 115% in an hour in VP with 2-3 of the "melee proc" GWs that hit the xp cap - i.e. give 15% AAxp (they give 10% duo). And I had raid buffs, haste, nine, VoQ, kazad the whole set. In most places when soloing I'm after excitement, pitting my leet soloer skillz against the enviroment, and not really after xp.

Doing hard LDoN with guildies is far better xp than anything I can reliable solo anyways. -_-

Hrann

Honestly, most places these days only give me about 1 AA every 3 hours or so.  Usually I go to these places for other reasons such as questing, money, or item camping though.  If I am just going for xp and nothing else, and grind as efficiently as possible, I can do maybe an AA in 2 hours instead - on a lucky streak I might have done better than that once or twice.

I do not have elemental access though.  Also, if all I am looking for is xp, grouping is generally where it's at.

TheOriginalGronker

Don't forget, AA/hour is really related to DPS over that hour and location.  Some better-equipped BSTs with kei/whatever buffs will have an quicker time than a I-rushed-to-65-and-have-no-equipment 65bst.  60dps sustained (with med/heal breaks) makes for much different xp/hour than 120+dps.

Phurbi

Anything over 1% per critter and I'm happy.  That said, I usually aim for loot with decent exp, not maximum exp.

I generally dual box (grouped) if I'm not in LDoN, an AA every 2 hours or so is decent (to me).  I could do better, but I hate PoP :)
Phurbi - Feral Lord
Ten out of ten people die, so don't take life too seriously.

Ravno

When solo grinding for exp I head to PoN, 5% of an aa every 3 kills (spiders - trees - ravens), each kill taking around 60 secs, followed by 30-45 secs for heals and pulling another mob.

I end up with roughly 60% of an aa for every hour. It's a reasonable exp rate, but boring as hell.
Ravno al`Vera
Tarew Marr

Bimuki

i've found that hard ldons are really good aa, and i can crank about 60-75% of an aa during 1 addy (usually around an hour)