Main Menu

Raid vs grouping/solo

Started by Scalewulf, January 06, 2004, 07:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scalewulf

I've been playing for 4+ years and also have done a lot of what EQ has to offer.  

I find that there is a lot less to do on a raid than there is in a group and I mean a LOT less.  

If you're referring to buffing endless groups, I'll give ya that.  Hehe, I want no part of "Okay, bst number 2 buff groups 6-12".  

In a good dungeon crawl I can, slow, nuke, be MT, be puller, save someones ass with a quick chlroblast, buff the group, SD, paragon, etc, etc.  In effect, I get to play the class to it's fullest extent, IMO.  

Difference of philosphies or definition of "busy" I guess..

:wink:

Morganti

i don't raid becasue i have yet to come across a raiding guild on my server, that raids around the time i get online.  Most guilds end raiding when i would be able to start.  Sure i could always start a guild...but with no raid experiance under my belt that would drive my own perfectionist personality to hell...

Tastian

hehe Mainly had to answer because I can say "yes" to all three of bulge's questions up there.  8)

Everything really depends on your situation.  I've raided very heavily, I've solo'd, I've done alts without end.  For some people raiding is one of the only things they have left.  I remember a few years back during velious I had tradeskills done, max exp, no items left I wanted to loot and was literally going city to city fixing factions (was iksar 8P ).  

Tastian is actually my most casual character ever.  As much as I've enjoyed raiding and doing a bunch of things it's very nice to log him in and play without all the negatives of a guild.  Every now and then I see an item or something that makes me think about tagging him, but overall it's just not worth it for what I'd gain in my eyes atm.  

I guess just "yes" there are people that don't care for raiding stuff like EP's and it comes as a big shock to a lot of people.  Do what's fun for you and I wish you the best.  8)