Main Menu

Level 65 Hunting Spot

Started by Klav, January 06, 2004, 01:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klav

although it is possible but slow xp rate Beastlords are able to solo the "Gaurdian of Doomfire" Table area in Plane of Fire. the numerous "yard trash" mobs are red con yet do not summon.
Some Buff Suggestions would be:
Levitate Spells
Numerous Mana Regen spells.
Jboots SoW, SoE/FoE
Spell Haste (very important one)

Pet-Sow, Arags Celerity( no relicc)
Pull one mob and kite it around various corners just as experience groups regularly do.
Do not send pet from the start. Build up Agro from using Plague, Scorpion Venom, Malaria and even Sha's Revenge for agro/less mana cost than dots.

The tricky parts of this are landing dots when the mob has not been snared. Spell haste can help you land dots. Plague will be a 3 second cast which is just enough time for you to escape with either none or small dmg(500 ish dmg)

The most offensive (damaging as fast as possible while still holding control on agro) is Dotting from 100 to 90% then send pet for 10% then calm pet(while dotting when pet is engaged) from 80% to 70% keep the pet off and from 70-40% send pet -40-30 no pet then 30 to 0 pet.

Some may get alot of Interrupts from levitating and stopping-just need to practice timing your casts.

Kiting these mobs is highly dangerous even for finly geared beastlords.
Each mob will take about 20 minutes to kill and receiving 12%( if i remember correctly)

Some may do the calculating in their head-yes the xp rate IS bad but if youre one to not find a group. this is better than nothing.
"You of all people should understand what I am trying to accomplish here. You too know what it feels like to be cast aside; you've only dealt with the pain a few years-I've dealt with it for a millenia...Seeing you people everyday on this perfect little world He created for you is a constant reminder that my kind came first; your kind was most revered. And while you know forgiveness; we only know regret.

The lesson must be taught. All are accountable."-Bartleby