Main Menu

VP?

Started by Fistinyereyes, January 23, 2004, 08:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fistinyereyes

Under soloable areas it has VP listed... I'd assume it's just talking about common yard trash mobs?

I have never been there and don't have the key for the zone, however if it offers some nice solo potential I would be intrested in going there =) any info would be great.

Fistinyereyes 65 bst
Veeshan

Argach

Yes, common trash. The big dragons regen 2k per tick or so (three time-geared tanks couldn't dent the regen, only when rogue came back from dragging the puller and started attacking the lifebar went down), have quite high dps for so old mobs and 32k hp so ye need at least one group for them, even with superior gear/AAs.

Racnars hit for 399, fully slowable and have 20-24k hp. Pure melee, summon, no special tricks on the zone-in racnars ... once in a blue moon they might enrage instead of running. I can kill single racnars if I start with full health without healing myself until afterwards, at least if I have virtue.

Guardian Wurms hit for 540, fully slowable, have 24k hp. They have always a 400ish, quite easy to resist fire AE, recast 1 min or so. Some have 400ish dispell AE (cold based I think), melee 12 sec stun proc (really easy to resist with some MR) or melee 1k DD fire proc (easy to resist) - all of these special GWs are rare and yield 15% AA xp per kill compared to the usual 4% AA xp per kill. Fighting GWs takes a lot of healing yourself and I've had sometimes to back off and let pet tank while I heal myself back up if I've had a few bad rounds and heal interrupts. Both GWs and racnars run on low health but pretty slowly - nevertheless pull them far enough to leave them room to run without getting adds.

There's a roaming GW going from zone to the first doorway, two racnars on both sides of the first doorway, then a big room with two racnars and a roaming GW. These are all single pullable at 65 with slow, as long as ye don't pull when a GW is right between the two racnars - that'll result a pull of 3. Fights last around 2 minutes for me and respawn time is close to 15 min, so these spawns are enough for a solo beastlord. The two racnars on top of the ramp usually come both if ye try to pull them.

Most mobs don't see invis so CRing is easy. Some GWs do, though, so be careful if exploring. Only way to get out is any form of gating, and gate potion gate can collapse too! .. so bring more than 1 charge and if gate does collapse move a bit and try again.

You need good gear, decent amount of AAs and good nerves to solo in VP, but the xp rate (AA in 1-1.5 hours) and cash from rare Kunark spell drops is the reward if ye can pull it off. I'd suggest having KEI and Virtue the first time ye try, and possibly a duo partner.

Good hunting in VP!

Emmdee

Just a tip on the Racnar's enrage. They will always enrage at 10% if they don't run. They will always run if you have a decent amount of health, 40% or more, when they hit 20% health. If your pet has 40-50% hp or more when the Racnar hits 20%, back off and the mob will turn, then you can jump in again and kill them from behind. Works well if you have a method of proc snare like the Sargasso Spear or a Spear of Constriction.

BTW, this method works for most mobs that run.... you can either force a mob to run or stay depending on where you let your HP get to at the point where the mob would normally turn.

Grolck

Hehe, i'm thinking I need to get hold of a VP key. Gear isn't great, so i'll prolly bring a friend or two... is it easy enough getting singles here?
http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/79108/GrolckSig.jpg">

Argach

First 6 mobs always come single if you watch the roamers, after that there'll be some double-pulls. A necro or mage can pet-tank a slowed racnar tho.

Dumpty

QuoteFighting GWs takes a lot of healing yourself and I've had sometimes to back off and let pet tank while I heal myself back up if I've had a few bad rounds and heal interrupts
If you max melee GW's form the side, they will be on your pet and not you. They go down easily with your pet tanking for you since we have a much better pet heal available.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Dummkopf

Oh, i have to try that. Its quite nice soloing in VP although i used like 5 insta gate potions the other day in there, but i was crawling around and did some bad pulls resulting in more than 2 mobs at once (2 are soloable normally if you split them between you and your pet).

VenerableMT

I found a splitter!  Finally built up the courage to go a bit deeper and the first guardian wurm I pulled pass the third set of racnar split into two more after I killed it.  Not sure if it's commonplace deeper in or just random off all the wurms and I hadn't encountered it yet.

I've yet to experience a racnar enraging, and I've been low on life as well as the pet.  I've had gw stop attacking me and attack pet while I was still in range to hit it, but I wasn't able to reproduce the effect by sending in pet and then creeping in from the side at max melee range.  Would just turn and hit me even if only 1/2 of attacks were landing.

Was the most fun I've had in a while solo, the experience was good and the uber spell drops(sha's ferocity!) and wurm meat were well worth the naked run back to VP after the splitter. :wink:
Venerable Baronn, Feral Lord of Morrel Thule
Member of Reviction