Main Menu

Can pets be dispelled

Started by Grritter, August 31, 2004, 10:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grritter

Ok hope this doesn't sound silly. I have been researching all about my pet. I am a 53 BST kitty.

I have read in places that say your pet cannot be dispelled unless on PvP or duel.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks
Grritter 53
Lord of the Beasts

JillieMT

Hm, now that you mention it, I don't think they can be. I solo in PoH, and I have been dispelled a few times when pet cleric'ing, but I don't recall the pet ever getting dispelled.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Kivuli

Since your warder is a pet and not a buff, he/she cannot be dispelled.

Skanda

Several times when my guild has been doing the RZ event. During the event you fight quite a few ogres that cast an AE dispell. If I allowed my pet to have all his buffs dispelled then the next time an ogre cast his AE the pet would poof.

Not sure if that's a bug but yes, I have had my pet dispelled before.

Ttony

Quote from: GrritterOk hope this doesn't sound silly. I have been researching all about my pet. I am a 53 BST kitty.

I have read in places that say your pet cannot be dispelled unless on PvP or duel.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

You can dispell your pets buffs. Group members can dispell your pet's buffs. Mobs can dispell your pet's buffs. If your pet is in a PvP area he can be dispelled by anyone. If you accept a duel with another player then that player can dispell your pet's buffs.
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Rhaynne

QuoteNot sure if that's a bug but yes, I have had my pet dispelled before.

That was a bug or something killed your pet.  Pets aren't buffs anymore, so they can't be despawned by a dispell any more than you can.

alky

Sorry to deraill the thread but i have a question about dispell.
I used to think that the dispelling was going from top buff to the bottom's one but , it seems it is not what happen now.  I've got buffs removed from slot above the fourth's one.

So, does dispell remove random buff ?  Are junk buff still usefull ?
Seigneur de la Sauvagerie Alky
65 Beastlord on Sebilis

Oneiromancer

Some mobs dispell your buffs from the top down.  Others will dispell random buffs.  It usually seems to me that if a random buff is dispelled, it's in the first 4, but I have had higher up buffs dispelled...just the other night my Talisman of Kragg was dispelled twice in a row in the 8th buff slot.  /shrug

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Tardar

Your pet can be dispelled.  That doesn't mean he goes away, but he will lose all his buffs.  The only way to get rid of your pet is to kill it.  They can't be banished.

Liga

I have had my pet dispelled by a necro in the arena as well as Klandicar and the new Skyfire Sleeper clone(who dispells 3 slots at a time).

Tardar

Sic your pet on a Chromo in SF.  While you are doing that, go ahead and load your pet buffs, you'll need em.

Kivuli

Pet buffs can be dispelled, the pet itself cannot.

Sempai

In the early days of being a beastlord, your pet was a buff and could be dispelled. That is no longer the case.

While your pet's buffs can be dispelled, the pet itself cannot be. However, it can be charmed, and used to kill you, which always a joy.  :oops:
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Grritter

Oh if your pet is charmed can you make it go away or do you have to wait until it is uncharmed

Sempai

Hasn't happened to me in a very long time, like 18 months or so. Back in those days, you had to kill it, which was tough as a newbie. Nothing as humiliating as asking for help to kill your own pet. :oops:

And yes, to this day I still hate those sirens in CS :lol:
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells