Main Menu

Dieing, dieing, dieing

Started by Hiirsh, September 07, 2006, 01:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiirsh

Lately some nights I cannot hold on to a pet for the life of me.  She will die to a Tacvi AE ramp in a heart beat, fully lvl 70 raid buffed, 100% health, unfocused usually.  Started bout 6 weeks ago that I seem to lose more pets than I can keep in a night.

I pull her off before enrage, step back at enrage.  Keep her off, mob almost dead.. AE ramp... pet dead.

Am I getting too old and senile to play this game anymore or is there something going on ?

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993926"></a>
~Lvl 80 Beastlord ~ Resilience Guild ~ EMarrs

Skanda

Kanan

nope.. AE ramp at GoD+ is horrible and destroys pets in single rounds of ramp.  The dots there in tacvi can be rough as well.  I get genuinely angry every time I have a pet evaporate to anguish trash mobs from ae ramp.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Hiirsh

LOL ok.. so I don't need to quit and make a zerker huh ?  I have not had the pet dieing in anguish as much as tacvi .. so I though it was either bugged somehow or ME being REALLY stupid (imagine my surprise on that one) and it has only been happening more recent than not.

Thanks for the input.  Really does make me feel better... I was about to give up for being totally stupid and not being able to keep her up.

/hugs

hakaaba

Dont even try to use a pet on Mastruq Berserkers.  It *will* die.  Suspend it or park it in the corner. 

Actually since the rampage fix, i've noticed alot of tacvi nameds ae rampaging for non-full damage where they used to page for full, so it is alot more feasible in several cases.  But tacvi is still pretty bad in general.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Hiirsh

Quote from: hakaaba on September 07, 2006, 05:36:19 PM
Dont even try to use a pet on Mastruq Berserkers.  It *will* die.  Suspend it or park it in the corner. 

OMG I HATE THEM!!  HAHAHA... you have no idea how much!   They are ALMOST worse then the named :-)  I still use the pet on them ... have ALMOST got it down to keeping the pet up... some days I don't even go near them though LOL

I am forever screaming at my hubby that the Mastrugs REMEMBER from the last time and are out to get me :-)

and I curse alot at them LOL

Sharrien

I have the luxury of boxing a mage, so my warder almost always has full pet gear, including the armor.  The extra AC goes a long way toward mitigating my sloth-like reflexes trying to get out of range when I know an AE ramp is comming.  When getting ready for the first goat and north snake or Ture in Anguish I try to /guard my pets out of range, that way they move back just a little faster when I tell them to back off.  Most of the time I don't lose my pet there, unless I die, hehe.

That said, Ture ate fuzzy and floaty for breakfast last night.  I would swear his AE ramp range got bigger cause I parked them pretty far up the hallway from where we corner him.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Kanan

/chuckle.. on the tacvi zerkers, something I've done in teh past is suspend good pet and chain cast a nekkid pet from range, since I have always had major issue finding the seam b/w oor melee and ramp range, and just throw and nuke otherwise ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

iamweaver

How well does the DoDh pet fare against the Berzerkers, out of curiosity?
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Bengali

"Dying, dying, dying" should be the title.

:)

DoDh pet fares well as long as it poofs before the rampage.  If not, it's usually owned.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"