Started by Dakat, May 05, 2004, 07:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakat

Worthless.

Unable to stack Sta buff with it.

CillianFV

Quote from: DakatWorthless.

Unable to stack Sta buff with it.

Bah!  That was the best thing about IoS!
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Chakkorisi

Wait . . . I thought this was nothing more than a group version of IoS?  If it doesn't stack with STA buff, you're right, that pretty much makes it worthless.   :roll:

Discouraging

Chakk

Dummkopf

I want someone to confirm that pls, well, i will prolly ask for the next geomancer stone just to check it. During beta i could use other stat buffs (i used only dex) so it has changed since then apparently (or sta is a special case).

Dakat

Was in a group yesterday just before I posted.  The beastlord casting it on us. I was on an alt.  I asked for sta buff as well, and they said it does not stack with this spell any more.  The tank took it off and asked for the normal buffs.

TerjynPovar

Lucy indicates no stacking issues, however Lucy also says Furious Strength and Focus of the Seventh Stack.  If they do, that's news to me, so I'm just going to wait for someone with the spell to comment. :)
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Oneiromancer

For the longest time I thought that stat buffs didn't stack with IoS...I'm not sure why exactly, but I may have had some other buffs that didn't stack with the stat buffs at the time and assumed it was IoS blocking it (I have no idea how that could have happened though).  Anyway, obviously I figured out eventually what did and did not stack.  It is entirely possible that this beastlord that said that STA didn't stack made a similar mistake and it should be attempted again.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

TerjynPovar

Whoa.  Regarding what I said earlier, on April 28th, changes to a whole boatload of spells went live, including Furious Strength, Dexterity, and Stamina, which all no longer show as conflicting with Focus of the Seventh.  Anybody verify that these now stack?  If not, I'm going to just have to presume they made a stacking change and Lucy is behind the times for the moment.

Oneiromancer

Our highest level STA spell has always stacked with Focus, as far as I know.  I remember trying it out after I noticed that a shaman would always give me both Focus and STA, so I tried it myself after a MGB one night.  Worked just fine.

STR and DEX, however, always failed to stack with Focus before.  I don't think I have tried again recently...although I might have accidentally cast DEX on myself instead of a groupmate and had it not land, I can't remember.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Rarrum

Teruptan spirit was already worthless by the time you can get it.

But that aside, I can confirm that IoS still stacked with sta on may 4th at least.

Rougefox

stamina stacks with Fo7 because Fo7 is hp(altuna or whatever the highest shaman pure hp buff is), str, and dex all in one and a little better.  there is no sta component.  IoS(sta, str, dex) will stack with the single versions of each buff (Stamina, Dexterity, Furious Strength) as well as Talisman of Altuna, and while the IoS combo doesn't give as much hp as Fo7/boar, the IoS combo DOES max out my str, sta, dex at lvl 61, and more than likely will for a couple more lvls.

Now..... if i can get that dang agility up.
Rougefox
61 Savage Lord
Officer of the Lords of Ale
Brell Serilis Server

TerjynPovar

Maybe this got lost because I mentioned Stamina, but the point is as of 4/28 Lucy no longer shows Furious Strength and Dexterity as conflicting with Focus of the Seventh.  Surely somebody can go check that fairly easily and report if it's fundamental game change and Lucy is out of date or if it really changed. :)  I was going to do it last night till I remembered I was buried deep in a dungeon and had no desire to work my way back.

Tastian

LOL just logged in just for you terj.  

Had  Fo7  + Diaku
Tried:
- Furious str wouldn't hold
- Dex  wouldn't hold

Clicked off Diaku
Tried:
- Furious str  still wouldn't hold
- Dex  still wouldn't hold

They bugged Harness of spirit (level 49 shm mini-focus) a few times throught the years so you could stack str/dex on stop of Harness.  As of right now though str/dex no stacking with dex.  Diaku does and so does frenzy, but not furious str or dex.

TerjynPovar

So it's as it always was, thanks.

Guess Lucy's stacking information won't be as up to date as usual for a while.  Bummer.

jural

I have this spell and everything stacks with it just like IoS.