Main Menu

Spirit of Rellic

Started by Blobbie da Troll, September 02, 2004, 09:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blobbie da Troll

I have been asked whether it would be appropriate to replace Spirit of Rellic with Spirit of Vermin on guild raids in order to lessen the push/stun effects which are judged to be detremental to crowd control.

I am not even sure that there is a "knockback" on Rellic or the other stun procs from our warders.

My guild is EP/VT at the moment.

Can I get some advise on this issue?

Cheers
Da Blob

65 Levels of running from Frogloks

Choppin

There is no pushback listed for eitzher proc on Lucy, so I assume there is none and the push you see from the pet is the normal melee push + bash / kick push. I'd go with rellic for best dps + maybe the stun helps on trash.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Ekss

Rellic has no pushback associated with it. Check the raw spell data and look up 'pushback' for Spirit of Rellic Strike on Lucy to check.

A spell which has a 'stun' component to it does not mean it will automatically have a push component; some Stun spells do have a pushback component. Take Quellious' Word of Serenity, which has a pushback of 5; however, Force of Akilae has no pushback component.

Rellic has a 155DD; Vermind has a 105DD. So all you would accomplish by switching to Vermin would be lowering the damage done by beastlord pet procs by about a third (ignoring resists etc which I can't judge).
The one advantage to swapping would be if the mob you were fighting had very high MR and low DR, since Rellic checks against MR and Vermind against DR.

If you are having trouble with push on raids, people need to learn to control it more. If that means repositioning their pets, so be it.
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

JillieMT

I think its been proven that pets don't push any more than players do. It's just more apparent with pets, as they will automatically move closer to the critter to fill the gap as they push. A player character will not move up quite as quickly, so its not so obvious.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Dakat

Make sure you tell monks not to use flying kicks, paladins from using knockback stuns, melee from using knockback weapons, and wizards and other pure casters from using knockback spells.  

I've proven this in a guild I was in. After a while of bitching about push, I stopped sending pet in at all.  The mob was still being pushed around even worse then when pet was there.  It really shut down the crap the guild was saying after that.

Aneya

kick and bash knockback too.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore