Main Menu

Ancient Rune Spells?

Started by cettin, November 13, 2004, 10:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cettin

Reading that some mobs in rs drop ancient runes just wondering anyone had any info on it seen any info on bst ancient spell is.

Shirrkarn Ayge

King and Queen drop ancients, so dont worry about getting em
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Kanan

/digs up from way in the past

as a lot know now too, ancient runes drop in pairs in anguish too.

Now.. question i have: is it just the environ where I've been using it lately, or does the ancient seem to have a ridiculous amount of full resists to it?

I suppose I need to parse on a time when I'm soloing or on slowing duties so that I can be able to give an accurate resists/landing numbers.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Vashin

Quote from: Kanan on November 01, 2005, 08:12:34 PM
/digs up from way in the past

as a lot know now too, ancient runes drop in pairs in anguish too.

Now.. question i have: is it just the environ where I've been using it lately, or does the ancient seem to have a ridiculous amount of full resists to it?

I suppose I need to parse on a time when I'm soloing or on slowing duties so that I can be able to give an accurate resists/landing numbers.

I dont' have lvl 70 Ancient yet. But I know that the 65 ancient nuke gets resisted much more then the 69 one. At least for me it does.

Also, I use the 69 one and then the 65 Ancient back to back /shrug, maybe that has something to do with it.

Tastian

Anyone actually have logs of the higher resists?  I've never seen it parsed out to show an actually difference and none of our nukes have a built in resist mod of any kind so it's not a case of something missing. 

I could maybe see the 65 ancient getting resisted a bit more than the 69 nuke just because it's lower level and they made some tweaks to lower level spells as I recall, but not certain.

With 30sec refresh it's hard to get a solid duration to really tell, but I'll see if maybe I can pull a large enough sample together to see.

Pakratz

This is in regards to resist rates on our OOW Ancient spell Savage Ice vs our 69 spell Glacier Spear.  I use these two regularly with nearly equal frequency, tho I don't cast them every time they pop (dod pet is much more mana efficient).  Here's the resist rates I got:

1) vs. a variety of Qvic/Tacvi/Anguish raid mobs:
                  Savage Ice:  36 hits, 14 resists, 72% hit rate
                  Glacier Spear: 33 hits,  6 resists,  85% hit rate

2) vs. RS trash while xping (primarily use Savage Ice here):
                Savage Ice:   44 hits,  5 resists,  90% hit rate
                Glacier Spear:  11 hits, 1 resist   92% hit rate

While  this is a small sample size, it shows a tendency for Savage Ice to be fully resisted more.  It's worth looking into some more at least.  Gonna try to get a larger sample.

Rarrum

Similar to what I posted here:
http://www.beastlords.org/forums/index.php?topic=6212.0

It's possible it's related to the ordering you cast them in, as mobs may be more debuffed later.  But I still haven't had a chance to do any major parsing of it... actually think I'll start work on that now.

-------

edit: Parsed some more tonight... results on that other thead.

Pakratz

Thx for the suggestion, I'll try that out.  I knew i read that post somewhere, I just couldnt find it to put my comments in the right thread!