Main Menu

New Slow on Test

Started by corruptor64, April 07, 2005, 11:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corruptor64

Has anyone on Test seen this spell, and how it is obtained? I saw it on lucy as a lvl 70 spell on test, but I don't have a link atm because Allah is down.

I have all my spells atm, but if they are going to just add it to the end of our glowing rune line i will farm a glowing and try to have one saved when it does eventually go live. Just a question for our test server beasts.

Tide

Not a beastlord here, but a wizard.  Unless Tarsq has gotten it, then I don't know if anyone on test has it yet.  Unless he has it then I don't honestly know if anyone else would on the server.  We have low numbers as you probably already know.  Most of us here love the server, but it isn't for everyone due to the number of downages and patches.  Also the testing of content is not for everyone obviously.  Himself was a good level 70 beastlord, but he retired and I don't think Kritaaba, Lionessa, Woramdor, Rexbow or Divra have hit 70 for that matter.  Sorry for the lack of information, but you may better get one of those runes for when it goes live. 

Tide
Gnome Wizard
Primal Brood
Test Server

corruptor64

Thanks for the info. I have read all the sony boards, but noone has mentioned this aspect yet. I am going to just farm another rune, because that seems like the obvious thing to do.

Tastian

This is what rytan recently said...

"This spell, and the equivalent enchanter and shaman spells, will most likely be available via the rune turn in system as are the vast majority of the 66-70 spells.  The problems with beastlords slowing in groups is primarily a high end issue, and the difficulty in acquiring them should be of commensurate difficulty."

Can't say for sure until it happens and I haven't gotten the spell yet on test, but sounds like it will likely just be added into our rune turn-ins.  *shrugs*

bham

I am hoping this isnt the case, beastlords need this upgrade even more than shamans and enchanters, and yet it will considerably harder for us to acquire ours.  :? Greater runes are about 10 times more common in RSS than glowing, and getting a 68 rune is trivial (hello, baazar).

I can acquire 2 more glowing runes if I have to ( I refuse to get one for Ferocity of Irionu, unless it is blocking this new slow), but I know a lot of beastlords will never see this slow if it is a glowing rune turn-in, especially if it is the 4th one. Since this new spell was mentioned I have had 2 glowings drop in RSS, but I gave them both to my wizard. I will be pissed if I find out I needed those 2 to get this new slow.   :x
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Gotog Ironskull

Ugh I hope its no 70 glowing rune.  I have not even gotten our 70 fero upgrade yet.

Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings

Tastian

Will of course have to wait and see, but atm it looks like it will be 70 rune.  I've tried to explain how this fits into our progression and that slowing problems didn't just start with RS and have been around since KT and even in spots before that.  Pointed out how our spell list currently looks and how important the spell is to us in terms of doing our job as slowers.  *shrugs*  Will post more as it comes, but atm it's not looking so good. 

If this does have to be a 70 rune would some beastlords want to see this slow inserted at a different spot in spell progression than at the end?  Perhaps put fero at the end and new slow before it or possibly even new slow before dot?  That'd bury the pet further though.  *shrugs*  Keep feedbacking and we'll see what happens.

Strigori

Bleh, a 4th Glowing Rune....Can we at least get heavy presure on them to fix the fero so we dont have to waste a rune on that pos to get the good spell? I have the pet, and had not intended to bother with hunting down another rune untill they announced a fix for the fero, which given is now about a year from when it first appeared, seemed doubtfull it was ever going to happen.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Firriann

imo tast, the 70 spells should be: slow, pet, fero, dot. or pet, slow, fero, dot. but since i just got my 1st glowing since oow started (and i farmed rss for 3-4 months straight with no glowing wins) and other people already have some too, it would be unfair to be at the point of needing 1 for pet and getting slow instead. and i agree with strigori, the fero is just a PoS spell and makes spending a rune for it worthless.
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Zanois

Quotethe fero is just a PoS spell and makes spending a rune for it worthless.

Depends how you use it....

Im sure on raids you fero rogues, running your 70 fero and 65 fero is nice when having to keep it up on more than one rogue..

Urim and I split the rogues in half, usually end up with 2 rogues each + ourselves, yeah there isn't much of an atk difference, but is nice to get 3 fero's done and not have to recast for another 7 mins.

As for new slow, sure it sucks that its the last glowing (potentially anyway), I don't see it as much of a class balancing issue, if as you all say a lot of bst dont have all there glowings yet.

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

Knodey

guess i am spoiled i have had my glowing runes since 2 months ago or so , working on finishing runes for  my bot heh..

corruptor64

Least i know it is going to be a 70 rune probably. I just aquired an extra one today. I have had all of them for a while now. The increase in drop rate in RSS is nice.

Turning in does nothing now even though the new slow in on Lucy under Live tab. Guess i'll just wait patiently until they make it live then turn in glowing. :)

jitathab

70 rune hand in is ridiculous. I can not slow in LDoN at 70 why do I have to be the top 1% to get this spell?

Besides that I have spent weeks in MPG and RSS and lost soo many rolls on runes its unbeliveable, only have 2 69 spells :/

Nusa

Being frustrated about winning rolls doesn't make runes rediculous.

We currently only need 3 Glowing Runes. Considering all the casting classes need 5 or 6 Glowing Runes to get their 70 spells, I just can't see complaining about needing a 4th, if that's the way it happens.

Strigori

You can not compare our number of runes with the int casters and preists.  SKs, paladins, rangers and bards all require only 3 glowings.  We would be the only hybrid needing a 4th
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro