Main Menu

New Slow on Test

Started by corruptor64, April 07, 2005, 11:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nusa

Sure I can. My odds of winning a rune in an RS group are just as good as the Cleric and Enchanter by typical loot rules. My point was that the casters have to put in a lot more effort than us to get all their spells.

jitathab

Shaman slow is level 69
Enchanter slow is level 69

Fact 69 Runes drop MORE often than 70

Also we have to waste runes on utterly useless spells of the non upgrade Fero  and the pointless dot.

Shirrkarn Ayge

Using the argument that the new spells for shaman/enchanter are level 69 is irrelevant to the level of ours. If you look at the standard slows available to those classes

Turgur's Insects - Shaman 75% slow - lvl 51
Forlorn Deeds - Enchanter 70% slow - lvl 57
Sha's Revenge - Beast 65% slow - lvl 65

Our 'equivalent' slow has never been available until a higher level than the main slowing classes.
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

jitathab

You missed the point im afraid, the level 69 runes are far more common than the 70 runes.

70 runes are only gained by raiding guild people or by mini raids by non GOD + people. Reality is the people who need the slow need it before they get to the zone that they can get the drop from, making it less than useful to the majority.

I have only seen 1 glowing drop in MPG ever, in about 100 hours there, and RSS is a significant step up, not everyone has a 15k tank to hide behind.

KirishuRN

15k tank?? with the right healer, I can tank in RS and have done so many times.
Kirishu's Magelo of <Echoes In Eternity> on Rodcet Nife Server

Some people are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your Face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Nusa

Well, there's your problem right there. You're looking in the wrong place. Glowing runes are rare in MPG. Any group that can handle the 6-way in MPG should be able to handle the statue camp in RSS (assuming they meet the entry requirement of level 69/70). I only know a few 15K+ tanks, and they have never grouped with me in RSS. A 10K plate tank with well developed defensive AA should be able to handle it. I can tank there myself in a pinch, but the healers whine a lot less about mana if I let a real tank do it.

corruptor64

The runes are not as hard as people say they are to obtain. People are just afraid to take chances. Worse case senerio, You summon/rez in lobby. Who cares? lol

RSS is not impossible. Get a tank with Defensive AAs and 10.5k+, which is not hard to find nowadays.  Get a healer that knows how to CH, and can time them, OR lead in with an elixer on pull then start a CH cycle. Snag a snarer, or use hobble, but camp in Summoner's room to kill the mob as they slowly run away if using hobble.

Zanois

QuoteThe runes are not as hard as people say they are to obtain. People are just afraid to take chances. Worse case senerio, You summon/rez in lobby. Who cares? lol

OMG amen to that.......

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

bham

Check my Sig.

My last 2 glowing runes came from RSS, with me 4-boxing those 4 toons and no one else.

Having said that, glowing runes are much, much rarer than greater. If you have a regular group that hunts in MPG and RSS, everyone will have all their 69 runes before you have a fraction of the 70 runes you need to equip everyone. If you are in a mid-level guild that knocks off all those 2-rune dropping omens mini-raid mobs in NC, RcoD and WoS, your guild will have all its 69 runes long before you start finishing up your 70s.

The problem is that beastlords need this slow more than enchanters or shamans need it, because they already have resist debuff spells and resist mod slows and we do not. But for shamans and enchanters, earning it will be trivial compared to the amount of work beastlords need to do.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Oiingo

SOE will probably implement our new slow, but make it usable at level 71.  They are very sneaky like that.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Firriann

wasnt our reinvisioned slow only 50% and the 1.5 duration? i thought i recalled that being that low. it's 65% now. ah well, might be wrong, but i was sure i was reading it as 50%, 1.5 duration and -20 resist (-30 now on lucy..)
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Knodey

you know u all are complaining about level 70 runes , but i can duo RSS, given my gear is nice but i still get hurt pretty bad in that zone , with a real tank and a snarer(mobs will run) you can have a very good group going add a few dps its not hard to find, right now i am equipping cleric with runes from RSS/MPG , Glowing aren't that rare now in MPG btw, 6 way seems to drop them a good amount.

Mahes

Quote from: Knodey on April 25, 2005, 02:46:42 PM
you know u all are complaining about level 70 runes , but i can duo RSS, given my gear is nice but i still get hurt pretty bad in that zone , with a real tank and a snarer(mobs will run) you can have a very good group going add a few dps its not hard to find, right now i am equipping cleric with runes from RSS/MPG , Glowing aren't that rare now in MPG btw, 6 way seems to drop them a good amount.

You're duoing Glowing Rune droppers in RS?

You don't say....

Knodey

They aren't  that hard to duo , a friend does the same while i am not there....

bham

So, any word yet on when this spell becomes available? and how it will be acquired?
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox